CA Gov signs Right to Die bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do those of you against this have to suggest when someone is dying and is in excruciating pain and misery?

the same as before...

the same old way is not being questioned...

it is the new way/concept that is put in into question... :

Here is a long equation of concepts, an "Aquinas" concept, being raised in a Catholic : )

Rights: Legal and Natural
Legal = man made
Natural = Universal, inalienable​

Natural right is related to Natural Law
Natural Law = what is good, what is evil, Man pursuit what is Good, avoid what is Evil.

That is: Moral Law

What is Moral Law: it is concerned with action, motive: what is in the heart…

What is in the heart: Motive

What motivates us that is “Good” it must coincide with “Virtue”

Cardinal Virtues = common to the Secular world = Prudence, Justice, Temperance and Courage

Christian Virtues = Faith, Hope and Charity…

Thus: is TERMINALLY ILL has RIGHT to DIE….

Man can give it = LEGAL RIGHT , but it is not necessarily a NATURAL RIGHT…

Christian virtues: Faith, HOPE, Charity…

Faith and HOPE: Will it give glory, honor to God?

Here is a long equation of concepts, an "Aquinas" concept, being raised in a Catholic : )

Rights: Legal and Natural
Legal = man made
Natural = Universal, inalienable​

Natural right is related to Natural Law
Natural Law = what is good, what is evil, Man pursuit what is Good, avoid what is Evil.

That is: Moral Law

What is Moral Law: it is concerned with action, motive: what is in the heart…

What is in the heart: Motive

What motivates us that is “Good” it must coincide with “Virtue”

Cardinal Virtues = common to the Secular world = Prudence, Justice, Temperance and Courage

Christian Virtues = Faith, Hope and Charity…

Thus: is TERMINALLY ILL has RIGHT to DIE….

Man can give it = LEGAL RIGHT , but it is not necessarily a NATURAL RIGHT…

Christian virtues: Faith, HOPE, Charity…

Faith and HOPE: Will it give glory, honor to God?
wow, interesting!

Philippians 3:7-14 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. ...

Philippians 3:7-14 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. ...
What is the message that I should take from this?

It goes to the nature of our Father, His character and His belief in us on earth to discern what's going on around us and choose right not wrong

The book of Job was not an illustration about people getting a terminal illness and suffering to death.

It was a wager between God and Satan. The wager was to test Jobs faith. God allowed Satan to murder his family and servants, and to inflict horrible things upon Job.

I don't see the parallel between this and someone's Grandmother suffering in her last days from cancer or some other horrible disease.

The book of Job was not an illustration about people getting a terminal illness and suffering to death.

It was a wager between God and Satan. The wager was to test Jobs faith. God allowed Satan to murder his family and servants, and to inflict horrible things upon Job.

I don't see the parallel between this and someone's Grandmother suffering in her last days from cancer or some other horrible disease.
i do

as to whether we have a right to kill ourselves because of unbearable pain and I've been there, Im still searching
I don't know your situation and I certainly hope you are not in any pain now.

I am not suggesting that people kill themselves every time they feel pain. I am saying that if someone is terminally ill and is going through unbearable pain, that they should have the right to end their life. It is inhumane to expect someone to be tormented in their last hours. Would you want a loved one of yours to have to go through that?

I don't know your situation and I certainly hope you are not in any pain now.

I am not suggesting that people kill themselves every time they feel pain. I am saying that if someone is terminally ill and is going through unbearable pain, that they should have the right to end their life. It is inhumane to expect someone to be tormented in their last hours. Would you want a loved one of yours to have to go through that?
I am trying to not look out on life like the world, I want to be a new creature in Christ, I want every second to be new, I don't want to think from a worldly way, but from the Kingdom of God where we really are. I care about this topic very deeply

And with that, the right to die under certain circumstances. Surely God doesn't want us to live out our last moments in agonizing pain and misery.

No, God doesn't want us in misery, but that is the lot is for many people because we live in a fallen world. You must not be blaming God for people's suffering. Put the blame squarely on where it belongs: Satan and sin.

Your perception is wrong. Praising our minds is not man focused. We must use the mind that God gave us. As Paul says 1 Cor 6:3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Man doesn't do anything miraculous, sir. Your language was indeed man-focused over God-focused.

Ditto what Asuk said in post #16.

It is always God's decision. In His omniscience He knows what to expect from working brains.

I think you need to put yourself in the shoes of someone who has a loved one suffering in excruciating pain. A guy suffering on a medievil battlefield will see the guy who kills him before the vultures as a God send.

Lauding the created over the Creator is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back