Can You List Modern Day Miracles? :)

Also..it seems, well to it seems, the most basic healing is physical...

I've rarely heard of anyone with bipolar, schizophrenia, antisocial serial killers , healed and made fully whole.

But if you have stories or personal stories, it'd be nice to hear :)

I can't find any actual evidence of physical healing. I am not saying that it doesn't happen as there are many that say they have seen them. However there is nothing on film or that can be duplicated in a lab that qualifies as a miracle. I have searched for it and came up empty. I was told by someone close that we are simply living in a time that it doesn't happen anymore. Whether that's true or not is something that I can't confirm or deny.

Also..it seems, well to it seems, the most basic healing is physical...

I've rarely heard of anyone with bipolar, schizophrenia, antisocial serial killers , healed and made fully whole.

But if you have stories or personal stories, it'd be nice to hear :)
I know people don't want to hear the lack of healing / miracles explained, they / we all just want to see a freaking miracle....but as Christians...there is an absolute truth behind the 'lack' of miracles that we really can't ignore.

Namely, we walk in His full provision! Think about it. The fact that we have not got the ebola virus ...when there is a devil and many of his followers out there who want us to have it....is a miracle. Does a kid need to ask a good and responsible parent for a bandage? for food? for a roof? for a painkiller? Doesn't a parent just do it?

Hence...if any Christian is sick or needs healing....it can only be a case of living in unrepentant sin 1 Cor 11:30 or God's will. If we tick off the first, then we need to just endure whatever we going through.

I think of my good Christian friend who was in a car accident at the age of 13. It put him in a comma for 6 weeks. He came out with damage to his face and a bit brain damaged. He can't get a girlfriend or a good job. But yet he goes to church 3 times a week for services. Mows the lawn there every Saturday morning. Helps out at the homeless shelter every Saturday evening. Walks out of movies with nudity in them. Preaches to his family, friends and strangers much more often then me. When he slept at my house I noticed how he even kneels at his bedside every night when saying prayers. What the hell?????? How can someone love God so much after no healing, blessing or miracles??? How special do you think God feels knowing what my friend has been through and yet seeing him still being so faithful? I think there is much we can learn from Paul in Rom 5:3-5 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 andhope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

The other reality is that since we walk in God's full provision, daily.... miracles should ideally take place more among the unsaved when we pray for them. God does not hear their prayers John 9:31. Think about it. An orphan comes into your house needing food, a wash, help with injuries etc. When he gets that....and goes back to his friends they will all be amazed.

There are plenty of stories of miracles you can read about. There is one that I saw where a guy had a tumor on the outside of his chest. The denomination he was in didn't believe in medicine so he just waited for God to heal him. Well after awhile this tumor got huge and he finally started to realize he wasn't walking in true faith with the Lord and he didn't actually believe he could be healed. After he changed his attitude toward healing the guy was fully healed (overtime) without any doctors or medicine. There is a brief video of his story and pictures of the tumor from the start and how large it got. It is a great healing story.

I know people don't want to hear the lack of healing / miracles explained, they / we all just want to see a freaking miracle....but as Christians...there is an absolute truth behind the 'lack' of miracles that we really can't ignore.

Namely, we walk in His full provision! Think about it. The fact that we have not got the ebola virus ...when there is a devil and many of his followers out there who want us to have it....is a miracle. Does a kid need to ask a good and responsible parent for a bandage? for food? for a roof? for a painkiller? Doesn't a parent just do it?

Hence...if any Christian is sick or needs healing....it can only be a case of living in unrepentant sin 1 Cor 11:30 or God's will. If we tick off the first, then we need to just endure whatever we going through.

I think of my good Christian friend who was in a car accident at the age of 13. It put him in a comma for 6 weeks. He came out with damage to his face and a bit brain damaged. He can't get a girlfriend or a good job. But yet he goes to church 3 times a week for services. Mows the lawn there every Saturday morning. Helps out at the homeless shelter every Saturday evening. Walks out of movies with nudity in them. Preaches to his family, friends and strangers much more often then me. When he slept at my house I noticed how he even kneels at his bedside every night when saying prayers. What the hell?????? How can someone love God so much after no healing, blessing or miracles??? How special do you think God feels knowing what my friend has been through and yet seeing him still being so faithful? I think there is much we can learn from Paul in Rom 5:3-5 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 andhope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

