Can a Christian or a man that recently accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour be possessed by demons/impure spirits? And any experience ...

The title pretty much says what I want to ask. Some people say that if you are have recently came to Jesus Christ that there might be some possession ongoing. What if you haven’t had water baptism done, does it make you more susceptible? Do you have to be baptised in water?

Has anyone on this forum ever had and experience where someone has had demons cast out of him?

Thanks

I am editing to ad the following question: Has anyone witnessed healing by laying of hands?

Thanks

Last edited:
The title pretty much says what I want to ask. Some people say that if you are have recently came to Jesus Christ that there might be some possession ongoing. What if you haven’t had water baptism done, does it make you more susceptible? Do you have to be baptised in water?

Has anyone on this forum ever had and experience where someone has had demons cast out of him?

Thanks

I am editing to ad the following question: Has anyone witnessed healing by laying of hands?

Thanks

A scriptural example is king Saul. Evil spirits were a big problem in his life and yet Samuel told Saul that this day he would be with him.
There is a cleaning of house for many Christians when they first accept Christ, and it may or may not happen all at once. The main thing is to have a heart for Jesus Christ and He will look after every thing else, how He does it is His business.
As for baptism, immersion in the 'name' of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost which is the Lord Jesus Christ is done in obedience and the answering of a clear conscience.
Of course there is differences in understanding of baptism - but let me ask you 'how are you saved' I expect you would say by the attonment of God's lamb - so then if you are identified with that sacrifice then you baptize accordingly.
I am a father and a son but that is not my name...

Thanks

Thanks

You have asked several questions.
#1. Demon possession.

No. All the related biblical truths I know of make it abundantly clear that Christians cannot be demon possessed. There is a distinct difference between being possessed by a demon and being oppressed or influenced by a demon. When A person accepts Christ the Holy Spirit comes to live in his heart and that action makes it impossible doe a person to be demon possessed.

#2. Water Baptism.

Water baptism is an act of obedience and NOT a part of the salvation experience. We follow in believers baptism in order to show those who know us that we have had a change on the inside. Water baptism does not save anyone and never has and never will. Salvation is faith in the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ plus NOTHING!

#3. Casting out of demons.

Now this is just MY response. I personally think that way too much emphasis has been placed on demon possession as a result of movies from Hollywood.
I have been in the Christian ministry for 50 years and I have never seen anything that can be said was a demon possession.

I have seen mentally ill people. I have seen children acting terribly. I have seen witch doctors in Africa doing some crazy stuff that was scary but and demons were definitely involved but not demon possession .....no.

Much of the reasoning behind the demonization concept is the personal experience of seeing someone who was “definitely” a Christian exhibiting evidence of being controlled by a demon. It is crucially important, though, that we do not allow personal experience to influence our interpretation of Scripture. Rather, we must filter our personal experiences through the truth of Scripture.

Seeing someone whom we thought to be a Christian exhibiting the behavior of being demonized should cause us to question the genuineness of his/her faith. It should not cause us alter our viewpoint on whether a Christian can be demon possessed / demonized. Perhaps the person truly is a Christian but is severely suffering from severe psychological problems. But again, our experiences must meet the test of Scripture, not the other way around.

#4. Healing.

The laying on of hands, as seen in the Bible and used in Christian communities, is a symbolic gesture that signifies an ordination, or a setting apart or Agreeing with someone on a certain situation or action.

In Leviticus, the book of instructions for worship, we can see the practice of laying on of hands in the ritual offerings for sin: Lev. 1:1-4...........
"The Lord called Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock. “If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish. He shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the Lord. He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him."

The members of the church touching the sick person doesn’t guarantee a miracle, but it’s a symbolic gesture of faith in the Lord to bring healing. On a more practical level, the simple act of touching brings encouragement and assurance, and is a blessing to the person being prayed over.

I hope I have helped you.

Thanks

Thanks
I am a prime example of someone who accepts Christ and leaves according to his word, and is demon possessed. The first time i manifested with demons, i felt extremely faint. It took 5 people to cast it out. They were my family members and i was only 12/13 years old. I fainted when it was cast out, i could not move for 3 whole minutes. It was horrible. The second time, I manifested during the seeking of the Holy Spirit, and at the end of the service, the pastor could not cast the demon out. I casted it out, but it took a little over half an hour. I love Christ, and i believe God allows his people to be demon possessed, to keep grace on the person. Remember Paul when he begged Christ 3 times to cast the "annoying" demon away, Christ said my grace is sufficient for you, and that His power works best in weak people. Whats weird is Paul recieved the Holy Spirit days after his encounter on the road to Damascus.

I am a prime example of someone who accepts Christ and leaves according to his word, and is demon possessed. The first time i manifested with demons, i felt extremely faint. It took 5 people to cast it out. They were my family members and i was only 12/13 years old. I fainted when it was cast out, i could not move for 3 whole minutes. It was horrible. The second time, I manifested during the seeking of the Holy Spirit, and at the end of the service, the pastor could not cast the demon out. I casted it out, but it took a little over half an hour. I love Christ, and i believe God allows his people to be demon possessed, to keep grace on the person. Remember Paul when he begged Christ 3 times to cast the "annoying" demon away, Christ said my grace is sufficient for you, and that His power works best in weak people. Whats weird is Paul recieved the Holy Spirit days after his encounter on the road to Damascus.

