Challenging Bible Scripture

we are robed in Christ's righteousness and not our own.
this is called sanctification 3 steps positional placed in the Body of CHRIST progressive w.i.p
we grow in His grace and knowledge and the finial stage { ultimate } we made it home. sanctified is becoming holy all this is possible Buy the redeeming Blood of Jesus . might i add before sanctified were justified and glorified

Last edited:
I wish there were more stronger emojis.
I would like to give 100 A+'s to some post or throw silver and gold at it.....lol

Sanctification is the hardest part of our walk with him. Sometimes it is also what hurts the most,as we are shaped by the Master potter as he removes things that are impure to set us apart for himself!

It is important to remember that our relationship with Christ is (or at least should be) the basis for all our personal relationships, particularly when we fellowship in Christs name. If we make the faith of others our foundation rather than an auxiliary source and outlet of brotherhood, we become vulnerable to the vagaries of other persons when it is the person of Christ that is a firm foundation.
Consider Demas, who was an associate of Paul: In Philemon 1:24, Paul terms him a fellow laborer. In Colossians 4:14, Paul mentions him with little embellishment. But in 2 Timothy 4:10There appears to have been a falling away by Demos, near the end of Pauls life, we learn that Demos finally succumbed to the present world and abandoned Paul to return to Thessalonica. Anyone that looked to the associates of Paul for their inspiration for living for Christ could be sorely hurt.

Good points, Siloam,

It's like getting our faith backwards when we let our spiritual guard down. It can happen!

this is called sanctification 3 steps positional placed in the Body of CHRIST progressive w.i.p
we grow in His grace and knowledge and the finial stage { ultimate } we made it home. sanctified is becoming holy all this is possible Buy the redeeming Blood of Jesus . might i add before sanctified were justified and glorified
I see it closer to ‘justification‘…
Imputed Righteousness of Christ is a concept in Christian theology proposing that the "righteousness of Christ ... is imputed to [believers] — that is, treated as if it were theirs through faith." It is on the basis of Jesus' righteousness that God accepts sinners. This acceptance is also referred to as justification.—Wiki

(Rom 4:3) For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS ACCOUNTED (credited) TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Something the Church has lost site of since the 1800s.

Last edited:
John 15:12 (NIV)
" My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Okay, let’s be honest not religious!!

Sometimes our fellow believers aren’t easy to love. Plus, did you notice that Jesus said we should love each other “as I have loved you.” Well, Jesus gave His life for us, so this is really extreme. He wants us to be willing to die for each other. Holy Cow!!!!

How in the world do we do that??? How do YOU put others’ needs ahead of your own.

Now feel free to disagree but I am thinking that the two areas that seem to affect us the most is pride and selfishness.

If we can learn and be able to put on humility and selflessness we might be able to live John 15:12.

Thoughts.............
Comradery amongst soldiers under life threatening situations (flesh and blood), often sacrifice themselves for others.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

. . . this is even more threatening, more reason to love each other.

I see it closer to ‘justification‘…

(Rom 4:3) For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS ACCOUNTED (credited) TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Something the Church has lost site of since the 1800s.
justification is same as forgiven sanctification is the process being made holy set apart for purpose . the Church has lost a lot

Comradery amongst soldiers under life threatening situations (flesh and blood), often sacrifice themselves for others.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Agreed. More than most people will ever know.

I can promise you that when men are under fire......there is NO thought about there country. Their only thought is for their buddy next to them!

Hello Peter Luke;

It's good to see you again and reading your post. 👍

"often sacrifice themselves for others. . . . this is even more threatening, more reason to love each other."

In those moments when we experienced sacrifice of ourselves for others, the thought of "reward" doesn't enter our hearts, but an incredible act that is very humbling for Christ. It's hard to describe.

Have others experienced this?

John 15:12 (NIV)
" My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Okay, let’s be honest not religious!!

