Can't Eat Anything And Just Pray Over It.

Thanks bro. I agree that Jesus set us free from the curse of the law, being made a curse for sin, but I also believe that "he that saith I know Him and keepeth not His commandments is a liar and the Truth is not in him". My conclusion is that we are saved by grace, but judged by our works because our works prove whether we know Jesus or not. Therefore, a man who has Jesus living out His life in him while He is seated on the throne of his heart does not sin, and should he sin, he can find forgiveness through sorrow and repentance of it - but a man who claims to know Jesus but refuses to keep His commandments is evidencing by his works of sin that He is not enthroned in his heart, and therefore knows not Jesus and is not bound for heaven. I believe this is the balance that is Bible truth, unlike a one-sided Gospel that says obedience is optional.

Thanks...I pretty much agree...but I find that some of us (and I suppose myself in some areas) lose balance in what the word is teaching as a whole (the whole counsel of the word of God on a subject matter). I think you would agree (based on what you just posted) that certain matters appear to some to be differing matters (almost as opposites) but they are not...they are antitheses (two aspects of the one thing....like day and night)...we see these theological divisions in area like Grace VERSUS law, faith VERSUS works, predestination VERSUS free will...

There should be no VERSUS as in each case they are one...ours is not the 10 commandments written in stone, these were a covenant with the children of Jacob, and were given to drive man to Christ (His redemptive provision)...in them comes the realization of sin in us driving us to need grace, to turn to God, fall on our face seeking mercy....now WE who have attained Christ are no longer under the ordinances written in stone but by the Spirit in us do naturally that which pleases God. We, in this New Covenant, do not "not murder" because we are told it is evil or fear being punished, we who are genuinely saved simply by nature do not do it...(this is what it means to have His will written in our hearts)...we now BY NATURE do that which is right with God (and I am not saying always perfectly yet....but when He appears we shall be like Him)....we who are already transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light (sealed by the Spirit until the day of redemption) are no longer the sons of Adam but the sons of God.

We do not purposely disobey God but we understand His will differently because more and more His will IS our spirit-man's will...I do not only not murder but I do not stay angry in fact I pray for those who despitefully use me and say all manner of bad things about me...I cast down even lustful thoughts and actively put off these thoughts and put on His thoughts...I do not care for the poor and give, etc., because I am obligated to by law, I do it because my heart breaks for them and I grieve doing whatever I can when I can...and I was a most selfish self indulgent self glorifying person once...my NATURE has been changed...I am no longer a mere man (a temporal fleshly being) I have eternal life...the life of God in Christ dwells in me (I am a partaker of the divine nature)....God is not UNDER the 10 commandments, He is the embodiment of them....He is the Spirit of them.

In His love

Paul

Last edited:
He who the Son has set free is free indeed (unless you think Jesus lied?). You are made righteous through faith not works. Jesus does not set us free the commands but from the curse of the law. That should not be used as an excuse to sin, but as John says "sin not but if you do you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ...(paraphrasing)".

So what I am saying (may the Lord allow you to receive it)...Romans 9

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Why? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believes on him shall not be ashamed.

I hope this helps...

brother Paul

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
This is include the sabbath day, which is on the seventh day of the, dietary law, 10 commandments, etc.

The biblical definition of sin is that sin is the transgression of the law. That definition is found in the following verse.

I John (3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
This is include the sabbath day, which is on the seventh day of the, dietary law, 10 commandments, etc.

The biblical definition of sin is that sin is the transgression of the law. That definition is found in the following verse.

I John (3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Take a good look at Deuteronomy 28. All the promises related to obeying ALL that He has commanded in the Old Covenant are of a temporal/physical nature. And so are the curses upon any of them who make themselves part of that covenant and fail in even one. None of the blessings or promises have to do with the remission of sins or possessing or attaining the gift of eternal life (not one).

So since we know (and you do as well if you are honest with your self) that you have not obeyed ALL (as you cannot for there is no Tabernacle or Temple or sacrifices or oblations as they have ceased since Christ) then by your own measure you are most definitely under the curse. If you are going to use grace to excuse your inability to conform as you insist we do then you are a hypocrite. If you are saying we are picking and choosing what to obey and what not to obey and yet you are in fact doing the exact same thing, then you are a hypocrite. Now these are just words Jesus Himself used to address the same problem in His time so understand I mean them literally not accusatory.

