Blood Moon

do you understand WHY Jesus' righteousness is NOT being applied to those believers in Matthew 25 ??? .. and WHY those believers received condemnation NOT salvation on Judgement Day ???

perhaps Mr Luther ripped that chapter out of his bible and called the Epistle of James "straw" .. because he could not readily twist the words into a doctrine that says you ARE saved and works are NOT needed as easily as he could "some of" Paul's words ..

perhaps Mr Luther ripped that chapter out of his bible and called the Epistle of James "straw" .. because he could not readily twist the words into a doctrine that says you ARE saved and works are NOT needed as easily as he could "some of" Paul's words ..

as well as Matthew 7 and the 2 verses by Jesus that say saved IF you endure ..
I noticed long ago they stick with Paul authored verses mainly ..

here is what Paul says ..

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

1Th 5:8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

Tts 1:2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago,

Tts 3:7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Eph 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Col 1:5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel

Col 1:23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

Col 1:27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1Th 1:3 constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father,

1Th 2:19 For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming?

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,

1Ti 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

1Ti 5:5 Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day.

Tts 1:2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago,

Tts 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Hbr 6:11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end,

Hbr 6:18 so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.

Hbr 3:6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

Hbr 7:19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Hbr 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;

Last edited:
I agree. It's God's doing as well...

My point now, if one person does not see the fruit of God’s doing?

One needs to examine if one is in faith, then....

2 Corinthians 13:5

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?6 And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.
Well it says to examine yourself..not others.. and the context of these scriptures should be understood that Paul is speaking of living a life approved before God, not before man. So not sure what point you trying to make?

I have ALWAYS said that .. but Jesus does NOT justify those who do not bear fruit .. faith without works is dead ..

NO ONE has salvation/justification by Jesus righteousness until Judgement Day ..

that negates God's promise .. if a person "falls away" .. then you are saying God renigs ..

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
Well He does justify and the fruit comes as a result of that justification... you seem to have it backwards?

as well as Matthew 7 and the 2 verses by Jesus that say saved IF you endure ..
I noticed long ago they stick with Paul authored verses mainly ..
Endure in faith means not to return to the law...for the law is not of faith...legalism is not of faith...religious works is not of faith.. so to endure in faith, is to endure in the righteousness of faith.

Well it says to examine yourself..not others.. and the context of these scriptures should be understood that Paul is speaking of living a life approved before God, not before man. So not sure what point you trying to make?

I agree, that's what verse 5 says.... what then verse 6 says?

my point: we use the fruit to examine ourselves, and I (personally) use the fruit to examine others...

by fruit, am referring to Galatians 5:22 -23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I agree, that's what verse 5 says.... what then verse 6 says?

my point: we use the fruit to examine ourselves, and I (personally) use the fruit to examine others...

by fruit, am referring to Galatians 5:22 -23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
So what is your point? ..the issue was what works was James speaking of..and I made the point and maintain these works are wrought in the Spirit of God... as far as your ability to judge others, all people claim to have this ability..but if one is in dead works they are in the flesh, and have no ability to discern the spiritual condition of anyone..seeing they themselves are blind.. I hope you have indeed removed the log from your own eye and have been crucified with Christ? I wonder at that, seeing you seem to want to make a boast in your ability to judge others?...that in itself appears as a work of the flesh.

So what is your point? ..the issue was what works was James speaking of..and I made the point and maintain these works are wrought in the Spirit of God... as far as your ability to judge others, all people claim to have this ability..but if one is in dead works they are in the flesh, and have no ability to discern the spiritual condition of anyone..seeing they themselves are blind.. I hope you have indeed removed the log from your own eye and have been crucified with Christ? I wonder at that, seeing you seem to want to make a boast in your ability to judge others?...that in itself appears as a work of the flesh.

Wait, you remember you mistaken me addressing Brother Paul instead of Brother Tan?

What is the big mystery about what James is saying? Its made absolutely clear to what he is speaking of as it relates to "works" of faith, according to the law of faith and not the law of works. James is saying EXACTLY what Paul says in these scriptures:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Maybe there is some confusion here? because I see no clear point...other than that which I have made.

Yes, I think because I need to organize my thoughts first, and read a bit : )

It more on my questions on Christian complacency, will post a separate thread….

may God reveal to you the EXTREME love He gave by giving His life for us .. and that He wanted us to continue in that love for one another ..

and this is a commandment, and Why it is disobedience/a sin NOT to .. and WHY those believers in Matthew 25 who had the gifts of the HS received condemnation NOT salvation .. it is SO IMPORTANT, that Jesus said it 3 times ..

