Challenging Bible Scripture

Thank you Bob may the Lord bless you and yours too.
About receiving doctrine, don't you find that the Word has a 'flavor to it. If the Word is to answer all our questions, even though the question might not directly be quoted in scripture we still got a pretty good idea what direction the answer lays. As far as being falsely indoctrinated we can recognize it because it requires us to go out on a limb or focus on something or someone outside of scripture.

"Flavor" is a good word.

Seems to me that the Holy Spirit binds believers together over the Word of God.

"Flavor" is a good word.

Seems to me that the Holy Spirit binds believers together over the Word of God.

Hello Major
What do you think? What's next? We've had covid now Ukraine - then what?
We know where it is all heading. Even in the Lord prayer He says 'in earth not on earth' so these vessels are being perfected not this world. Feels a little uneasy at times but I'm so glad He said fear not - look up, Amen.
God bless you my friend.

Hello Major
What do you think? What's next? We've had covid now Ukraine - then what?
We know where it is all heading. Even in the Lord prayer He says 'in earth not on earth' so these vessels are being perfected not this world. Feels a little uneasy at times but I'm so glad He said fear not - look up, Amen.
God bless you my friend.

Remember in the early days, you caught the COVID and 18 vehicles would come screeching to a stop in your driveway and they'd wall you off in the pantry and all but bag your house like they were fumigating for roaches.

The war in Ukraine has taken the focus off of US and placed it in the life and death struggle of conflict.

No one did anything when Russia invaded Georgia.
No one did anything when Russia invaded Crimea.

No one did anything when Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia.
No one did anything when Hitler invaded Austria.

What's next then is what we allow!

Russia is and has been the bully on the block. They will do what ever they want to do because weak leadership in the USA allows them to do what they have done.

Remember in the early days, you caught the COVID and 18 vehicles would come screeching to a stop in your driveway and they'd wall you off in the pantry and all but bag your house like they were fumigating for roaches.

The war in Ukraine has taken the focus off of US and placed it in the life and death struggle of conflict.

No one did anything when Russia invaded Georgia.
No one did anything when Russia invaded Crimea.

No one did anything when Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia.
No one did anything when Hitler invaded Austria.

What's next then is what we allow!

Russia is and has been the bully on the block. They will do what ever they want to do because weak leadership in the USA allows them to do what they have done.

I'm a bit of a critic when it comes to our Canadian government as well although I'm sure there is more to it than meets
the eye.
I am thankful for the security the USA has provided for us both economically and politically but I think we both know that ultimately we are not in control.
The king of the north is doing that which he is destined to do and it will work out according to plan.
My prayer is that I might hold steady as the wind blows and that I might live a life in grace and not disgrace for of course in the big picture that is all that really matters - agreeded?

I'm a bit of a critic when it comes to our Canadian government as well although I'm sure there is more to it than meets
the eye.
I am thankful for the security the USA has provided for us both economically and politically but I think we both know that ultimately we are not in control.
The king of the north is doing that which he is destined to do and it will work out according to plan.
My prayer is that I might hold steady as the wind blows and that I might live a life in grace and not disgrace for of course in the big picture that is all that really matters - agreeded?

YES!

We are not in contol but in fact are just along for the ride.

My complaint today is that MR. Biden is going to stop buying Russian oil....and that is what we should do.

BUT....he is going to Iran, Venezuela and Saudi Arabis instead of going to Canada and Mexico AND opening up the pipe lines from Canada he closed down a year ago. That IMO is insanity.

John 15:12 (NIV)
" My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Okay, let’s be honest not religious!!

Sometimes our fellow believers aren’t easy to love. Plus, did you notice that Jesus said we should love each other “as I have loved you.” Well, Jesus gave His life for us, so this is really extreme. He wants us to be willing to die for each other. Holy Cow!!!!

How in the world do we do that??? How do YOU put others’ needs ahead of your own.

Now feel free to disagree but I am thinking that the two areas that seem to affect us the most is pride and selfishness.

If we can learn and be able to put on humility and selflessness we might be able to live John 15:12.

Thoughts.............

I agree LOVE must be the main ingredient in all relationships!

But some ppl I have a very,very,very hard time liking. I can not tolerate victim mentality, pride and arrogance. No problem with ignorance if a person is willing to be taught.

Question, can you love and not like?

John 15:12 (NIV)
" My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."
Okay, let’s be honest not religious!! Sometimes our fellow believers aren’t easy to love. Plus, did you notice that Jesus said we should love each other “as I have loved you.” Well, Jesus gave His life for us, so this is really extreme. He wants us to be willing to die for each other. Holy Cow!!!! How in the world do we do that??? How do YOU put others’ needs ahead of your own. Now feel free to disagree but I am thinking that the two areas that seem to affect us the most is pride and selfishness. If we can learn and be able to put on humility and selflessness we might be able to live John 15:12.
Thoughts.............

