Can One Disciple Themselves?

Can I ask how you came to know Jesus, do you have a hunger to know Him and do you really believe in what he did for you? Do you believe he's in heaven interceding for you?

maybe there is something you are holding back. I had to confess it all before I got close to God. My big thing was pride. and unbelief. I had to repent of these before God granted me grace. Once I really believed in what Jesus did and was not to proud to admit I was a sinner and couldn't do anything to help myself, THEN He stepped in. He's outside of you now, He's always there, but to let him in your life you have to ask Him directly. Good thing to do, get on your knees. Don't be ashamed, you can do it in your own prayer closet, doesn't have to be in church in front of everyone.
say you don't want your life anymore and ask for His.

IDK it's not a prayer like pray after me..you can just be honest to God yourself.
When you done this and heard from God and YOU WILL, come back here and tell us about it.

Some times in life God will pull us aside for a season and focus out attention in a paticular area or ministry. He did this to me several times and it turned my life around.
There were others where I was not going to church but was getting fed big time with some material God blessed me with. If this is not the same type of thing you are talking about then i apologise for disagreeing.......
Blessings
Jim

Every night i pray that God will intervene on your behalf. Expect for it to happen. He will make Himself so very real to you. You have a heart and a mind for the Word. Circumstances are just overwhelming you right now. If you didn't, you would have given up a long time ago.

It could very well just be this. However, when I said that I do not hear from him when I pray and it's a one sided conversation, I mean it. I do not hear a single thing back.

Exciting! Spirit-filled Christians, just like in Acts and the epistles, have access to miracles and healings. Yes, we do lay hands on the sick and pray fervently for them to be fully healed and made whole. Yes, we fast and pray for more challenging needs. Spirit-filled Christians have many, many testimonies to healings and miracles.

Maybe that's the problem. I don't want any of those things. I just want to be me. I do not want miracles to follow me. I just want to be who I am and nothing special.

I want to live my life, be a good husband, father, son and when
I die go to heaven and be with those that
I lost and will lose.

I want a simple life.

Last edited:
It could very well just be this. However, when I said that I do not hear from him when I pray and it's a one sided conversation, I mean it. I do not hear a single thing back.

I know this place. And just as the footprints poem says....it was then that He carried you. Just a lot of things drowning Him out. Be at much peace my friend! Pray about contacting fishcatcherjim. He has the time to be of help....even if you just need to shoot the breeze :)

Maybe that's the problem. I don't want any of those things. I just want to be me. I do not want miracles to follow me. I just want to be who I am and nothing special.

Being a godly father and husband is a wonderful gift! And what i can see that you are doing, and is your place for now. So be the best godly husband and father you can be.

Being a godly father and husband is a wonderful gift! And what i can see that you are doing, and is your place for now. So be the best godly husband and father you can be.

Thank you. As you were typing the above out I was adding to that post just what you said above about being a good husband father and son. That is all that I truly want out of this life and nothing more.

I want to live my life, be a good husband, father, son and when
I die go to heaven and be with those that
I lost and will lose.

I want a simple life.

Well there you go....Problem solved....He has given you just what you say here.

Thank you. As you were typing the above out I was adding to that post just what you said above about being a good husband father and son. That is all that I truly want out of this life and nothing more.

So be at peace, knowing that you are right where God wants you to be, and now you know where to focus your prayers. As you seek God for His help in the desire He has placed in you, it opens the door for God to lead and guide you. Maybe not always in an audible voice, but in strength like the eagles. Is 40:31. And praying for wisdom according to james 1 on the best way to take care of your God given family.

Well there you go....Problem solved....He has given you just what you say here.
So be at peace, knowing that you are right where God wants you to be, and now you know where to focus your prayers. As you seek God for His help in the desire He has placed in you, it opens the door for God to lead and guide you. Maybe not always in an audible voice, but in strength like the eagles. Is 40:31. And praying for wisdom according to james 1 on the best way to take care of your God given family.

Thank you both.

I never hear anything back. It's a one way conversation at all times for me.

Actually, God is always speaking. The one thing that brings His presence is worship. Spend time worshiping God and only worship, from your heart, and He will make His presence known to you.

Jumping in:
While it does seem a lot of times prayer is a one-sided conversation, it’s because we’re not on the same wavelength as Him. He wants hard firm commitment. Your soul is saved, now He wants your day-to-day salvation. Most people are content to be ankle deep in His presence, but He’s looking for deep divers. The word of God is living but if you read it like a dime-store novel, you won’t get more out of it than that. You must meditate in the word of God. It’s not quantity, but quality of your reading. The same goes for your praying. You may need to pray for 40 mins to get past your flesh to get in touch with God. Again, most people are not willing to invest the timing – as you see from the lack of supporters for your mentorship. Until you’re into the grove with the Lord, you need to stick to His word. Read one chapter, the same chapter, every day for a month, until you have it memorized and then while you’re at work, on the bus, driving, walking, whatever down time you have, meditate on each and every word. You’ll see what a difference it’ll make. He wants a relationship where you are sensitive to His desires and then obedience to them.

Read Psalms over and over many times. Psalms are songs and prayers, and calling out to God - where are you when I need you?
Just so much personal one to one content. Immerse yourself with Psalms = great therapy for the soul.

Hmm.
Didnt answer my question.
So..you want to do all these things like being a good husband and son without knowing Jesus? You dont REALLY want to let him in your life? You are afraid.
Or is he already there and you just not listening? Be still and know he is God.
I had to give up being me and say Jesus change me. Then he gave me his spirit so I was still me but also abiding in him as well.
God gives us different gifts according to His will and no you dont need to do all the freaky stuff you think you have to do as a christian. Dont worry what other people doing, concentrate on your own walk and He will lead you step by step.

We cannot enter heaven without going through JESUS first. Sorry, no Jesus, no heaven, its that simple. We cannot fully know God as our Father and have a real relationship with him if we dont know his son.

Hmm.
Didnt answer my question.
So..you want to do all these things like being a good husband and son without knowing Jesus? You dont REALLY want to let him in your life? You are afraid.
Or is he already there and you just not listening? Be still and know he is God.
I had to give up being me and say Jesus change me. Then he gave me his spirit so I was still me but also abiding in him as well.
God gives us different gifts according to His will and no you dont need to do all the freaky stuff you think you have to do as a christian. Dont worry what other people doing, concentrate on your own walk and He will lead you step by step.

We cannot enter heaven without going through JESUS first. Sorry, no Jesus, no heaven, its that simple. We cannot fully know God as our Father and have a real relationship with him if we dont know his son.

I think you're reading to far into what I have said.

I never said that I didn't want to know Jesus. I said I want to be a good husband, father and son. I know that without Jesus, that is not possible.

What I said that I didn't want was miracles following me. I want a simple life, to be a good husband father and son. I do not want to be someone special, just me.

Well ok but you are special anyway!!
Yea I do freaky stuff but its normal for me..now. like love others. Thats the miracle.

Well. Thats fine if you dont want miracles, but then you have no right to complain if God doesnt give you any then.

Back