The other reality is that since we walk in God's full provision, daily.... miracles should ideally take place more among the unsaved when we pray for them. God does not hear their prayers John 9:31. Think about it. An orphan comes into your house needing food, a wash, help with injuries etc. When he gets that....and goes back to his friends they will all be amazed.
I do agree with you about not seeing miracles is people walking in the blessing of God. I do feel that if a person has the mindset that God is using this for his benefit then they are mistaken. With this mindset I don't feel they are walking in faith that God has already healed them, they just need have faith in it and it will manifest in their lives. If I were to get injured and I kept on telling myself that God did this so he can use it of course I'm not going to get healed. Can God use an injury or illness for His Glory? Of course He can and He will. Does God want us to be living this way? No. Jesus bore our sins and our sickness's so that we could be saved and healed.

My favourite is space flight.

God giving us the ability to conceive and build something that see his creation in a new way.

That's not a miracle it's just something you like. This is an example of watering down what a miracle is. Now everything can be a miracle.

It turns my guts when someone says things like this. There are plenty of innocent Christian children suffering from unspeakable inflictions such as cancer and flesh eating bacteria.

It turns my guts when someone says things like this. There are plenty of innocent Christian children suffering from unspeakable inflictions such as cancer and flesh eating bacteria.
Would you as a parent sit by and watch your kids suffer?...

So if the kids are suffering is not safer to assume...there is no parent watching over them? Do you assume you are a better parent then God? If you know to take care of your kids and look after them, how much more God? Do you think God needs YOU or ME to help our brothers and sisters / His children? Of course He wants us to ...but does He '''need'' us to?

I do agree with you about not seeing miracles is people walking in the blessing of God. I do feel that if a person has the mindset that God is using this for his benefit then they are mistaken. With this mindset I don't feel they are walking in faith that God has already healed them, they just need have faith in it and it will manifest in their lives. If I were to get injured and I kept on telling myself that God did this so he can use it of course I'm not going to get healed. Can God use an injury or illness for His Glory? Of course He can and He will. Does God want us to be living this way? No. Jesus bore our sins and our sickness's so that we could be saved and healed.

You have not though long enough about 'faith' and are making a cliched / churchy / spoonfed statement. Not enough faith? That is a really naive statement for any Christian to make.

It takes faith of a mustard seed (1mm) to move a mountain. Would you say any healing > moving a mountain? I wouldn't. I would say it is 1/1000th of moving a mountain (1/1000 of 1mm). Now how much faith do you need to be a Christian?

We believe in an unseen God, that our God is the true God, that a MAN who walked the earth 2000 YEARS AGO is God and can save us...for all eternity. That is far greater then a mustard seed. You simply insult our faith when you suggest there is ANY Christian that cannot pray immediately / directly to God for their own immediate healing. You indirectly suggesting we need a positive mental state...not faith. We received a measure of faith from the Holy Spirit to live at a very high level of faith every day! 1 Cor 12:3, Rom 12:3.

KingJ your friend is very special. That inspires me:)
Its TOO easy to love God when we get blessed and what not...but to still be faithful when nothing seems to happen is amazing :)

Thank you for that, i really needed it ,thanx <3

Would you as a parent sit by and watch your kids suffer?...

So if the kids are suffering is not safer to assume...there is no parent watching over them? Do you assume you are a better parent then God? If you know to take care of your kids and look after them, how much more God? Do you think God needs YOU or ME to help our brothers and sisters / His children? Of course He wants us to ...but does He '''need'' us to?

So if you had a child with cancer you would just say that he or she is not actually suffering from it?

So if you had a child with cancer you would just say that he or she is not actually suffering from it?
I have a kid born with a serious case of hydrocephalus. I take him for scans twice a year. He can't play soccer. He can't play cricket. He can't get into a fight. Any serious knock to his pipe can cause him to pass out and die.

We do all we can and pray. But ultimately, we accept what is out of our control. Like good faithful children of God do / should.

This message of 'not enough faith for healing' is Mickey mouse Christianity. Birds of a feather. There is nothing more to say.

You have not though long enough about 'faith' and are making a cliched / churchy / spoonfed statement. Not enough faith? That is a really naive statement for any Christian to make.

