Bible apps?

Does anyone use their smartphone with a free Bible download on it in both e and audio version, if you use these can you recommend any good ones.

I am new at using my smartphone I want to be able to read the Bible offline preferably KJV. I tried to download one but it didnt show up with any text! Also it had ads that I am not interested in and kept giving me random bible trivia questions.

i just want to be able to read the Bible without going online and look up scriptures.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 7, 2015
Lanolin there are many good ones out there like U Version and Olive Tree BUT I LIKE SIMPLE.

Included is a screen shot of my favorite OFF LINE READER....which means you don't need a data connection to use it.
1. Can high lite complete verses
2. Can add notes
3. Free down loads of many versions

Yes at least 3 different kj versions.

Screenshot_2018-08-28-03-25-22.png

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Feb 11, 2015
Usa
Does anyone use their smartphone with a free Bible download on it in both e and audio version, if you use these can you recommend any good ones.

I am new at using my smartphone I want to be able to read the Bible offline preferably KJV. I tried to download one but it didnt show up with any text! Also it had ads that I am not interested in and kept giving me random bible trivia questions.

i just want to be able to read the Bible without going online and look up scriptures.
The other one that I have is my sword (besides the you version and olive tree). It has the ability to read the king James with the Strong's attached. So you just click on the Strong's numbers and can read the definition. It can also be used off line. And has several translations if one desires to have them.

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2017
Arkansas
www.kz.indigo-phoenix.com
Lanolin
I prefer to use mysword and really like it..
It's free, has many bible versions, dictionaries, commentaries, books, etc. that are available to download for it. I had to read the directions really good to learn how to save the books on my sd card instead of internal memory... (Probably just because I use it on my tablet, not a phone).
It also has more menu options, choices, etc. and can seem complicated... but It's my favorite.

I use olive tree, which also offers some free content, but many books are quite expensive. But it is the easiest to use, and has all the features you'd need.

I also have kindle installed and use it sometimes.
I have alot of books on my tablet... I use all three apps. because you can't always find a book you want in a specific format... so it works well for me.

You can also find similar apps on google play...

However, no one can ever be 100% certain of the safety and security of ANYTHING that you download and install. Please always be sure to do your own research and decide what will work best for your needs. And if you install something and decide you don't like it, you can always uninstall it, and try another.

You probably should also be able to find some things ad simply pdf files, (if your phone can open and them).

Those are what I use... I have had no problems with them so far... but again, do your research, and be aware, whatever you use is always at your own risk...