Building a Website for my Church

Welcome To CFS Andy1947
I looked through your site last night and it looks good!

As you begin to look around the forum, we ask of you as we do All New Members to please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them.
This will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ

Andy 1947: Welcome to CFS. It is great that you are building a website for your church. My ideas on such things are limited to the perspective of the consumer. When I go to a church website, these are the things I look for: Contact information, address, service hours, mission statement, map to church. Also some basic ideas about doctrinal stances, upcoming projects and courses and that sort of schedule. These are pretty basic and you've probably already thought of all of this.

Blessings.

I’m new here and looking forward to getting to know all of you. I am building a website for my church and would like to know what you think and how I can improve it. http://www.solidrock-baptist-church.com May God bless you all!

Hi Andy1947, One thing I like about our church website is you can see all three of our Sunday services (not just the sermon) online (live) every week. Also there is a place where a staff member will interact with you and a place where you can ask for prayers after the service is over. If someone is sick or has to stay home for some reason this is so wonderful. Also it serves as a place where anyone searching for church can check out the church services before attending or if they are new in town and looking for a place to worship. It is more work for the tech persons but worthwhile.

Blessings and welcome to CFS..

sandpiper >o<

Welcome To CFS Andy1947
I looked through your site last night and it looks good!

As you begin to look around the forum, we ask of you as we do All New Members to please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them.
This will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ
I went to both links. Did I break a rule?

Andy 1947: No you did not break any rules. Every new person on their first post ALWAYS gets the New Members reminder to make sure that people have read the rules. No worries my friend - all of us get this reminder the first time we post. Please be assured that you have done nothing wrong at all.

We all look forward to your posts and replies. I hope that you are getting some great ideas for your website. You might have greater luck if you start a separate thread in the General Discussion area just for that topic where more people will notice it. We have some very tech savvy people here with wonderful suggestions.

God bless you.

Andy 1947: No you did not break any rules. Every new person on their first post ALWAYS gets the New Members reminder to make sure that people have read the rules. No worries my friend - all of us get this reminder the first time we post. Please be assured that you have done nothing wrong at all.

We all look forward to your posts and replies. I hope that you are getting some great ideas for your website. You might have greater luck if you start a separate thread in the General Discussion area just for that topic where more people will notice it. We have some very tech savvy people here with wonderful suggestions.

God bless you.
Thank you. Is there a place on this forum where people are talking about was to bring more members to there church? I am looking around but as soon as I see something of interest I get sidetracked.

God bless you and thank you for building this site.

Andy1947: The two places on this site that you will likely get the most views for your queries about website ideas are : General Discussions, which is a very popular area, and also there is a section called Technology and Internet. If you post in both these areas, lots of ideas should come in for you regarding your website.

Blessings.

Egraine

Hi Andy1947, One thing I like about our church website is you can see all three of our Sunday services (not just the sermon) online (live) every week. Also there is a place where a staff member will interact with you and a place where you can ask for prayers after the service is over. If someone is sick or has to stay home for some reason this is so wonderful. Also it serves as a place where anyone searching for church can check out the church services before attending or if they are new in town and looking for a place to worship. It is more work for the tech persons but worthwhile.

Blessings and welcome to CFS..

sandpiper >o<
Thank you for those ideas. Would you post the website url so I could look at it?
God bless you

giphy.gif

to CFS Andy1947

We are glad you joined and look forward to fellowship with you.

Last edited:
Thank you. Is there a place on this forum where people are talking about was to bring more members to there church? I am looking around but as soon as I see something of interest I get sidetracked.

God bless you and thank you for building this site.

Hello Andy1947; Thank you for joining and we look forward to fellowship with you and everyone else!

Solid Rock has a nice website! Praise God for the work you have done, brother. If you cannot find a topic about inviting more people to church, please start the conversation and we'll be happy to share with you.

God bless you, brother Andy, and your family.

Thank you for those ideas. Would you post the website url so I could look at it?
God bless you
You are welcome, but I am sorry, I don't disclose my church on line as too much personal info..I would think that if you google you will find many who do have online live Sunday services. I have seen others and when I attended another church they had one also. Usually a larger congregation does that and they usually follow a pretty standard pattern. Blessings.

Andy 1947: Near the top of the page you will see a little house icon on the left side. Press it. It will bring up all the sections on this forum. As you scroll down you will see the General Discussions area and lower down as you scroll you will come across the Technology and Internet area. I do not know the URLs. Sorry. I just know how to scroll down and get to those areas.

If you continue to have technical difficulties or questions, please leave your queries with the IT staff and they will be more than helpful.

Blessings. Your sister in Christ.
Egraine

Andy1947: I also know of an offline website of a church that has a great website with sermons recorded and all that good stuff (not my church, but a good example of a website). If you google the Free Evangelical Church of Okotoks, Alberta, Canada you will be able to find it. They've done a lot of work on their website and I believe are working at a level that you are aspiring to create. This is just one example of an effective cutting edge website for a church. I would cite others, but it is the only one that I have looked at personally and can recommend as an example. They are fairly sophisticated in that they record all their Sunday services for review by those who are sick at home and for their missionaries in the field. It is a fairly comprehensive site and hopefully will give you some really good ideas. There is also contact information in case you want to talk to them regarding the building of their website - I am more than sure they will be happy to share their knowledge and ideas with you as it furthers the message of Christ in this world. I think you will find them both friendly and helpful.

Back