It takes faith of a mustard seed (1mm) to move a mountain. Would you say any healing > moving a mountain? I wouldn't. I would say it is 1/1000th of moving a mountain (1/1000 of 1mm). Now how much faith do you need to be a Christian?

We believe in an unseen God, that our God is the true God, that a MAN who walked the earth 2000 YEARS AGO is God and can save us...for all eternity. That is far greater then a mustard seed. You simply insult our faith when you suggest there is ANY Christian that cannot pray immediately / directly to God for their own immediate healing. You indirectly suggesting we need a positive mental state...not faith. We received a measure of faith from the Holy Spirit to live at a very high level of faith every day! 1 Cor 12:3, Rom 12:3.
I haven't thought long enough? Yes you are right if we have faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains. Mathew 17:17-20. Jesus's disciples couldn't cast out a demon and what was Jesus's response? He said they were faithless and had little faith. From this passage we can ascertain that the disciples have had some experience in casting out demons or healing and had some little faith or belief that they could do this. So with the disciples seeing Jesus perform miracles all the time you would think they had faith of a mustard seed yet they were unable to do this. If a person doesn't have faith and believe that they are healed and walk around doubting and saying God is doing this to me for a reason then they don't have faith or belief this will happen.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus says we will do greater works than He did. Jesus healed the sick, cast out demons. So if we can do greater why do you think we as Christians don't? Two little words, Faith and Belief.

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

This verse tells us to be prosperous and be in good health. God wants us to be in good health and prosper; it is in scripture and you can't deny it.

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses."

Yes Jesus died for our sins he also died so we didn't have to bare sickness. Yes we will still get sick, but we have authority over sickness, disease and our physical health. Why do Christians have such a hard time with this? Why do we doubt the Word of God when it comes to this?

@ Ceilede

I know for me, what hinders me is, when Im tryimg to believe yet the symptoms are still there..

Like for example, anxiety...trying to exercise faith when experiencing: racing thoughts, heart palps, twitching. .ect

Not saying its not possible to do, just difficult.

@ Ceilede

I know for me, what hinders me is, when Im tryimg to believe yet the symptoms are still there..

Like for example, anxiety...trying to exercise faith when experiencing: racing thoughts, heart palps, twitching. .ect

Not saying its not possible to do, just difficult.
I know a lot of Christians really despise what I believe and what a lot of other Christians believe and will be attacked for it. I can tell you I have seen Gods healing in my own life and with my marriage. I didn't sit around feeling sorry for myself, or carry any doubt. My wife was ready to leave me and everyday I praised God for healing my marriage. It took two weeks of this but I did see a miracle in my marriage and my faith and relationship with God and my wife has never been stronger. People can sit and doubt what I am saying but it is in scripture and cannot be discounted as someone who is being a positive thinking. It is all faith and belief, and yes positive thinking comes along with it.

That's not a miracle it's just something you like. This is an example of watering down what a miracle is. Now everything can be a miracle.
I know this woman, who knows a woman, who was a floozy or also referred to as a woman of the night. She had hpv. Doctors say shes also allergic to alcohol. She got it when she was partying too much and drinking wine. At one point she was screaming and saying demonic things. Anyways, she got prayer. Then when she went to the doctor she did not have hpv anymore. If she's not lying, and the doctor is not lying, I would say this is a miracle.

Last edited:
I knew a guy once that was a drug addict, alcoholic, smoked like a fiend. He was black out drunk, and could not remember anything that he had done the night before. He just could not ever get ahead on anything. Always moving from place to place looking for happiness, but only finding pain, and trouble every which way he turned. Looking for love in all the wrong places until Jesus reached down and brought me close to himself. He placed a engagement ring on my finger, and clothed me in his righteousness. Gave me his peace and joy unspeakable, and placed me in a Kingdom that will never end. That was my greatest miracle I have ever seen.

The greatest miracles are beyond the reach of human vision, and feelings. They go way beyond the physical and enter into the hearts of men where the Gory and Spirit of God do their work. It is not normal for a human being to have their heart and mind set on the things of God 24/7 and yet God provides all their needs. That is a miracle. Having problems on every side yet having the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. Ministering to the needs of others when they themselves need ministering too, but are only concentrated on helping others. In doing these things all of our needs are met without even thinking about them. That is a miracles that happens everyday!

Back