Please go back and read post #3.

I was told on my day of Baptism that when you live for God, the devil will do all he can to keep you at bay and keep you in fear....demons etc

So I believe that we are suspectible in our early walk

Staff Memo: We would like to remind members that there are certain posting standards that are required at CFS, as contained in the Rules.

Please review Rules 2.1 and 3.0 - The Terms and Rules can be found here:

Terms and Rules

This thread may continue, but please use common sense and restraint regarding the topics of Demons and Possessions.

I was told on my day of Baptism that when you live for God, the devil will do all he can to keep you at bay and keep you in fear....demons etc

The born again person can be "Opressed" by Satan but he can not be "Possessed" by Satan.

Demon/Satanic oppression or influence involves a demon or demons attacking a person spiritually and/or encouraging him/her into sinful behavior.

A demon can not inhabit the body of a believer who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Oppressed (attacked from outside) not possessed.

If you have the Holy spirit indwelling then no other spirits can reside there. You need to be sealed though. Water baptism is act of obedience and can and does for many Christians mark their new born again spiritual life.

When Paul had the thorn in his side he was buffeted by Satan, but the demons couldn't get INSIDE of him.

I'd say if one is possessed they need demons cast out and to be filled with the Holy spirit, not in some cases have demons cast out, remain empty, and have seven more demons come in.

Hollywood isn't a reliable source of info for what demon possession is. Judas was demon possessed when Satan entered him and he betrayed Jesus. It didn't suddenly turn him into a frenzied monster who was babbling away, he looked outwardly rational, but was weakened and tempted and fell into accepting a bribe. And that is like that with a lot of psychopaths/sociopaths today...they look totally respectable, but commit heinous crimes or fraud without anyone even suspecting.

Actually, you can be "oppressed" at any stage of your Christian life. You will be tempted daily to sin and we all must stand in the power of the Holy Spirit to be able to fight off the tricks of the enemy.

Thanks

Thanks
No true Christian can be demonized, as ther HNoly Spirit indwelling them greater then Satan, but still be affected externally and mentally if they do not stand firm in armor of God...

Actually, you can be "oppressed" at any stage of your Christian life. You will be tempted daily to sin and we all must stand in the power of the Holy Spirit to be able to fight off the tricks of the enemy.
I have asked those who hold to a Christian becoming possessed to give me just one scripture to show that example, so far zilch!

There can be no Scripture given brother as there are none!
And yet many have a so called "deliverance ministry" based upon that being the truth!

Hello brothers;

There is none. We must be cautious of pessimistic doctrine and discern that a disciplined disciple of Christ is not "possessed by the devil" but "confident in the Spiritual battle."

Ephesians 6:10-11, 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

The evil one is threatened by Christianity and will do everything to thwart God's plan and undermine His love and guidance by replacing it with suffering with no end result. This is weak.

God has given us His communion with Him through daily prayer, His gift is His Word - the Bible - He empowers us with the Armor of God. This is strength.

Merry Christmas, brothers and sisters!

Hello brothers;

There is none. We must be cautious of pessimistic doctrine and discern that a disciplined disciple of Christ is not "possessed by the devil" but "confident in the Spiritual battle."

Ephesians 6:10-11, 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

The evil one is threatened by Christianity and will do everything to thwart God's plan and undermine His love and guidance by replacing it with suffering with no end result. This is weak.

God has given us His communion with Him through daily prayer, His gift is His Word - the Bible - He empowers us with the Armor of God. This is strength.

Merry Christmas, brothers and sisters!

Excellent response brother!

Which should beg the question ........"Is that a real Christian ministry or one cloaked in wolves clothing"???

There is a world of difference between "Opressed" and Possesed.

Amen, Major! I agree with you on the second one. Its a Spiritual Battle.

paul was being harassed by demonic forces, as in false teachers all of the time, but he never had to cast on out of himself!

So true, YeshuaFan, thank you for pointing Paul's battles.

You know, from witnessing Christians that are growing in their prayer life, reading the Word and learning how to discern God's purpose for them, I have heard them express that they are so tired of the false teaching of devil possession and conjured up ministries to confront them.

Our brother Peki posted this thread to stimulate discussion, all for good, and keeping an open heart by what others posted is also good. It blesses me to personally learn more of your views according to the Scriptures, and how we are one in Christ's Body as well as serving in the same Army of God.

1 Timothy 6:3-5, 3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

Merry Christmas, brothers and sisters.

The way I see it is this.;
If you was fully possessed by a demon, how would you know?
Anyway, there’s a lot of good posts on this subject, and it’s prompted me to respond with my experience.
I am harassed from time to time by the devil and his minions but not half as much nowadays, but I see Acceptance of Christ as a process. ( I often get derailed😞)
Befor, when I Was tempted I never spotted it until when it was too late, I suppose I never quite put on all the armour.
So yeh, I agree that’s there’s no such thing as a possessed Christian. Just a half dressed one,

Last edited:
Back