Can You Helpme With This?

I dream a saint and she is OUR LADY OF PEACE AND GOOD VOYAGE. At first i didnt know her, when time comes that my classmates and I went to a famous church here in the Philippines. I just say when I saw her. OMG! What are you doing in here? The saint that I dream and argue with is the same as what I've seen in the church. She gave me a very huge and she says try to understand what is writing on the book, and I says, How can I understand in that book? The letter and the symbols I didn't understand, and I am still insisting that I don't understand she just says. Just try to understand. 1 to years some one will die in that book. And I wake up after that dream.

Just from where I'm sitting, and from what you wrote, my best input would be to pray and ask God for answers and wisdom. He, God, answers genuine prayer from your heart. Also, you might ask Him to give you peace to your spirit. And with anything that people tell you, myself included, be skeptical, ask God to give you understanding as to what is truth, what is imagination, what is/are lies, and in His perfect timing, I believe He will give you enlightenment.

Like Dumpster I would pray for God's wisdom on this. Not everything we dream of or everything that comes to us in a dream is of God. There are sources of evil that come to us as "angels of light." Our mind is also a very powerful thing and we can make things up that have nothing to do with God but we believe they are. The Holy Spirit will spread light on it for you. Also I would refer you to 1 John 4:1-3. It says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God."

Yes, pray for God’s wisdom on this….

Just a thought, dying can mean a rebirth to a new being….

John 12:24
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

Spanish tradition are creative in giving title to saints.., it was when i realize what it means to be a Christian that i realize "Christ the Redeemer" was indeed a very insigthful name...

Last edited:
Can you help me to resolve my paranormal problem. When I was a child I seen that others didn't seen. There is a time, last year, 1month. I am just being awake without any reason. Midnight, 12am-3am. And after 3am, i began again to fell sleepy. I am afraid and depressed. I ask my psychology instructor to what is happening to me every night, my teacher said, that is the time of evil spirit praying, and I am really afraid to what I heard from her. She is a christian, she said that she will pray for me, and every 6pm I pray angelus and ask guidance to God that if really have a gift from him, I don't want it. About to what I dream, (OUR LADY OF PEACE AND GOOD VOGAYE) I pray and ask God what that means. Until now my questions didn't asnwer yet. I am VERY confused. I am a catholic, but still. I don't know what is right. I join orthodox, but now I refuse to them. Please enlighten me. So that I can share the word of God to others. Thank you everyone. Godbless.

Thank you for this wonderful verse Sandy. I am sorry I don't get it. How can I test the spirit? I am just a normal being? What will happen? Maybe if they get mad on me they will revenge on me? Please help me.
Just from where I'm sitting, and from what you wrote, my best input would be to pray and ask God for answers and wisdom. He, God, answers genuine prayer from your heart. Also, you might ask Him to give you peace to your spirit. And with anything that people tell you, myself included, be skeptical, ask God to give you understanding as to what is truth, what is imagination, what is/are lies, and in His perfect timing, I believe He will give you enlightenment.

Thank you soo much...

Like Dumpster I would pray for God's wisdom on this. Not everything we dream of or everything that comes to us in a dream is of God. There are sources of evil that come to us as "angels of light." Our mind is also a very powerful thing and we can make things up that have nothing to do with God but we believe they are. The Holy Spirit will spread light on it for you. Also I would refer you to 1 John 4:1-3. It says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God."

How can I test that spirit? I am afraid. I am just normal people and still confused to what is happening to me. I can't share it to anyone. That's why I join here.

Yes, pray for God’s wisdom on this….

Just a thought, dying can mean a rebirth to a new being….

John 12:24
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

Spanish tradition are creative in giving title to saints.., it was when i realize what it means to be a Christian that i realize "Christ the Redeemer" was indeed a very insigthful name...

Thank you to this wonderful verse. But I am still confused right now. What is happening to me. I need enlightenment.