Jhn 13:34 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Jhn 15:12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

Jhn 15:17 “This I command you, that you love one another.

1Jo 3:23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

note: see Jesus own words (Luke 10:25-28) on the criteria for the hope of salvation it matches 1Jo 3:23 ..

may God reveal to you the EXTREME love He gave by giving His life for us .. and that He wanted us to continue in that love for one another ..

and this is a commandment, and Why it is disobedience/a sin NOT to .. and WHY those believers in Matthew 25 who had the gifts of the HS received condemnation NOT salvation .. it is SO IMPORTANT, that Jesus said it 3 times ..

Jhn 13:34 “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Jhn 15:12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

Jhn 15:17 “This I command you, that you love one another.

1Jo 3:23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

note: see Jesus own words (Luke 10:25-28) on the criteria for the hope of salvation it matches 1Jo 3:23 ..
Ixoye I am glad you want to do God's so I will explain this one more time.

Those in Matthew 25 are not saved. They are the many who proclaim to be believers and aren't. How do we know this? Oil in the bible stands for the Holy Spirit. The virgins without oil did not have the Holy Spirit.

In the next of the three parables it says:
"Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed" (Matthew 25:24).
"But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away" (Matthew 25:29). Again from the one who has not (this person was one pretending to be a believer but really had not, that is wasn't one). Someone who believes God to be a hard man cannot possibly be saved. Those of us who are saved are so because we believe God to be so loving that he sacrificed everything for us.

Again, the last parable shows the righteous (saved) verses the cursed (unsaved). Jesus is saying in these three parables that those truly saved do have evidence of that salvation as compared to those who claim to be saved. However, who gives the oil. The virgins lamps, entry is based on the oil (that is God's righteousness).

Someone can profess to believe and have never believed, someone can believe for a moment and then not believe, someone can believe but turn away from the belief, and someone can believe and continue in that faith. Salvation is about faith.

'That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea... 3 And he told them many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, 6 but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 8 Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears, let him hear.

10 Then the disciples came and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:

“‘“You will indeed hear but never understand,
and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
15 For this people's heart has grown dull,
and with their ears they can barely hear,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. 17 For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
18 “Hear then the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away. 22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”

Salvation isn't about having faith one day and then not believing. Salvation is continuously having faith in what God has done for us by paying for our sins and continuously recognizing that we are new creations in Christ.

This is what is enduring, remaining in faith.

Yes "faith without works is dead." The works show you have faith however, they don't save you.

I will ask these questions of you one more time ..

WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING "REALLY SAVED" ???
these BELIEVED IN JESUS ..
these HAD THE HS ..
these HAD GIFTS OF THE HS ..

please explain WHY these are NOT "REALLY SAVED" then ..
awaiting your reply ..
also WHY do you think YOU are any different then them ???

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IF YOU CAN ..
if you cannot, then look to this verse ..

note: see Jesus own words (Luke 10:25-28) on the criteria for the hope of salvation .. it is NOT only belief alone, but obedience in the works of love ..

Last edited:
Those in Matthew 25 are not saved. They are the many who proclaim to be believers and aren't. How do we know this? Oil in the bible stands for the Holy Spirit. The virgins without oil did not have the Holy Spirit.

your explanation fails in both these instances ..

Mat 7:22
“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

these had the HS and DID NOT "fall away" ..
WHY did they receive condemnation and not salvation if they had the HS, gifts of the HS, and did NOT fall away ???

Hbr 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Hbr 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Hbr 6:6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

these had the HS and "fell away" ..

“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

WHY did they receive condemnation and not salvation if they had the HS, gifts of the HS, and did NOT fall away ???

Hbr 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Hbr 6:6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

BTW: oil is a reference to works of love, as ALL 10 virgins had the invite .. but only half of them DID what they should have and were prepared .. the same as those in Matthew 7 & 25 had the invite (and HS) yet "were not complete" because they lacked obedience by their lack of DOING what was expected of them ..

Mat 7:26
Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

to which Apostle James reiterates Jesus' words ..

Jas 1:22
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

Last edited:

scripture says those who received condemnation had the HS and gifts of the HS, thus refuting your explanation they were NOT really believers ..

Back