Compromise

Compromise

Black is black and white is white. But in this day and age too many think there is only gray areas, situational ethics, as the world calls it. We are to let the light of God shine. But compromise and sin will cause that light to grow dim. There is compromise everywhere, not only in Christians’ lives but preachers also, although they may appear to walk upright. Some things we can see outwardly but much is within the person that needs to be dealt with

Matthew 7:13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it

Colossians 1:10That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing

We can’t go along with the crowd because they follow the flesh and do what is not pleasing to God. It may not be popular to go against the grain, but we are not here to be popular but to let His Life show forth through us.

Romans 8:6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God

If we are just like the world why would they want to be saved or come to God? They could just stay as they are. If we do not walk righteously and continue to walk in the light when others yield to temptations we will not be a good example of the Lord. They need to see something different in us and they won’t if we act like and talk just like everyone else.

2 Corinthians 6:16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Joseph didn’t compromise but ran from Potiphar’s wife. He was falsely accused, yet he was faithful to God’s principles. If we do the same God will reward us and set us on high as He did Joseph. Even in the prison he was given authority.

Be like Daniel when he was threatened to be thrown in the firey furnace. Don’t bow to any other god no matter how bad it may look. We can’t bow to the false gods and idols of this world, we can’t compromise our principles and God’s standards. If we stay true to the Lord and stand up for Him, He will deliver us.

Even if it doesn’t look good for us, those instances when you are not delivered but have to go through the fire you will be rewarded and come out without even the smell of smoke on you.

Black and white says we are all sinners and must die .

to black and white . grace looks gray .

but really .. it is all the colours of the rainbow we were missing before .

Good post and yes , we cannot comprimise . We are the salt and light of the world but if we loose our saltyness ( and I know we just talked about that ) but what good would we be ?

Some think by doing what the croud does that they have good freinds , but bottom line is who is our Personal Friend and what would He do . ? You and I know the answer to that. . I think this issue is so important for young people to grasp because sometimes they think their friends are the end all and be all and in order for them to be popular , they let their guard down .
We can’t go along with the crowd because they follow the flesh and do what is not pleasing to God. It may not be popular to go against the grain, but we are not here to be popular but to let His Life show forth through us.

Romans 8:6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God

We cannot comprimise when we know it will hurt Jesus . And we do not want to hurt Him .

Yes they do. It's peer pressure and it's not only teenagers that give in to it but also adult. They don't want to be the odd ball or to be ridiculed.

We cannot comprimise when we know it will hurt Jesus . And we do not want to hurt Him .

That's what we need to think about. We don't want to hurt the ones we love and especially THE One we love most

Hi Dusty,

Define hurting Jesus?

Jesus is God .. how are we going to hurt Him?

Jesus became sin so we would be the righteousness of God .. what could we possibly do that would intimidate Him?

Michael . It says in the Bible that if we are not following Jesus example we can grieve Him . He is concerned about us and although He loves us we can still do things that do not line up with the Word of God . But when we ask for forgiveness , He is always there to forgive.

Right from the beginning of time we see that God can be grieved .... What is grief ... Hurt .

Genesis 6:6
The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Right from the beginning of time we see that God can be grieved .... What is grief ... Hurt .

The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain.

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Hmm you're showing the Holy Spirit can be grieved . but Jesus said .

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Please provide scriptural evidence of Jesus' hurt feelings .

Michael
When we do something wrong it grieves Him. What that is refering to is blasphemy and just because we do something we shouldn't is not the same as that.

For example:
You have not blasphemed or spoken against Jesus or the Holy Spirit. But I'm sure you would admit just as we all can that none of us are perfect and we do mess up sometimes.

I hope it's alright if I join this interesting discussion.

It is established by the quoted verse of GS that the God the Father can be grieved:

So, if that was felt by the Father, the Son would have the same feeling on the matter because:

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the
express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
Heb 1:2-3

The Father and Son have similar characteristics or attributes. So if God is happy with Christians obeying His will, so is Christ. If the Father is grieved by man's sin, so is the Son.

