Blood Moon

Question now, the last 3 words "walk in them"..... is it man's doing, or is it God's doing?

some deeds/works are the act of the HS .. like those through the gifts of the HS ..
other deeds/works (or lack of) are our own acts (by which we are judged) ..
see Jesus' words in Matthew 25 ..

Mr Luther was a cherry-picker of scripture and a false teacher who brought a different Gospel of Salvation .. his dogma of osas refutes Jesus' words and the Apostles words ..

I am not following anyone's doctrine. I don't study anyone's doctrine, only the bible. Enduring has to do with faith not works. Someone can choose to believe the gospel and then later choose not to deny God and the gospel. That is falling away. Again this is about faith, not works.

I am not following anyone's doctrine. I don't study anyone's doctrine, only the bible. Enduring has to do with faith not works. Someone can choose to believe the gospel and then later choose not to deny God and the gospel. That is falling away. Again this is about faith, not works.

are you saying we are not judged by our deeds/works ???

The works that we did in submission to God's Spirit we are rewarded for (which is so generous considering they are really God's works). The works done not from God's Spirit are covered by the blood of Jesus for believers making them free of condemnation.

how is it in Matthew 25 Jesus tells us that these who believed (and did NOT fall away) still were told "I never knew you" because of their LACK of Love for their fellow man (aka deeds/works of charity) ???

these believers received condemnation for lack of works .. so says Jesus ..

1Pe 1:17 If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth

this very clearly is saying belief WITH works is needed to gain Salvation ..

which James reiterates ..
Jas 1:22
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
Ixoye, it doesn't seem like you are reading my posts. I said if someone really believes there will be some evidence (works) done by faith from God's righteousness, not one's own righteousness. So all of your points don't in any way show a contradiction in what I am saying.

However, I have given you a scripture several times and not once have you answered it. I will give it to you again. Are you going to answer it or not since you can't fit this scripture into your doctrine so you have to ignore it.

"he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

It is not because of righteous things we have done. You ignore this verse over and over.

works in it self is merely obedience (and WHY we must do them) ..
Jesus said as I have washed your feet, so are you to wash others ..
so not DOING these works, is actually disobedience, hence sin ..
and WHY those believers in Matthew 25 received condemnation NOT salvation on Judgement Day ..

thus belief coupled with disobedience does not cut it ..

works in it self is merely obedience (and WHY we must do them) ..
Jesus said as I have washed your feet, so are you to wash others ..
so not DOING these works, is actually disobedience, hence sin ..
and WHY those believers in Matthew 25 received condemnation NOT salvation on Judgement Day ..

thus belief coupled with disobedience does not cut it ..
This says nothing about the verse I just stated. How does that have anything to do with it not being our righteousness?

Ixoye, it doesn't seem like you are reading my posts.
However, I have given you a scripture several times and not once have you answered it. I will give it to you again. Are you going to answer it or not since you can't fit this scripture into your doctrine so you have to ignore it.

"he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

It is not because of righteous things we have done. You ignore this verse over and over.

what question of mine did you answer ???
that verse is simple .. it says he saves (will save) people not because we deserve to be saved, but because of His Mercy/Grace on us ..

This says nothing about the verse I just stated. How does that have anything to do with it not being our righteousness?

I answered your question .. now do NOT say it has nothing to do with your verse ..
JUST ADDRESS MY POST PLEASE .. instead of ignoring it because it does not fit into your doctrine ..

I answered your question .. now do NOT say it has nothing to do with your verse ..
JUST ADDRESS MY POST PLEASE .. instead of ignoring it because it does not fit into your doctrine ..

how is it in Matthew 25 Jesus tells us that these who believed (and did NOT fall away) still were told "I never knew you" because of their LACK of Love for their fellow man (aka deeds/works of charity) ???

these believers received condemnation for lack of works .. so says Jesus ..

I have answered how works relate. Believers use faith (which is what God says is righteousness for the believer). Faith is the work. However, the part I want you to answer in my question is, "not because of righteous things we had done" (Titus 3:5).

How can it not be because of righteous things we had done and be as you say by righteous things we had done.

I have answered how works relate. Believers use faith (which is what God says is righteousness for the believer). Faith is the work. However, the part I want you to answer in my question is, "not because of righteous things we had done" (Titus 3:5).

How can it not be because of righteous things we had done and be as you say by righteous things we had done.

I already answered that .. our righteousness is NOT enough ..
however if we do NOT do them, then He will does not apply His righteousness to us ..

I already answered that .. our righteousness is NOT enough ..
however if we do NOT do them, then He will does not apply His righteousness to us ..

do you understand WHY Jesus' righteousness is NOT being applied to those believers in Matthew 25 ??? .. and WHY those believers received condemnation NOT salvation on Judgement Day ???

Back