Sometimes our fellow believers aren’t easy to love. Plus, did you notice that Jesus said we should love each other “as I have loved you.” Well, Jesus gave His life for us, so this is really extreme. He wants us to be willing to die for each other. Holy Cow!!!!

How in the world do we do that??? How do YOU put others’ needs ahead of your own.

Now feel free to disagree but I am thinking that the two areas that seem to affect us the most is pride and selfishness.

If we can learn and be able to put on humility and selflessness we might be able to live John 15:12.

Thoughts.............
Yes, Major, I believe that you really pointed out a sort of hypocrisy within us all (at least from the outside world) - that we know what the golden rules are and often preach them, and yet, is there a Christian out there that exemplifies such ideals?
Now, of course, hypocrisy is not entirely accurate, as it's more of a lofty ideal that we truly believe it is the greatest disposition for one to live by, but continuously fall short in attempting to attain to it.

And, I would agree; the main obstacles that impede our progress in love are pride and selfishness. For me, the path to emancipation from such worldly and destructive thoughts is transcending the temporal. That is, truly appreciating what Christ has done for all (in potential), and what God has offered as a reward, should instill a regard of gratitude and humility within us that would undermine any grounds that we have for thinking of ourselves as entitled, or superior in any manner.

But, as we continue to abide in the flesh, the struggles of living by the spirit will be ever present.

Romans 7:22-25
22For in my inner being I delight in God's law;23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?25Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Yes, Major, I believe that you really pointed out a sort of hypocrisy within us all (at least from the outside world) - that we know what the golden rules are and often preach them, and yet, is there a Christian out there that exemplifies such ideals?
Now, of course, hypocrisy is not entirely accurate, as it's more of a lofty ideal that we truly believe it is the greatest disposition for one to live by, but continuously fall short in attempting to attain to it.

And, I would agree; the main obstacles that impede our progress in love are pride and selfishness. For me, the path to emancipation from such worldly and destructive thoughts is transcending the temporal. That is, truly appreciating what Christ has done for all (in potential), and what God has offered as a reward, should instill a regard of gratitude and humility within us that would undermine any grounds that we have for thinking of ourselves as entitled, or superior in any manner.

But, as we continue to abide in the flesh, the struggles of living by the spirit will be ever present.

Romans 7:22-25
22For in my inner being I delight in God's law;23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?25Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

The older I get, the more convinced I am that Pride is the #1 obstacle of all people.

I am old enough to remember that when the preacher preached his heart out condemning sin and getting right with God, the alters at the front of the church would be filled with people confessing and praying and crying over their rebellion.

Today......the average church member does not even know what the "mourners alter" is much less use it.

The older I get, the more convinced I am that Pride is the #1 obstacle of all people.

I am old enough to remember that when the preacher preached his heart out condemning sin and getting right with God, the alters at the front of the church would be filled with people confessing and praying and crying over their rebellion.

Today......the average church member does not even know what the "mourners alter" is much less use it.
Yes, i would be inclined to accept that predicate, as ultimately, arrogance and pride is the epitome of defiance to God. Was that not the constitutional (biologically) change that occurred at the fall - man gaining the knowledge of good and evil, and thus becoming gods unto himself?

Yes, with the advent of this PC culture, it seems to have given license to your average church member to disregard both the condemnation and repentance that should be the main catalyst behind Christian salvation. The prosperity Gospel, for example, has destroyed the conviction of humility that the Church should be built upon.

The older I get, the more convinced I am that Pride is the #1 obstacle of all people. I am old enough to remember that when the preacher preached his heart out condemning sin and getting right with God, the alters at the front of the church would be filled with people confessing and praying and crying over their rebellion. Today......the average church member does not even know what the "mourners alter" is much less use it.
Yes, i would be inclined to accept that predicate, as ultimately, arrogance and pride is the epitome of defiance to God. Was that not the constitutional (biologically) change that occurred at the fall - man gaining the knowledge of good and evil, and thus becoming gods unto himself?
Yes, with the advent of this PC culture, it seems to have given license to your average church member to disregard both the condemnation and repentance that should be the main catalyst behind Christian salvation. The prosperity Gospel, for example, has destroyed the conviction of humility that the Church should be built upon.

