Catholics, Orthodox And Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so the discussions and disagreements begin, this is how it all starts.
But since you're so interested, you're not supposed to bring a Bible to church, you're supposed to be paying attention to the lessons and the sermon. All the relevant Bible quotes for the day are there in bulletins and relevant places. There is a Bible at the altar if you really need one.
This is how you deceive people by not teaching from the Word of God, but by what some man says the Bible says!!!
Never put your trust in man or the arm of the flesh. As long as you are on this forum you will not get away with speaking falsehood contrary to God's Holy Word. Opinions are a dime a dozen and they do not produce anything good but darkness. Going to a Church that does not allow you to bring a Bible is in darkness, and will always be in darkness until the Word of God is allowed to be spoken though God's anointed.

This is how you deceive people by not teaching from the Word of God, but by what some man says the Bible says!!!
Never put your trust in man or the arm of the flesh. As long as you are on this forum you will not get away with speaking falsehood contrary to God's Holy Word. Opinions are a dime a dozen and they do not produce anything good but darkness. Going to a Church that does not allow you to bring a Bible is in darkness, and will always be in darkness until the Word of God is allowed to be spoken though God's anointed.
What a rip roaring start this peaceful discussion has gotten off to.
THE BIBLE LESSONS FOR THE WEEK ARE THERE. They are PRINTED OUT. If you are reading the Bible during the church service, then you are not paying attention to the lessons. Can't you stay home and read your Bible?

What a rip roaring start this peaceful discussion has gotten off to.
THE BIBLE LESSONS FOR THE WEEK ARE THERE. They are PRINTED OUT. If you are reading the Bible during the church service, then you are not paying attention to the lessons. Can't you stay home and read your Bible?
Number one rule, never trust in man or what he says without having the scriptures in front of you to see if these things are true.
Without the Bible in your hands you will believe anything someone says to you who looks holy.
God's Word is number one in all things, before you can have any discussion you first have to have the Word!!!

Act 17:10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
Act 17:11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Number one rule, never trust in man or what he says without having the scriptures in front of you to see if these things are true.
Without the Bible in your hands you will believe anything someone says to you who looks holy.
God's Word is number one in all things, before you can have any discussion you first have to have the Word!!!

Act 17:10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
Act 17:11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
You are just attempting to derail this discussion before it's even gotten started.
If you're not going to respect what goes on in a Catholic church service because you're so outraged that such a service can even take place without your streetcorner preacher hatred, then stay out of this thread. You've been asked politely by several people.
A church service is not for the purpose you are suggesting here.

You are just attempting to derail this discussion before it's even gotten started.
If you're not going to respect what goes on in a Catholic church service because you're so outraged that such a service can even take place without your streetcorner preacher hatred, then stay out of this thread. You've been asked politely by several people.
A church service is not for the purpose you are suggesting here.
If this is not the place to discuss truth then we need all to disconnect and go somewhere else. This is the exact place to come against false teaching that only leads men deeper into darkness. I am not against Catholic people, but false teaching that binds those into further bondange. Again, before any discussion can be made the Word has to be made the ultimate authority to destroy fortresses and castles that have been built up in mans mind that is contrary to truth.

Last edited:
If this is not the place to discuss truth then we need all to disconnect and go somewhere else. This is the exact place to come against false teaching that only leads men deeper into darkness. I am not against Catholic people, but false teaching that binds those into further bondange. Again, before any discussion can be made the Word has to be made the ultimate authority to destroy fortresses and castles that have been built up in mans mind that is contrary to truth.
I think you seriously need to understand what "truth" is, then. Truth is not hate, lies or anti-Catholicism.
You do not know what "false teaching" entails and you are in no position to instruct others.
This is not the thread for you. You are not welcome. Please leave.

I'd like to ask everyone to ignore ccw95 and euphemia. I don't want this thread to devolve into another debate about the merits of the catholic church.

This is a place to learn. If you are interested in teaching post elsewhere.

Peace, how do you feel about the patriarch of Constantinople attending the pope's confirmation? I think that if anyone will reunite the church it will be this pope.

I feel very strongly about the current pope. He is a smart man and not bogged down in idealism. He is resounding with the people which is what he needs to do.

I think you seriously need to understand what "truth" is, then. Truth is not hate, lies or anti-Catholicism.
You do not know what "false teaching" entails and you are in no position to instruct others.
This is not the thread for you. You are not welcome. Please leave.

If I hated you then I would not be here speaking against your doctrine. I could just pass you by and leave you to your own ways, and let you try and speak falsehood to those who are truly seeking truth. Leven spreads like gangrene and is contagious to others. This is the thread for me where there is falsehood being spoken. Warning signs are visible to all who know Jesus personally to what you claim as truth.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

If I hated you then I would not be here speaking against your doctrine. I could just pass you by and leave you to your own ways, and let you try and speak falsehood to those who are truly seeking truth. Leven spreads like gangrene and is contagious to others. This is the thread for me where there is falsehood being spoken. Warning signs are visible to all who know Jesus personally to what you claim as truth.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
I understand what you are doing, but, and no offence intended, I do not believe you are of perfectly sound mind. Let people who understand this subject take part in it please, this is no place for crazy people.

I feel very strongly about the current pope. He is a smart man and not bogged down in idealism. He is resounding with the people which is what he needs to do.

Yes he's shown time again to be a humble servant of Christ and I believe will create a real revival. He has uplifted those who do good unknowingly and hammered down those who do evil knowingly. The Holy Spirit really breathes through him.

Do you think he will be a key figure in dealing with division in the church?
Yes. I mean I don't know how the churches will deal with it. The orthodox will never accept papal infalliblity but I think they have enough going for them to accept each others sacraments. Catholics already accept the Orthodox. What would be really interesting is if the pope declared ex cathedra that he can be fallible speaking ex cathedra. How would the church respond?

A real paradox. Though it would take a brave pope to try it. Haha

Anyways. The orthodox also don't like dogmas so that could be a problem but most of their problems seem to be political rather than theological.

I understand what you are doing, but, and no offence intended, I do not believe you are of perfectly sound mind. Let people who understand this subject take part in it please, this is no place for crazy people.
Wow, that is so weird. The false teachers said the same thing about the Apostle Paul in that he was crazy and not in his right mind. The religious leaders in Jesus's thought the same thing about Jesus, in saying he was "demon possessed"

2Co 5:12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart.
2Co 5:13 If we are "out of our mind," as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
2Co 5:14 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

Joh 8:47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
Joh 8:48 The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
Joh 8:49 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.

Wow, that is so weird. The false teachers said the same thing about the Apostle Paul in that he was crazy and not in his right mind. The religious leaders in Jesus's thought the same thing about Jesus, in saying he was "demon possessed"

2Co 5:12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart.
2Co 5:13 If we are "out of our mind," as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
2Co 5:14 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

Joh 8:47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
Joh 8:48 The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
Joh 8:49 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.
Great post CCW.

Yes, cute, compare yourself to Jesus all you want. You are not Jesus, you are a fundamentalist looking to cause trouble by attacking things you don't understand, and it will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back