Can't Eat Anything And Just Pray Over It.

Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin. Which mean we can do as we please when we please! People we must realize everybody has laws by which we must operate by, the governments have laws, your job have laws, your card games have laws, even the boy scouts have laws. But now you are going to try and convince yourselves that the creator of the world has no laws by which we must live.
Boy you just kinda piece the bible together to try to make it say what you want...don't you!

Ro 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Have you ever noticed how those who claim to uphold the law of Moses...cannot be honest about what the BIBLE says?

The strength of sin, is the law!

Have you ever noticed how those who claim to uphold the law of Moses...cannot be honest about what the BIBLE says?

The strength of sin, is the law!

They're pretty good cherry-pickers!

Hmm...talking about bacon and cherries...I'm hungry.

"Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall." - Bible Verse

I think what this verse is trying to say, is that if one of our brothers or sisters believes it's not okay to eat meat.. We shouldn't mock them, but be encouraging and supportive.

I don't think it is a sin to have a beer here and there, but if I'm around a Christian that is against it, I will respect them and not drink in front of them, instead of telling them how awesome beer is. ;)

Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall. - Bible Verse

I think what this verse is trying to say, is that if one of our brothers or sisters believes it's not okay to eat meat.. We shouldn't mock them, but be encouraging and supportive.

I don't think it is a sin to have a beer here and there, but if I'm around a Christian that is against it, I will respect them and not drink in front of them, instead of telling them how awesome beer is. ;)

Good point. Absolutely, we must always be watchful over how our behaviour could be viewed by others. That is why my husband and I do not drink at all.

However, the poster here who is all about living according to the law is causing people to stumble over the stone of the law. It's disgraceful. We already have had a poster confess confusion based on his assertions.

Romans 9:30-33 (NLT)
30 What does all this mean? Even though the Gentiles were not trying to follow God’s standards, they were made right with God. And it was by faith that this took place. 31 But the people of Israel, who tried so hard to get right with God by keeping the law, never succeeded. 32 Why not? Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting in him. They stumbled over the great rock in their path. 33 God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said,

“I am placing a stone in Jerusalem
that makes people stumble,
a rock that makes them fall.
But anyone who trusts in him
will never be disgraced.”

Good point. However, the poster here who is all about living according to the law is causing people to stumble over the stone of the law. We already have had a poster confess confusion based on his assertions.

Romans 9:30-33 (NLT)
30 What does all this mean? Even though the Gentiles were not trying to follow God’s standards, they were made right with God. And it was by faith that this took place. 31 But the people of Israel, who tried so hard to get right with God by keeping the law, never succeeded. 32 Why not? Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting in him. They stumbled over the great rock in their path. 33 God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said,

“I am placing a stone in Jerusalem
that makes people stumble,
a rock that makes them fall.
But anyone who trusts in him
will never be disgraced.”

I didn't have a chance to read the whole thread.. I think I just read like the last two posts, and the title.

"Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall." - Bible Verse

See there is a great and vast deference between what is written in Romans and say Galatians where Paul tells us not to yield our liberty in grace for any man! The difference is that Romans is speaking of a new convert who is learning the truth in Christ and in Galatians these people are presenting themselves as teachers and as having authority from God . HUGE difference in the Eyes of the Lord!

I'm not a SDA and that verse has nothing what so ever, to do with a Sabbath day on Sunday. Anything written with the first day of the week, people like you run to. Read the Bible...the Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath. Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next Sabbath.
You're creating laws where there is none. The sabbath is always and shall forever be on Saturday. But why do you care to put the brethren in bondage. Paul addressed this fully. Just drop it.

Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Besides the sabbath was made for man not man for the sabbath. Some have to work on Sunday others on Saturday, but when you dedicate your life to God all seven days of the week are to the Lord!

See there is a great and vast deference between what is written in Romans and say Galatians where Paul tells us not to yield our liberty in grace for any man! The difference is that Romans is speaking of a new convert who is learning the truth in Christ and in Galatians these people are presenting themselves as teachers and as having authority from God . HUGE difference in the Eyes of the Lord!
Who is presenting themselves as authority here?