I agree LOVE must be the main ingredient in all relationships! But some ppl I have a very,very,very hard time liking. I can not tolerate victim mentality, pride and arrogance. No problem with ignorance if a person is willing to be taught.
Question, can you love and not like?

Hello Major and D3v;

My response is two-fold. Yes, some fellow believers aren't easy to love. Some people I also had a very, very hard time liking.

Challenging Bible Scripture includes having fellowship and bonding with like believers.

Major, you know I always refute the lone Christian mentality for these experiential reasons;

When I was immature in my walk with Jesus, many times others who put up with my wise-guy and whipper snapper attitude (yes, others had to be very patient with me) they were there for me when I didn't deserve their love, help and prayers. If I was ever in a dying situation (metaphor) these same people were ready to die for me. They saw my weaknesses and responded.

I have to confess it was my pride and selfishness that I was blind to others humility and selflessness for Jesus.

I'm not humble bragging. This is my story and in our story for Christ our testimony must be honest.

My response to having a hard time liking others, it happens, D3v. There is a difference between "love in Christ for others," and "disliking the disposition of others."

God bless you, Major. I'm enjoying this topic and the other's posts here.

Hello Major and D3v;

My response is two-fold. Yes, some fellow believers aren't easy to love. Some people I also had a very, very hard time liking.

Challenging Bible Scripture includes having fellowship and bonding with like believers.

Major, you know I always refute the lone Christian mentality for these experiential reasons;

When I was immature in my walk with Jesus, many times others who put up with my wise-guy and whipper snapper attitude (yes, others had to be very patient with me) they were there for me when I didn't deserve their love, help and prayers. If I was ever in a dying situation (metaphor) these same people were ready to die for me. They saw my weaknesses and responded.

I have to confess it was my pride and selfishness that I was blind to others humility and selflessness for Jesus.

I'm not humble bragging. This is my story and in our story for Christ our testimony must be honest.

My response to having a hard time liking others, it happens, D3v. But there is a difference between love for Christ for others, and disliking the "disposition of others."

God bless you, Major. I'm enjoying this topic and the other's posts here.

Thanks Robert!

May I say to you and DV3 and anyone else interested that I really struggle with those who are pious and walk around telling me that they "Love everyone".

I just like DV3 have always had a problem....my whole life with liking those who are in a class of individuals who live for evil. I DID NOT say I do not have the ability to forgive...I do! But it has taken a lifetime!

No matter how much theology I know or how much Bible knowledge I have been blessed to learn - The thing I have struggled with more than all the others combined is......."Turn the other cheek".

When someone insults my wife, or hits my children or threatens my family......I am their worst nightmare. Now someone one will probably say....well, I am not like Major, I am a well disciplined, and Jesus loving person and I do not act that way.

The difference then is.........I am being totally honest!

I don't think Jesus liked the Pharisee and Saducees but he came that ALL might be saved.

I try to think like this I don't know the life they've been served if there were abuses or spoiling ECT.

I do know that's no excuse, for Jesus and the HS are here and work the work that we might be saved and have a continuing sanctification. We are not perfect and all have some kind of baggage but I try to tamp those things down and show love and encouragement .

( I saw the name of one I'm familiar with who isnt here of late,) it seems all they want is you to agree with them even though their doctrine is skewed & all they do is whine about being harrassed,or belittled or mocked. You can not correct them. When you become fearful of being reported and banned for an invalid reason,its time to go.

I do know several ppl from the other site that are here but I changed my avatar,they haven't.
I'm certain my personality has already rubbed sideways of one I do not know.

I just want to love My Lord and if I can not do it without liking all,then I have a great deal of fasting and prayer to do.

Sister devoted

I don't think Jesus liked the Pharisee and Saducees but he came that ALL might be saved.

I try to think like this I don't know the life they've been served if there were abuses or spoiling ECT.

I do know that's no excuse, for Jesus and the HS are here and work the work that we might be saved and have a continuing sanctification. We are not perfect and all have some kind of baggage but I try to tamp those things down and show love and encouragement .

( I saw the name of one I'm familiar with who isnt here of late,) it seems all they want is you to agree with them even though their doctrine is skewed & all they do is whine about being harrassed,or belittled or mocked. You can not correct them. When you become fearful of being reported and banned for an invalid reason,its time to go.

I do know several ppl from the other site that are here but I changed my avatar,they haven't.
I'm certain my personality has already rubbed sideways of one I do not know.

I just want to love My Lord and if I can not do it without liking all,then I have a great deal of fasting and prayer to do.

Sister devoted

You know.....Jesus was God in the flesh and He knew the thoughts of those men. He knew that he was going to die to save them and that they were going to kill Him. Hmmmmm!

Now.........run that through your mind for a minute or two!

The thing is that the foundational nature of
Jesus is self sacrificial love, but each of us inherited our sinful nature from Adam. We had to learn to suppress the Old Man within us as Paul wrote in Romans.

So prefect love is an Ideal for which we are to strive, but never achieve. While this does not excuse our failures, our sights should be on overcoming those failures rather than wringing our hands about our failures in themselves.