Because you have sin in your life, under the Law you are condemned. Now someone has convinced you that your partial obedience IS keeping the Law but they have deceived you. There is only one way to have your sins remissed and that is the atonement sacrifice God Himself provided. You can ONLY get into the kingdom of God by being born of His Spirit and can ONLY be born of His Spirit and have eternal life if your sins are remissed. You CANNOT enter into the kingdom with sin in your life. The new creature in Christ has no sin in its life...it is IN HIM and He has no sin. You CANNOT by the power of your flesh cleanse yourself of sin. To have eternal life you MUST totally trust in what Christ did on your behalf. It is the only way acceptable to God. He counts it all under sin that salvation may be totally by grace. What God began in the Spirit He will not end in the flesh. Because you have sin in your life, under the Law you are condemned. Even now! My old man IS condemned as is yours...but I (and hopefully you) are not that old man any longer....YOU (hopefully) are a new order of being after the last Adam. The law is your nature not a list of do's and don'ts....God's love is in you and upon you and He bought you with a dear price. You, the man, are no longer your own (hopefully).

There should be no VERSUS as in each case they are one...ours is not the 10 commandments written in stone, these were a covenant with the children of Jacob, and were given to drive man to Christ (His redemptive provision)...in them comes the realization of sin in us driving us to need grace, to turn to God, fall on our face seeking mercy....now WE who have attained Christ are no longer under the ordinances written in stone but by the Spirit in us do naturally that which pleases God. We, in this New Covenant, do not "not murder" because we are told it is evil or fear being punished, we who are genuinely saved simply by nature do not do it...(this is what it means to have His will written in our hearts)...we now BY NATURE do that which is right with God (and I am not saying always perfectly yet....but when He appears we shall be like Him)....we who are already transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light (sealed by the Spirit until the day of redemption) are no longer the sons of Adam but the sons of God.

We do not purposely disobey God but we understand His will differently because more and more His will IS our spirit-man's will...I do not only not murder but I do not stay angry in fact I pray for those who despitefully use me and say all manner of bad things about me...I cast down even lustful thoughts and actively put off these thoughts and put on His thoughts...I do not care for the poor and give, etc., because I am obligated to by law, I do it because my heart breaks for them and I grieve doing whatever I can when I can...and I was a most selfish self indulgent self glorifying person once...my NATURE has been changed...I am no longer a mere man (a temporal fleshly being) I have eternal life...the life of God in Christ dwells in me (I am a partaker of the divine nature)....God is not UNDER the 10 commandments, He is the embodiment of them....He is the Spirit of them.

In His love

Paul[/QUOTE]
I agree that their is no "law versus grace" in Scripture, for because of Jesus' sacrifice, "Righteousness (defined in the law) and peace (God's grace) are met together; Mercy (God's grace) and truth (defined in the law) have kissed." Psalms 85:10.

Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins, but for sins that are past.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check.

Paul said in (Rom. 11:22) Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. You had better continue in God’s goodness or you will be cut off. This is also the writing of thee Apostle Paul. You must continue to keep God’s laws if you expect to receive salvation.

Choosing to just break or keep according to your own will is being your own Lord (Genesis 3:5) thats not the same as Jesus having fullfillied the Law and we who are IN HIM no longer being under a performance yoke.

Jesus said in Matthew 5: 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now, if the Jesus said think not that I came to destroy the law, let’s reason together, what do destroy mean; to take away, etc, right. So that simply means that the law is still on the table and the prophets

Jesus couldn't destroy the prophet because he had to fulfilled all of what the prophets wrote about Jesus and what he had and have to do. Jesus has a second coming and more things to do. The prophet Daniel spoke about Jesus second coming, the prophet Isaiah spoke about Jesus second coming, also Joel, and Zachariah, I can go on and on.

Let's face it Bro.tan, Jesus is not enough for you. You think salvation is a combination of belief in Jesus and works of the Law. Have you read Galatians?

Let's face it Bro.tan, Jesus is not enough for you. You think salvation is a combination of belief in Jesus and works of the Law. Have you read Galatians?

I asked him the same thing a long time ago. He never answered.

Gal. was written by Paul to counteract the teaching of the Judiazers who taught that the blood of Jesus is not enough to save man.

First, good to see your back Major....the Lord bless you and yours...

Second...if salvation could be achieved or earned or even maintained by "keeping the law" and we were actually capable of keeping it all ourselves, then Christ's death, burial, and resurrection was not necessary...

Back