Hello Aireen.
From what you are saying, you are being oppressed by an unclean spirit. This that you are experiencing is not from the Lord.
You say you are a catholic. You say that your psychology instructor is a Christian. So it would seem that back of your mind you understand there can be a difference. That is not to say that a Catholic can not be a Christian, but it is not automatic. So I ask you in all seriousness have you personally accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour? You need to claim for yourself His gift of forgiveness of your sins and seek His protection and guidance daily.Once you have unconditionally accepted His free gift of salvation, (and perhaps you have already) Then and only then can you claim the authority of His name to rebuke once and for all any unclean spirit that is oppressing you.

Any vision that will come your way from the Lord will be a vision that will be glorifying the Lord and will give or bring you peace even if part of the message contains some tragic things. Overall the Lord's message will bring you peace and glory to the Lord.
You asked how to test spirits? Any spirit that confesses Jesus is Lord is from God any spirit that will not confess Jesus is Lord is not from God. Now understand that confessing that Jesus is Lord is not just a matter of saying it. The confession will be backed up by actions or other evidences of a submission to Jesus' Lordship.

I believe the very fact that a person is being oppressed by an unclean spirit rather than possessed by it indicates that that person might be in danger, but is being protected for a time by a guardian spirit to give them time to get right with the Lord.
I don't have my Bible handy at the moment, but if you need scriptural support for anything I have posted let us know and either I or someone else can supply them.

Hello Aireen.
From what you are saying, you are being oppressed by an unclean spirit. This that you are experiencing is not from the Lord.
You say you are a catholic. You say that your psychology instructor is a Christian. So it would seem that back of your mind you understand there can be a difference. That is not to say that a Catholic can not be a Christian, but it is not automatic. So I ask you in all seriousness have you personally accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour? You need to claim for yourself His gift of forgiveness of your sins and seek His protection and guidance daily.Once you have unconditionally accepted His free gift of salvation, (and perhaps you have already) Then and only then can you claim the authority of His name to rebuke once and for all any unclean spirit that is oppressing you.

Any vision that will come your way from the Lord will be a vision that will be glorifying the Lord and will give or bring you peace even if part of the message contains some tragic things. Overall the Lord's message will bring you peace and glory to the Lord.
You asked how to test spirits? Any spirit that confesses Jesus is Lord is from God any spirit that will not confess Jesus is Lord is not from God. Now understand that confessing that Jesus is Lord is not just a matter of saying it. The confession will be backed up by actions or other evidences of a submission to Jesus' Lordship.

I believe the very fact that a person is being oppressed by an unclean spirit rather than possessed by it indicates that that person might be in danger, but is being protected for a time by a guardian spirit to give them time to get right with the Lord.
I don't have my Bible handy at the moment, but if you need scriptural support for anything I have posted let us know and either I or someone else can supply them.

Hello Calvin, I REALLY NEED SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT. I seen this spirits when I was six years old until now.(different spirits). I feel them, sometimes I see them. But it just happen sometimes, when I am praying every 6pm.(angelus) I feel that God is with me. I don't want this kind of gift. What that spirits want to me? To pray for them? But I am afraid to them. I just want to live simply with my family. I heart is crying right now.

Here is what I found about Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage-

Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage (Spanish: Nuestra Señora de la Paz y Buen Viaje), also known as the Virgin of Antipolo (Filipino: Birhen ng Antipolo), is a 17th-century Roman Catholic brown wooden statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary venerated by Roman Catholics in the Philippines. The statue depicting the Immaculate Conception of Mary, is enshrined at the Antipolo Cathedral in the city of Antipolo in Rizal province.[1]
The image was originally brought to the country by Governor Juan Niño de Tabora from Mexico via the galleon El Almirante. His safe voyage across the Pacific Ocean was attributed to the image and was given the title of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. It was substantiated later by six other successful voyages of the Manila-Acapulco Galleons with the image aboard as its patroness.[1][2] During the 1630s, its several mysterious disappearance from its church in construction and later reappearance on top of a tipolo (breadfruit) tree (artocarpus incisa) led to the relocation of that church to its current location, where the tipolo tree was situated. The pedestal where the image is now enshrined has been traditionally made from the trunk of the tipolo tree.[3] The town of Antipolo itself was named after the tree for its abundance in the area.[4]
The statue is one of the most celebrated images of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Philippines, gaining devotees since the mid-19th century.[4] From May to July each year, the town of Antipolo attracts millions of devotees from all over country and abroad.

