Bible apps?

Does anyone use their smartphone with a free Bible download on it in both e and audio version, if you use these can you recommend any good ones.

I am new at using my smartphone I want to be able to read the Bible offline preferably KJV. I tried to download one but it didnt show up with any text! Also it had ads that I am not interested in and kept giving me random bible trivia questions.

i just want to be able to read the Bible without going online and look up scriptures.

Lanolin there are many good ones out there like U Version and Olive Tree BUT I LIKE SIMPLE.

Included is a screen shot of my favorite OFF LINE READER....which means you don't need a data connection to use it.
1. Can high lite complete verses
2. Can add notes
3. Free down loads of many versions

Yes at least 3 different kj versions.

Screenshot_2018-08-28-03-25-22.png

Does anyone use their smartphone with a free Bible download on it in both e and audio version, if you use these can you recommend any good ones.

I am new at using my smartphone I want to be able to read the Bible offline preferably KJV. I tried to download one but it didnt show up with any text! Also it had ads that I am not interested in and kept giving me random bible trivia questions.

i just want to be able to read the Bible without going online and look up scriptures.

The other one that I have is my sword (besides the you version and olive tree). It has the ability to read the king James with the Strong's attached. So you just click on the Strong's numbers and can read the definition. It can also be used off line. And has several translations if one desires to have them.

Lanolin
I prefer to use mysword and really like it..
It's free, has many bible versions, dictionaries, commentaries, books, etc. that are available to download for it. I had to read the directions really good to learn how to save the books on my sd card instead of internal memory... (Probably just because I use it on my tablet, not a phone).
It also has more menu options, choices, etc. and can seem complicated... but It's my favorite.

I use olive tree, which also offers some free content, but many books are quite expensive. But it is the easiest to use, and has all the features you'd need.

I also have kindle installed and use it sometimes.
I have alot of books on my tablet... I use all three apps. because you can't always find a book you want in a specific format... so it works well for me.

You can also find similar apps on google play...

However, no one can ever be 100% certain of the safety and security of ANYTHING that you download and install. Please always be sure to do your own research and decide what will work best for your needs. And if you install something and decide you don't like it, you can always uninstall it, and try another.

You probably should also be able to find some things ad simply pdf files, (if your phone can open and them).

Those are what I use... I have had no problems with them so far... but again, do your research, and be aware, whatever you use is always at your own risk...

I like Quick Bible and Study Bible (MacArthur Bible with complete study notes).

huh the Bible app I had crashed for some strange reason and I no longer have it. I can't even remember what one it was. It had KJV I recall.
But I didn't use it much at all because I always had my book version.

Is there one with different languages? For android.
And also one for children? For the ipad. The one I had on there crashed too.

I hardly use the apps on my phone, to be honest. Even the ipad I only use it for internet browsing, and sometimes tuning my guitar. I used libby for reading e-books and listening to audio books. I use the built in maps and the whats app, facetime etc. But everything else I used the browser.

I guess I'm just not really into apps. There are probably some great ones out there but I have never paid for any apps or seen the need to acquire them.

huh the Bible app I had crashed for some strange reason and I no longer have it. I can't even remember what one it was. It had KJV I recall.
But I didn't use it much at all because I always had my book version.

Is there one with different languages? For android.
And also one for children? For the ipad. The one I had on there crashed too.

I hardly use the apps on my phone, to be honest. Even the ipad I only use it for internet browsing, and sometimes tuning my guitar. I used libby for reading e-books and listening to audio books. I use the built in maps and the whats app, facetime etc. But everything else I used the browser.

I guess I'm just not really into apps. There are probably some great ones out there but I have never paid for any apps or seen the need to acquire them.
Tecarta has a nice layout for phones. I believe they are on Android as well as IOS. Simple and straight forward.

I am going to try that one and then some of the others. I can't download too many (not enough space) so will need to pick just one that is the best out of all of them.

youversion
olive
mysword

I am going to try that one and then some of the others. I can't download too many (not enough space) so will need to pick just one that is the best out of all of them.

youversion
olive
mysword
I use mysword as a goto app as well, it is great for searching. Small footprint and quick.

I use "Bible (Offline, Multi-version)" on android. It's the most lightweight and fastest one I've tried, plus I like the simplicity of it.

The search on it isn't very good, but if you know where you need to be looking, it's nice.

I use "Bible (Offline, Multi-version)" on android. It's the most lightweight and fastest one I've tried, plus I like the simplicity of it.

The search on it isn't very good, but if you know where you need to be looking, it's nice.

Hey Korg;

Do you like to use apps, like Bible, quite a bit on your android, more than your desktop? Is it more convenient?

I'm the opposite. With my ministry work I limit my iPhone to calls, text, email, gps and the rest on my desktop when I get back to my office.

God bless you, Korg, and your family.

Hey Korg;

Do you like to use apps, like Bible, quite a bit on your android, more than your desktop? Is it more convenient?

I'm the opposite. With my ministry work I limit my iPhone to calls, text, email, gps and the rest on my desktop when I get back to my office.

Yeah, I feel like it's replaced me carrying around a physical bible anywhere. It's just so convenient to pull up a scripture during conversations.

It's still faster for me to google on a desktop of course, but when I'm not able to get on my desktop, it does the job.

Hey Korg;

Android tablets and IPads make a happy medium between the phone apps and desktop size.

I downloaded a bible app on ipad, but still just end up looking in my paperback Bible anyway (habit?)
and if I need to look up a verse, just use the browser and go into Bible Hub online.

With the android, I haven't downloaded any because I just don't use it for reading or email or anything. I use it for messaging and google maps and calls and scanning qR codes that's about it.

While everyone else around me is looking at their phones, I bring out a real book I keep stashed in my bag and read that.

I did trial a free audio and ebook platform for the library, and while audio was ok..you need uninterrupted time to listen to a book. This is hard if our wifi connection cuts out or you get interrupted with calls. There is a way to download them to listen offline but seemed too complicated (plus the time it takes to download something)
The e-book I don't bother with as the android is a bit too small to be used for reading books. I mean no books are that small in real life.

Back