Who is presenting themselves as authority here?
Well of course if you read this thread you will see that Bro Tan has presented himself as an authority while promoting legalism and bondage. Of course that makes him a "false" authority and subject to the judgment we see against false teachers in Galatians. Do you see the difference and the point I was making? I may yield my liberty to help a weak believer come into the truth, I do not yield for a moment to those who have presented themselves as having authority to take the liberty I have in Christ.

1 Timothy 4:1-5

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

You're creating laws where there is none. The sabbath is always and shall forever be on Saturday. But why do you care to put the brethren in bondage. Paul addressed this fully. Just drop it.

Romans 14:5-6 (KJV)
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Besides the sabbath was made for man not man for the sabbath. Some have to work on Sunday others on Saturday, but when you dedicate your life to God all seven days of the week are to the Lord!

You really sounded foolish on this one. I'm creating laws, but you just admit that the Lord's Sabbath day is Saturday, which suppose to be the law I'm creating...like I wrote the Bible, then you twist is with a verse that has nothing to do with the Sabbath day or any Sabbath day, now that's sick!! In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Let's continue;

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. (Leviticus 11:9)

If the fish has fins and scales it can be eaten. And if it doesn't we can’t.
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. (Leviticus 11:10-12)

So, no shellfish. You know the lobster, the crab, crayfish, oysters, snails, shrimps, etc. Those of you that like to eat catfish, it must not be eaten. The catfish has fins but it doesn't have scales. The Lord Jesus says these creatures are an abomination onto you and they shall not be eaten.

Let's take a look at the fowl.

And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the osprey, And the vulture, and the kite after his kind; Every raven after his kind; And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind, And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. (Leviticus 11:13-20)

Those of us that like to eat duck; it is an abomination. The duck is in the swan family. Let's continue;

Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. (Leviticus 11:21-22)

Those are the insects that can be eaten.

But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you. And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even. And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even. The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean. (Leviticus 11:23-26)

Note what the Lord says, "Whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even." If an individual touch the carcass or dead body of one of these beast, they will be unclean until sundown. They must wash the clothes that they were wearing and also bath themselves. Let's continue;
And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even. And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you. (Leviticus 11:27-28)

Note what the verse says, "whatsoever goeth upon his paws." Individuals that eat the opossum, raccoon and the squirrel. Those beasts are unclean unto you and must not be eaten or touch if they are dead. So we see clearly what the Lord deems clean and unclean, what shall be eaten and what should not be eaten. The Lord gives a clear description of the beats just incase we are not sure what a particular animal is.

Let, skip down to the 43rd verse, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT THE LORD TELLS MOSES!

Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby. For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. (Leviticus 11:43-45)

Note what the Lord says, "Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing, that ye should be defiled thereby, ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy." If an individual observe the Lord's dietary law, they will be holy, like their God even Jesus. Those that observe this law, along with the other righteous rules of conduct put forth by the true and Living God, are truly sanctified, or set apart from the so-call Roman Christian community. The Roman Christian community as the apostle Paul states in I Timothy the fourth chapter in verses one and two, " they speak lies and hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron, in other words their brains are burnt clean out of their heads. They take heed to doctrine of devils, thinking if they pray over something that is deemed unclean by the Most High God, it is okay for them to consume.

Tan, put this baby to bed!

Acts 11:1-9 (NLT)
Soon the news reached the apostles and other believers in Judea that the Gentiles had received the word of God. 2 But when Peter arrived back in Jerusalem, the Jewish believers criticized him. 3 “You entered the home of Gentiles and even ate with them!” they said.

4 Then Peter told them exactly what had happened. 5 “I was in the town of Joppa,” he said, “and while I was praying, I went into a trance and saw a vision. Something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners from the sky. And it came right down to me. 6 When I looked inside the sheet, I saw all sorts of tame and wild animals, reptiles, and birds. 7 And I heard a voice say, ‘Get up, Peter; kill and eat them.’

8 “‘No, Lord,’ I replied. ‘I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure or unclean.’

9 “But the voice from heaven spoke again: ‘Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.’

Back