This was copied from Wikipedia ^ at this url below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Peace_and_Good_Voyage

I myself am not Catholic, I'm a Sabbatarian, which is a Christian that honors the Sabbath day. I also don't believe in making images like Catholics do. That's just me and people are different. If we all were the same, the world would be a very boring place. If you're Catholic, I would recommend talking with a reliable Catholic source.

Aireen, you need to discuss this with your parish priest. As others have mentioned, don't just take any spirit's word for who or what they claim to be. "Test the spirits", ask them plainly if they serve "the Lord Jesus Christ". If you get ambivalent or no answer (or a negative answer) then they do not. Pray about this.

Calvin, keep the cheap shots to yourself, ALL CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS.
Until Luther's rebellion all Christians were either Roman Catholic, Coptic, Thomasine, or Eastern Orthodox.

Sorry if I held off from responding -- I had a bit of a tough time understanding the concerns.

Just so I have it right, you believe Our Lady may have appeared to you in a very vivid and lifelike dream. You are concerned that perhaps it wasn't the blessed mother, but perhaps something harmful.

Like everyone was saying -- absolutely pray. Pray constantly. Ask for the Lord's comfort--he won't deny you. But also, like Glomung said, whenever this happens, test the spirit(s) -- find out which side they are on. Also, speak with your parish priest. Tell him your experience.

Lastly--this is just simple advice--but as Catholics, we are blessed to regard sacramentals as something beneficial to our faith. We believe in the relationship between spiritual and physical, and many times we are drawn closer to Him through certain things--whether that be through rosaries, genuflecting, etc. I keep a rosary with me in my pocket everywhere I go as sometimes I may forget to ask for help or to be thankful. This isn't to say I couldn't pray without it, but it has served as a powerful weapon against Satan and helped me focus on God and His love.

Do not worry. Pray to God for help, speak with your priest about your experience, and don't forget to thank God for looking out for you.

Aireen, you need to discuss this with your parish priest. As others have mentioned, don't just take any spirit's word for who or what they claim to be. "Test the spirits", ask them plainly if they serve "the Lord Jesus Christ". If you get ambivalent or no answer (or a negative answer) then they do not. Pray about this.

Calvin, keep the cheap shots to yourself, ALL CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS.
Until Luther's rebellion all Christians were either Roman Catholic, Coptic, Thomasine, or Eastern Orthodox.

Glomung, there was no "cheap Shot" intended. Indeed there was no "cheap shot''period.
Indeed 'All Catholics are Christians' however I do not believe 'all Roman Catholics are Christians' there is a difference.

I have known many sincere and genuine Christians who were also Roman Catholics. I have known some Roman Catholic adherents who I could not identify as being the Lord's servants. As you say, test the spirits.....the spirit of man being spiritual must also be subject to spiritual discernment.
But why turn this thread into a mud slinging match. We are all wanting to help Aireen and I doubt that anybody wanting to push their own barrow is going to do that.

In all honesty, I don't think Calvin meant anything facetious or elitist in his statement. I think he was trying to be helpful. However, Calvin, the wording could be easily confused for something facetious or elitist. Though I suspect no harm was done.

In all honesty, I don't think Calvin meant anything facetious or elitist in his statement. I think he was trying to be helpful. However, Calvin, the wording could be easily confused for something facetious or elitist. Though I suspect no harm was done.
You are correct. Nothing harmful nor derogatory was meant....thankyou.

Hello Aireen.

