Christian Phrases You Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I really dislike more than everything else??????

"Well bless your heart"!!!
My son says that means, "Well you poor stupid little thing!" He never lived in the South, but where I lived there, it did, indeed mean that! And it dripped like honey off the sweetest lips! :D

If we don't invite them in then how will they learn? It's amazing to me how some Christians want church to be some sort of exclusive club of elite believers rather than a place to create baby believers.

I agree that if we treat the Church as a mere social club and exclude people who are trying to find their way in, then that's a huge problem. It's important to open the door to those who don't even feel they have a place.

That said, the bar shouldn't be lowered either to accommodate. While the Church is indeed for the sick, it is also our responding to God that's extremely important, and we need to keep in mind our we conduct ourselves in a time of worship.

If "all are welcome" means we want to bring everyone to God, then indeed, all are legitimately welcome. But if it means "don't worry about how you are and what you do, just come in," then I'd have to go against that sentiment.

If we don't invite them in then how will they learn? It's amazing to me how some Christians want church to be some sort of exclusive club of elite believers rather than a place to create baby believers.

Obviously, there comes a time in which babies in the Lord become mature adults in which they are sent out to teach others. Most think we are suppose to spend our entire lives bench warming a pew with our name engraved as our spot. Going to physical building as a Church is not suppose to be a career but a stepping stone.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I agree that if we treat the Church as a mere social club and exclude people who are trying to find their way in, then that's a huge problem. It's important to open the door to those who don't even feel they have a place.

That said, the bar shouldn't be lowered either to accommodate. While the Church is indeed for the sick, it is also our responding to God that's extremely important, and we need to keep in mind our we conduct ourselves in a time of worship.

If "all are welcome" means we want to bring everyone to God, then indeed, all are legitimately welcome. But if it means "don't worry about how you are and what you do, just come in," then I'd have to go against that sentiment.

I agree. That's the reason we're said not to associate with so called brothers who continue in their immoral behavior.

Obviously, there comes a time in which babies in the Lord become mature adults in which they are sent out to teach others. Most think we are suppose to spend our entire lives bench warming a pew with our name engraved as our spot. Going to physical building as a Church is not suppose to be a career but a stepping stone.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I'm not most, thankfully. I don't even go to church.

I agree. That's the reason we're said not to associate with so called brothers who continue in their immoral behavior.

It's one of those things that take caution. We should always show compassion and try to help them, but we also don't want to get sucked into things we ought to stay away from.

I'm not most, thankfully. I don't even go to church.

The Church is wherever we are. We are the Church not some building or gathering place. When I go to work I take the Church with me. Those who walk in the Spirit are never separated from one another as we are all one in Christ. As the Apostle Paul tells us.....

Php 1:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

If we do not understand this, then we need to be taught by a teacher in whom God has anointed to bring revelation to who and where we are in the Spirit.

This is irony defined, or a walking contradiction, however you want to look it. Who will invite them to church, and thankfully I don't even go to church. Why do you care if they get invited if you "thankfully" don't attend?

The Church is wherever we are. We are the Church not some building or gathering place. When I go to work I take the Church with me. Those who walk in the Spirit are never separated from one another as we are all one in Christ. As the Apostle Paul tells us.....

Php 1:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

If we do not understand this, then we need to be taught by a teacher in whom God has anointed to bring revelation to who and where we are in the Spirit.

If we don't understand? Don't you mean if I don't understand? Say what you want to say instead of beating around the bush.

This is irony defined, or a walking contradiction, however you want to look it. Who will invite them to church, and thankfully I don't even go to church. Why do you care if they get invited if you "thankfully" don't attend?
Because I don't associate with immoral people. That's why I don't go to a building full of Christians.

The people are the Church, but there's more than just that.
Though you'll find many of us in here have a different perspectives of what the Church is.

The people are the Church, but there's more than just that.
Though you'll find many of us in here have a different perspectives of what the Church is.

The Church is not an institution, or a building that is made of brick and mortar. It is a people who belong to God in whom he has inscribed His name upon designating that they are His.

The Church is not an institution, or a building that is made of brick and mortar. It is a people who belong to God in whom he has inscribed His name upon designating that they are His.

I agree that it is the people*. I also hold the position that is it also something invisible -- there's a spirit to the Church which is infallible.

I'm only expressing my belief and that many people here hold different beliefs regarding what the Church is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back