Hello Major and DNB7;

I'm sad to say I agree wholeheartedly with you, brothers. Not in a negative way but in Truth.

Vanity… Definitely, my favorite sin,” said the Devil, a quote by Al Pacino. Though it was a movie it nudged my heart.

My wife and I felt led to visit other churches who are struggling in the SF Bay Area. My long time mentor pastor and another, our marriage counselor, suggested and advised this as our new Lead Pastor who succeeded me is transitioning in his new ministry as of January 2022. It would be healthy to take a break and attend other churches to get refreshed and hear the message from other ministers.

I felt the advice confirmed in my heart and it's humbling to let go as God leads our new pastor in our home church. (Major, I'm sure you may relate to this.)

We plan to visit other churches who are struggling with membership, no pastor or just had a major split. We hope to support them by visiting, sitting and worshiping.

Well, I just received a request from our Baptist Association if I could preach at a struggling church next month. At first I thought, Yes! I can preach from the pulpit! But after catching myself I went into prayer. God gave me a word, it's His church to serve, not to be up front and perform for old times. I spoke with my wife and we both agreed to visit this church and deliver the message.

But I have to confess there was a twinge of ego mixed with lack of condemnation or repentance, instead of doing the right thing.

We plan to return to our home church in October but as the Lord leads us. 2022 has definitely been a year of change for us.

God bless you, brothers.

Hello Major and DNB7;

I'm sad to say I agree wholeheartedly with you, brothers. Not in a negative way but in Truth.

Vanity… Definitely, my favorite sin,” said the Devil, a quote by Al Pacino. Though it was a movie it nudged my heart.

My wife and I felt led to visit other churches who are struggling in the SF Bay Area. My long time mentor pastor and another, our marriage counselor, suggested and advised this as our new Lead Pastor who succeeded me is transitioning in his new ministry as of January 2022. It would be healthy to take a break and attend other churches to get refreshed and hear the message from other ministers.

I felt the advice confirmed in my heart and it's humbling to let go as God leads our new pastor in our home church. (Major, I'm sure you may relate to this.)

We plan to visit other churches who are struggling with membership, no pastor or just had a major split. We hope to support them by visiting, sitting and worshiping.

Well, I just received a request from our Baptist Association if I could preach at a struggling church next month. At first I thought, Yes! I can preach from the pulpit! But after catching myself I went into prayer. God gave me a word, it's His church to serve, not to be up front and perform for old times. I spoke with my wife and we both agreed to visit this church and deliver the message.

But I have to confess there was a twinge of ego mixed with lack of condemnation or repentance, instead of doing the right thing.

We plan to return to our home church in October but as the Lord leads us. 2022 has definitely been a year of change for us.

God bless you, brothers.

Sounds like you are my next door neighbor brother.

My church honored me with the title of Pastor Emeritus when I retired. Now you need to realize that I live in Central Fl. and there are many, many old (Elderly) people who make up churches. They loved the old fashioned religion which is what I are.

When asked by our Director of Missions to fill in for him at various churches, I have now had to tell those churches before I begin to speak........
"I AM NOT AVAILABLE TO BE YOUR PASTOR". I am only going to be hear for a few Sunday's. I AM RETIRED and I am TIRED!

YOU know Robert, that Pastoring a few hundred people is a 24 hr, 7 day a week job and not just 1 hour on Sunday!

You see.....those churches are thirsting for the pure, unapologetic Word of God that strengthens their faith and confirms what they have believes for their whole lives instead of "feel good" sermonettes by precherittes.

Absolutely!

Pride is why Nimrod built all those Zingerones to heaven. He wanted to by pass Gods way.

Back