Catholics, Orthodox And Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because as you already know.....

(1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Yes, once again, I have already pointed this out. One mediator between man and God. Intercession does not mean becoming the mediator between man and God. If it did, then we would all be guilty for asking others to pray for us.

We even have a thread on this forum for prayer requests. This is called intercession, and the Scriptures says it in 1 Timothy 2:1

What is our purpose to one another? Is it not to pray for one another and intercede in prayer? The Scriptures tell us it is. Why discredit those who are in the presence of Christ to not having the ability to pray for those who are still on earth but also part of the body of Christ?

That is for us to do on earth while we are here. What the RCC upholds is a rationalization for something other than what we are called to do. you cannot PRAY TO someone who has died to PRAY TO God for you. Besides---how do you know for sure that person who has died has actually been saved and is with God? The sure thing is always Jesus, our only Mediator between man and God and the constant intercessor for us all. WE intercede for each other, taking prayers to God through Jesus Christ and standing in the gap for our brethren.

CCW, please forgive me if this seems rude, but if you cannot pay attention, I cannot keep this going. I mentioned multiple times, cited the official statements, and explained in detail this main point: ADORATION TO MARY IS CONDEMNED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Adoration is only reserved for God. It is clear in the Bible, it is clear in the Catechism, and it is clear over and over again.

Devotion does not equal adoration. Adoration is worship while devotion is less so. We are called to honor our parents, but that is not the same as adoration. Likewise, we are to honor Mary because she is the mother of Christ, but we do not adore her--rather, we adore her son.

As for Paul the Apostle, we do venerate him and recognize his sainthood. Does this mean we adore him? Absolutely not. We respect him.

Please pay attention otherwise this cannot go anywhere.

CCW, after years of research, rejection from Protestant friends, insults, and distress in my conversion from Protestantism to Catholicism, why would a stranger over the internet no less who gives me no genius food for thought, telling me to run from the Catholic Church be reason to actually do so?

If you want me to leave the Catholic Church, you must have a damned genius argument against it. Every argument you have ever made against it is one I have asked years ago and then found an answer for years ago. In fact, you have only hit the tip of the ice burg as far as arguments against Catholicism goes.

I am not a Johnny-Come-Lately. I have heard every single argument against the Church and they have all been answered even centuries before the reformation.

This may be your best post ever, Lysander. I wish I could give it more than just an Amen/Like.

CCW, please forgive me if this seems rude, but if you cannot pay attention, I cannot keep this going. I mentioned multiple times, cited the official statements, and explained in detail this main point: ADORATION TO MARY IS CONDEMNED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Adoration is only reserved for God. It is clear in the Bible, it is clear in the Catechism, and it is clear over and over again.

Devotion does not equal adoration. Adoration is worship while devotion is less so. We are called to honor our parents, but that is not the same as adoration. Likewise, we are to honor Mary because she is the mother of Christ, but we do not adore her--rather, we adore her son.

As for Paul the Apostle, we do venerate him and recognize his sainthood. Does this mean we adore him? Absolutely not. We respect him.. Is Mary the queen of Heaven? These are all false statements

Please pay attention otherwise this cannot go anywhere.

CCW, after years of research, rejection from Protestant friends, insults, and distress in my conversion from Protestantism to Catholicism, why would a stranger over the internet no less who gives me no genius food for thought, telling me to run from the Catholic Church be reason to actually do so?

If you want me to leave the Catholic Church, you must have a damned genius argument against it. Every argument you have ever made against it is one I have asked years ago and then found an answer for years ago. In fact, you have only hit the tip of the ice burg as far as arguments against Catholicism goes.

I am not a Johnny-Come-Lately. I have heard every single argument against the Church and they have all been answered even centuries before the reformation.

How about the truth, is that a good enough reason to walk away? Do you pray to Mary? Is Mary sinless? Is Mary the mother of God. Is Mary the Queen of Heaven? These are all false statements!!! It only takes one who knows the truth to escape untruth.

That is for us to do on earth while we are here. What the RCC upholds is a rationalization for something other than what we are called to do. you cannot PRAY TO someone who has died to PRAY TO God for you. Besides---how do you know for sure that person who has died has actually been saved and is with God? The sure thing is always Jesus, our only Mediator between man and God and the constant intercessor for us all. WE intercede for each other, taking prayers to God through Jesus Christ and standing in the gap for our brethren.
Euphemia. You are proving that you do not really know the catholic faith which makes you criticisms moot. The catholics do not believe God would allow the Church to error. Thus when someone is declared a Saint they MUST be in heaven.

And if you believe in theosis those who are in heaven are in union with God. As you called it 'co-inhereters'

Euphemia, Mark 12 says that God is not a God of the dead, but a God of the living. Revelation 5 and 8 talk about the prayers of the saints being brought up to heaven. 1 Timothy 2 talks about praying for one another. Hebrews 12 talks about our being surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. James 5 mentions to confess to one another and pray for one another.

Not once does the Catholic faith contradict the notion that there is indeed one mediator between God and man (Christ), nor does it contradict that we must ONLY worship the Lord our God.

All I have seen in here is narrative after narrative of personal interpretation, disregard for official statements, ignorance of statement after statement, and presupposition after presupposition. How can a discussion even continue if these are the rules by which you play?

Catholic threads have all degenerated.

I will not allow another Catholic discussion. Anyone starting one will be give a 7 day time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back