Blessing our enemies

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
That is a really good question.

And, for arguments sake, why does God create people who are serial killers.

He dosen't. It is that old Free will thing. Most of us have a love-hate relationship with freewill. We like it when it suits us, but when others make a choice that affects us in a negative way, we wonder why God didn’t stop it.

I do not pretend to have the acceptable answer. But I do know that God is good and that He is on our side!

Nov 21, 2016
UK
So, you seriously think, that a person, who has a lovely happy life, suddenly decides, through choice, "Hey, I'll become a serial killer".

I don't think so.

I've given birth to 2 children (boys ..eek). And I've been astounded at the stuff they've gotten up to. Monsters, the pair of them. But, I think that now I can honestly say that I had no idea how they would turn out.

My question remains. How do people turn out to be serial killers.

God makes us all?

Feb 10, 2015
Maryland
So, you seriously think, that a person, who has a lovely happy life, suddenly decides, through choice, "Hey, I'll become a serial killer".

No, I would say that violent nature or otherwise great sin cones from not confronting one's own thoughts and selfish desires and letting them have free reign in one's life rather than bringing such thoughts before the Lord and submitting to His counsel.

That's hardly a well adjusted happy person suddenly deciding to kill.

Cain was jealous of Abel well before the first murder.

Feb 10, 2015
Maryland
There are many things that can be unsettling and disturbing to ponder regarding the edges of salvation, and what awaits one who dies who is very young or mentally deficient or the willfully evil.

In my meditations, I find several ways to approach this, but none that leave me truly satisfied.

I must understand and accept that God will do as He sees fit for His purposes does not owe me an explanation. This is the basically the answer He gave Job. My not seeing or understanding is immaterial.

His love is made manifest to me by His provision for me in the body and blood of Christ and not by my understanding of His dealing beyond that. My only responsibility beyond myself is to share my experience and understanding of Him.

My understanding does not preclude His expression of love in salvation for any of these with the exception of the willfully and unrepentant evil.

It is also consistent with the picture of God as the potter and us as the clay. Just as a potter can take the same clay and make either a vessel used to hold the wine ( or juice ) for communion or he can use the same clay to make a chamber pot to hold night soil.

By faith I can accept that His will, including this aspect is an expression of love, even it I do not understand.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
Adam and Eve weren't exactly the best parents...

Cain and Abel weren't living in the Eden garden paradise with their parents anymore. They both had to work their butt off to survive. Outside of the garden, it wasn't THAT happy.

When I say normal, I say Cain didn't grow up having two heads and claws.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
There are many things that can be unsettling and disturbing to ponder regarding the edges of salvation, and what awaits one who dies who is very young or mentally deficient or the willfully evil.

In my meditations, I find several ways to approach this, but none that leave me truly satisfied.

I must understand and accept that God will do as He sees fit for His purposes does not owe me an explanation. This is the basically the answer He gave Job. My not seeing or understanding is immaterial.

His love is made manifest to me by His provision for me in the body and blood of Christ and not by my understanding of His dealing beyond that. My only responsibility beyond myself is to share my experience and understanding of Him.

My understanding does not preclude His expression of love in salvation for any of these with the exception of the willfully and unrepentant evil.

It is also consistent with the picture of God as the potter and us as the clay. Just as a potter can take the same clay and make either a vessel used to hold the wine ( or juice ) for communion or he can use the same clay to make a chamber pot to hold night soil.

By faith I can accept that His will, including this aspect is an expression of love, even it I do not understand.
I always find it kinda strange when some people 'play God' and say well this person is hopeless because...blah blah blah. Like they just write off someone and judge them according to their prejudices. Or they say God can't do this or that. Who are we to tell God what He can and cannot do?

Besides isn't the hope of resurrection for all believers? Not just those who've reached a certain age or passed an IQ test.

Nov 21, 2016
UK
I think this post has gotten a bit off track. The original question was about blessing your enemies.

Bless them, move forward, move on. Don't let mean people rule your life. Chose to live your life through God.