The word to grieve means to make someone sorrowful.... therfore The Lord Jesus was made sorrowful.
John 11:35
When He approached Jerusalem, He saw the city and wept over it,
John 13:21
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

I wasn't denying that the Holy Spirit can be grieved .

but you know from the John Letter that by confessing your sins Jesus forgives them out of His faithfulness

and (something feels odd ..) from the sermon on the Mount that the Father only forgives your sins if you forgive other people

and the Holy Spirit .. generally only speaks if you try to insult the name/honour of the Holy Spirit .

So it is clear that the Holy Spirit can be "grieved" by us working against the work of the Holy Spirit by continually sinning .. but the bible does not make it so clear that Jesus is that way .

I'm also unconvinced of guilt trip theology . but that's another matter altogether .

The word to grieve means to make someone sorrowful.... therfore The Lord Jesus was made sorrowful.
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

In context ..

John 11:34-36 (New International Version)

34"Where have you laid him?" he asked.
"Come and see, Lord," they replied.
35Jesus wept.
36Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"

John 13:20-22 (New International Version)

20I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."
21After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, "I tell you the truth, one of you is going to betray me."
22His disciples stared at one another, at a loss to know which of them he meant.

So that Lazarus died and the thought of betrayal seemed to grieve Him . I think the betrayal part still carries over . as it is written "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints"

(okay that doesn't really address the issue, but this one does: )

Luke 19:41-46 (King James Version)

41And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
43For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
44And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
45And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;
46Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.

what this communicates to me is .. when the religious elite make up a system that rejects Him and gets in the way of His prophetic mandates .. then this grieves Him .

I mean the more one reads the gospels . and sees what Jesus was up against .. does this sound like a religion familiar to anyone?

It is established by the quoted verse of GS that the God the Father can be grieved:

So, if that was felt by the Father, the Son would have the same feeling on the matter because:

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

The Father and Son have similar characteristics or attributes. So if God is happy with Christians obeying His will, so is Christ. If the Father is grieved by man's sin, so is the Son.

Exxcellent , John and that was the point I was going to come back to but got busy yesterday and others took over . Thanks

and the Holy Spirit .. generally only speaks if you try to insult the name/honour of the Holy Spirit .

And originally I was not talking about blaspheming the Holy Spirit . Those are two separate instances . I was talking about God being hurt over conditions on the earth or grieving and we see that all through the Old Testament when the Israelites were disobedient .

Well, it's alright Dusty, i think i already illustrated that Jesus can be grieved in my previous post .

i was just noticing a difference in what grieves whom and was kind of making it a .. let's get to know God better kind of thing .

thank you :)

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Of course it's alright John. And thanks for those verses. Jesus came to show us what the Father is like, and they are always in unity so however Father feels and thinks thats how Jesus feels and thinks

Well, it's alright Dusty, i think i already illustrated that Jesus can be grieved in my previous post .

i was just noticing a difference in what grieves whom and was kind of making it a .. let's get to know God better kind of thing .

thank you :)

No problem , Michael ... I'm cool with that . We are all here in a quest to know Jesus better and each one brings something to the table to be discussed and it is a wonderful learning process. God Bless .

Thanks .... a wonderful example .

Amen . He's full of compassion. Since we were made in His image, He made us with feelings beause he also has feelings.

GodSpeaks said:
Matthew 7:13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Psalm 118:19Open to me the [temple] gates of righteousness; I will enter through them, and I will confess and praise the Lord. 20This is the gate of the Lord; the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall enter through it.

Isaiah 26:2
Open the gates, that the [uncompromisingly] righteous nation which keeps her faith and her troth [with God] may enter in.

Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day [to be prepared].

Proverbs 13:9
The light of the [uncompromisingly] righteous [is within him--it grows brighter and] rejoices, but the lamp of the wicked [furnishes only a derived, temporary light and] shall be put out shortly

Psalm 97:10
O you who love the Lord, hate evil; He preserves the lives of His saints (the children of God), He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked. 11Light is sown for the [uncompromisingly] righteous and strewn along their pathway, and joy for the upright in heart [the irrepressible joy which comes from consciousness of His favor and protection]. 12Rejoice in the Lord, you [consistently] righteous (upright and in right standing with God), and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.

Psalm 140:13
Surely the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence (before Your very face)

Psalm 92:12
The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible].

Back