OK Airleen, I mentioned rebuking the unclean spirit in the name and authority of Jesus. Some Scripture (quoted from the ESV)

Luke 10:1-20. 1After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. 2 And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
Woe to Unrepentant Cities
13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more bearable in the judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down to Hades.
16 “The one who hears you hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects him who sent me.”
The Return of the Seventy-Two
17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!” 18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. 20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
emphasis added
You should study this using your favorite Bible version and pray to Jesus about it. As a disciples of Jesus, He has given us authority over unclean spirits. But understand that it is not our authority, but His authority that He has given us to use..sort of as His deputies.
I also posted: "Any vision that will come your way from the Lord will be a vision that will be glorifying the Lord and will give or bring you peace even if part of the message contains some tragic things. "
Please study the following:
Acts 9:10-19. Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. 14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened. from the ESV.
So, the vision that Ananias was given held some fear for him because of Saul's reputation as an enemy. But in the long run, the whole episode was about glorifying Jesus amongst the Gentiles and the Israelites too.
Also, 1 Corinthians 14:33 " For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." from the King James version.
So, I believe that no bad visions and troubling dreams will come from the Lord our God. And if they are coming to us, they are the the work of unclean spirits that can not and will not glorify the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are there guardian spirits? I believe there are. The Bible does not dwell much on them because many people can be seduced into worshiping them instead of worshiping God. However,you can study this from Jesus:
Matthew 18:10. “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. from the ESV. This passage is the introduction to the parable of the lost sheep. The lost sheep are those who rightly belong to the Shepherd, but are not as yet included in the flock... that is to say, they need to be brought back into the safety of the flock. So yes, there are angels set to watch over us, but we must never worship them.
see also Rev 19:10. Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
John went to worship the angel, but was forbidden to do so. Contrast this with the attitude of the uncleanness of Satan:
Matthew 4:8-11 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,
“‘You shall worship the Lord your God
and him only shall you serve.’”
11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.
Please note the last part where Satan leaves Jesus alone and compare that with :1 Peter 5:6-9. 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
and lastly, please study James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
These are faithful promises that the servant of the Lord have been given.
A summary of the scriptures I have used:
Luke 9:1-20
Acts 9:10-19
1 Corinthians 14:33
Matthew 18:10
Revelation 19:10
Matthew 4:8-11
1 Peter 5:6-9
James 4:7

Last edited:
Indeed 'All Catholics are Christians' however I do not believe 'all Roman Catholics are Christians' there is a difference.
Could you enlighten me on the difference?

I could say the same thing. I have seen no end of Protestants that are not "Christian" in beliefs or behavior.

Could you enlighten me on the difference?

I could say the same thing. I have seen no end of Protestants that are not "Christian" in beliefs or behavior.

I'm curious of this too. What's a Catholic in contrast to a Roman Catholic? Wasn't the term "Roman" Catholic coined by the Anglican Church as a means of being insulting?

I'm curious of this too. What's a Catholic in contrast to a Roman Catholic? Wasn't the term "Roman" Catholic coined by the Anglican Church as a means of being insulting?

Well, my understanding is that "catholic' refers to orthodoxy and was meant to embrace every believer in Christ Jesus,ie. the Church universal, hence the term 'catholic faith'.
As for when the Anglican Church 'coined the term 'Roman Catholic', that was before my time. I can not comment on the heart attitude of those who sought to differentiate between Roman Catholicism and their own brand. BTW was it the Anglican church or the Lutheran Church or was it the Zwinglian Church that called for a differentiation? And I might say that I agree with Glomung that there are plenty of 'bumps' on the pews in all Churches. But that is not the issue here in this thread or at least it ought not be, and it is not going to further Airleen's bid for freedom from oppression.......can we all focus on that???
The Nicene creed which predates the reformation:
International Consultation on English Texts translation
as printed in:
The Lutheran Book of Worship
The Book of Common Prayer
(Episcopal)
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
taken from http://www.creeds.net/ancient/nicene.htm
Of course in those days there was probably no need or temptation to differentiate between different churches to the degree that began to appear with the reformation started by Huldrych Zwingli. This whole thing is a big subject and IMO has no place here in this thread.
See also http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/catholic
Ok, so let's not get too far off the track here.
I'm not into Roman Catholic Bashing and that should be the end it it.

Last edited:
Back