Even when we are raised and the Old Man is truly banished from our being, We will still be limited in scope, even if perfected in intrinsic nature.

So yes, we are called to love all unconditionally, but in life that is aspirational. It remains a thorn in our spiritual sides that we must confront every time we encounter someone that offends us in some way.

You know.....Jesus was God in the flesh and He knew the thoughts of those men. He knew that he was going to die to save them and that they were going to kill Him. Hmmmmm!

Now.........run that through your mind for a minute or two!

Yes,HE IS GOD!
I strive and remind MYSELF we have the mind of Christ,we also have the Holy Ghost who bears His FRUIT in us if we yield.

The thing is that the foundational nature of Jesus is self sacrificial love, but each of us inherited our sinful nature from Adam. We had to learn to suppress the Old Man within us as Paul wrote in Romans.
So prefect love is an Ideal for which we are to strive, but never achieve. While this does not excuse our failures, our sights should be on overcoming those failures rather than wringing our hands about our failures in themselves.
Even when we are raised and the Old Man is truly banished from our being, We will still be limited in scope, even if perfected in intrinsic nature.
So yes, we are called to love all unconditionally, but in life that is aspirational.
It remains a thorn in our spiritual sides that we must confront every time we encounter someone that offends us in some way.

Hello Siloam;

I agree from reading your post and a question popped in my mind and wanted to ask everyone.

Keeping in mind we are not perfect but forgiven, how do we respond to the selfless brother or sister who does fail in our sight? I have witnessed good Christians who were devastated when a believer they know let down their heart, tongue, behavior or sinned. They couldn't grasp what they saw and it turned into anger.

Is this natural being challenged by Scripture, or is this our true character of judging others?

God bless you, brother.

Keeping in mind we are not perfect but forgiven, how do we respond to the selfless brother or sister who does fail in our sight? I have witnessed good Christians who were devastated when a believer they know let down their heart, tongue, behavior or sinned. They couldn't grasp what they saw and it turned into anger.

Is this natural being challenged by Scripture, or is this our true character of judging others?
first we toss this phrase around every day were not perfect but forgiven . are we perfect as in sinless ? NO WAY. .we are those who are in Christ are forgiven look at perfect what does scripture say about this?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. perfect is to be complete in him .

Philippians 3:12 (NKJV)

12 Not that I have already tattained [obtain ], 3or am already uperfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

do we judge others that are failure ? of course we do the old school teacher imagery . who pulls there glasses down to the end of the nose looking over them . a phrase a old time preacher man use to say . we have just enough oil to take care of ourselves . i struggle when i see others fall by the wayside. then my roster crows reminds me about my failure .

question how do we become complete in him ? discipleship abiding in the vine . we draw what we need being attached to the true vine .

we have flesh and we have spirit .our flesh likes to do what WE want the spirit leads us to do what God wants

when a bro is over taken in fault follow Galatian's 6:1 let me say sometimes its like pulling teeth when trying to bring some one back into the flock.
i had to do that a few weeks ago and i dreaded it i knew what it was going to be before i knocked on the door a post i seen on facebook said something like God church isn't in trouble mans church is

I have seldom felt called to judge others. I guess my own failures always loom larger in my mind. At most, I usually question why someone does or thinks the way they do and may say something to elicit an explanation.

As far as being hurt by observing a highly regarded Christian commit an obvious or flagrant sin, I always appreciated that we each are growing closer to a true image of christ, and that such failures just indicate growing room.

However, It is hard to love something that returns your love with scorn.

For myself, I can confess that my greatest hurt regarding the failure of brother Christians to love me is when I have fellowshipped and served side by side only to be judged harshly and without brotherly discussion when secondary doctrinal differences came up.

Looking back, these are the same brothers I had made definite decisions to support. My failure to continue with that congregation merely shows the limits of my commitment.

first we toss this phrase around every day were not perfect but forgiven . are we perfect as in sinless ? NO WAY. .we are those who are in Christ are forgiven look at perfect what does scripture say about this?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. perfect is to be complete in him .​

I think what is often forgotten is that not only are we forgiven but also perfect as we are robed in Christ's righteousness and not our own.

Hello Siloam;

I agree from reading your post and a question popped in my mind and wanted to ask everyone.

God bless you, brother.
It is important to remember that our relationship with Christ is (or at least should be) the basis for all our personal relationships, particularly when we fellowship in Christs name.

If we make the faith of others our foundation rather than an auxiliary source and outlet of brotherhood, we become vulnerable to the vagaries of other persons when it is the person of Christ that is a firm foundation.

Consider Demas, who was an associate of Paul:

In Philemon 1:24, Paul terms him a fellow laborer.

In Colossians 4:14, Paul mentions him with little embellishment.

But in 2 Timothy 4:10There appears to have been a falling away by Demos, near the end of Pauls life, we learn that Demos finally succumbed to the present world and abandoned Paul to return to Thessalonica.

Anyone that looked to the associates of Paul for their inspiration for living for Christ could be sorely hurt.

Back