"CFS ALERT - Earthquake victims in Haiti need your help and prayers!"

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
"CFS ALERT - Earthquake victims in Haiti need your help and prayers!"

Blessing to you all,

We all are aware of the devastating earthquake that occurred in "Haiti" They have stated that maybe hundreds of thousands of people have died. The Redcross has ran out of supplies and they need monetary assistance very bad. There is no place for these people to sleep, they are roaming around for medical help. They have very little food and water. They are wandering around trying to find their loved ones. This is really, really, bad.

For one, they need our prayers. Second, if anyone can, please consider donating to one of the many organizations I will list below. Any amount will help them.

The First option is:

For those interesting in helping immediately, simply text "HAITI" to "90999" and a donation of $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts, charged to your cell phone bill.

The Second option is to visit one of these organizations and donate that way. As I stated earlier, there is no set amount to give, you give what you can.

· Action Against Hunger
· American Red Cross
· American Jewish World Service
· AmeriCares
· Beyond Borders
· CARE
· Catholic Relief Services
· Childcare Worldwide
· Direct Relief International
· Doctors Without Borders
· Feed My Starving Children
· Friends of WFP
· Haitian Health Foundation
· Hope for Haiti
· International Medical Corps
· International Relief Teams
· Medical Teams International
· Meds and Food for Kids
· Mercy Corps
· Operation USA
· Oxfam
· Partners in Health
· Samaritan's Purse
· Save the Children
· UNICEF
· World Concern
· World Vision
· Yele Haiti

I thank God for all of you who will be lead by God to help these people who are suffering. As we give, please remember to pray for their salvation, healing, and restoration. In Jesus name we pray...

God bless,

Godbe4me

Amen, Godbe4me... Thank you for the links and procedures.

We all face adversity in our own lives now and then and we cope, but this type of disaster creates a feeling of helplessness among the victims. Please do what you can financially to assist the Agencies who WILL HELP these unfortunate persons in Haiti to be able to cope. Thank you very much.

May God Bless.

`

Thank you for posting this Godbe4me. As someone who went through Katrina, I know some of what these people are going through.

The major difference here is, with hurricanes, you have warnings. If people decide not to heed those warnings and stay, it is tragic if they do not make it, but it was their choice. These poor people in Haiti had no warning. They were just doing their everyday routines when this monster of an earthquake happened.

I have been following the news and my heart is breaking for them.

I can tell you this about going through the worse national disaster in American history. I know that if it had not been for the donations from people all over the world, we would not be recovered to the point that we are now. I cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone to consider donating something. Every single dollar counts. The amount doesn't matter, just give what you can. As Christians, it is imperitive that we reach out to these people.

We must keep them in prayers also.

Blessings, Cheri

Oh yes dear sister, I know that going through Katrina you can definitely relate. Going through the Katrina tragedy I am sure you can relate to the many donations that helped many people. It does not matter how much that is given, if everyone just give what they can, that will help the people in Haiti so very much. I have already given through "Redcross" and I thank God so very much that I was able to give something. I thank God for using me as His vessel to help these suffering people.

Thank you sister, for you brief testimony of your experience with Katrina and for letting all know that the donations that was received really helped the Katrina victims out. God bless you.

God bless,

Godbe4me

You're welcome Sis, and yes, the Red Cross does wonderful work. I donated to Doctors without Borders, as I just read that they just sent 16 tons of medical supplies. The cost of this has to be enormous.

I do urge people to research the charity they would be donating to, as some people use this as an opportunity to scam people, it happened with Katrina. Stick with organizations that you know, i.e. the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Doctors Without Borders, etc. It's unfortunate, and I don't know how anyone could use a time like this to try to make money for themselves, but please donate to a reputable organization so that you can make sure your money gets to the people of Haiti.

Blessings

It is of the upmost importance that these people receive aid . I was in Haiti on one of my mission trips and saw first hand the dire poverty that these people suffer alreadyand now with an earthquake on top of the calamity . matters are made worse.

Please every one however you donate ... do it ... OUr church has a relief called ERDO where my money will go . We also have to be very careful where our money goes and not fall into people who just want to capitalize for themselves in a situation shch as this .... Please check out your place of donation .

I have worked with a child sponsorship in haiti also and have seen the poverty as well. This is just devastating. No words can truelly tell how bad this is.

Thank you Godbe4me for posting the links....I pray everyone will send everything they can.

Mary

Alot want to give and go. The problem is getting the supplies to the people themselves. They can't get it to them.

Just a note to Canadians ....

When we choose a place of donation in Canada .... the Canadian Government will match everything dollar for dollar so don't forget to do it through a Canadian Charity so double will go .

I heard of one plane that tried for hours to find a place to land. With all the devastation, where can they land, and how can they drive vehicles in all that to get to the people? So probably the best way to get things to the people is helicopter, to drop it to the people. Maybe lower Drs. and nurses and rescue workers from helicopters.

7 Americans were rescued today

There are 1400 Canadians still missing . The Missionaries that our church support in Port Au Prince are in the D. R. at a missionary conference so they are safe and trying to get back but like you said , all the roads are closed so it is impossible as they are travelling from DR by car.

That's the problem. There are many over there but Port Au Prince is such a disaster they can't get to the people. Thats what we need to pray about, the time is running out for them this many days. They can't keep waiting to get in there

Is there a number for the amount of Americans that are still missing there ? Has any one heard ? We just had a plane load of Canadians arrive back yesterday .

I'd like to add Compassion International as organisation you could donate to.
Phone number
(800) 336-7676, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. MT.

Mailing address
Compassion International
Colorado Springs, CO 80997

Street address
12290 Voyager Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

Haitians need our financial and prayer support. Death toll is now estimated at around 200000.

Video message to Australians:

Just a note to Canadians ....

Speaking of Canada--

I heard something yesterday about the Haitians praising God and that it made the national news there in Canada, but I dont have a link to read. They were talking about how bad the disaster was there but also how some still praised God. Does anyone have that?

Our missionaries that our church support were finally able to travel back to Haaiti from the Dominican Republic to find their Bible School totally demolished and many of their workers dead . That's a picture of the Bible School . You can read more here ...... http://www.haitiministries.com/english/

This morning in church all the Haitian imigrants were asked to come to the front so we could pray with them I prayed with a young girl who told me all her family are there and she does not know if they are alive . I am telling you , I was crying with this girl as well .

IMG_0183-300x234.jpg

Back