Confused, not sure what to do

Confused, not sure what to do

Okay so here is the deal. I have lost so many people in my life, so very many deaths in the family, loss of friends, and other relationships. Right now I'm going through hard times too. My girlfriend, whom I have been going out with for a year and a half doesn't want to be with me any more. We have both been praying and she feels like we're not supposed to be together, and I feel like she is the one God wants me to spend the reset of my life with. I know the phrase, if you love something let it go and it will come back to you, but it's really hard for me to let people go. She is going to leave me tomorrow, and I'm trying to get her to stay with me just one more week so we can pray about it and know what God wants us to do. We are both Christians, and have been for years. I just don't know what to do. My heart is in my stomach and I fear that I will lose someone else in my life. Now I also know that whatever happens I still have God there to comfort me, and I have also told my girlfriend that no matter what I will always be committed to her. I will not be with anyone else, unless I really feel God calling me to someone else. What do I do?

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. Unfortunately, she has made a decision. It may be that after she leaves she will realize what she is missing and it may not. But you must trust God either way. He has plans for you that are good and not evil. He will never test you beyond what you can bear. Pray for stronger shoulders to carry this burden, but also, ask the Lord to carry it for you. We are to cast our cares on him. As hard as that is to do, you must accept the situation for what it is and pray to God to help you get through it. Again, I'm sorry for what you are going through, I know it is a heart-wrenching time.

If your relationship does not work out, one day you'll find someone even better, and then you'll be glad that it happened.

If not.... well the sadness you have in your life is nothing when compared to the life you'll have after death. Its going to be a difficult road, but God can help you. God will never make you endure more sadness then you can handle.

Yep when I lost the girl I loved I thought the world would end but it didn't. This in no way diminishes your pain at the time or my sympathy. The point is if I would not have lost that person I would have never went out with my now wife of 28 years. as hard as it seems it is best to realize that God has a plan and live your life trusting in Him- I pray God comforts your heart- Larry

Thank you guys :) Your words really do help me. One of the reasons it hurts me so much is cause I was going to ask her to marry me sometime within the next few months. But I'm going to keep my faith in God, and I know things will work out, even if they don't work out how I want them to, I know whatever happens it is for the best.

I pray

for the spirit of abandonment to leave you right now. God has a way of making us deal with things on order to make us whole.
in marriage two halfs don't make a whole. concerntrate on what God has for you the very best.

Just an update, she did leave me last night, and I found out she wanted to be with her old best friend. I have no hard feelings against either one, and I still told my ex that I'm still committed to her like I promised and I forgive her.

Just an update, she did leave me last night, and I found out she wanted to be with her old best friend. I have no hard feelings against either one, and I still told my ex that I'm still committed to her like I promised and I forgive her.

When one member hurts in the body, we all hurt. But don't let that get you down brother, cause God has a purpose and a plan for all this a purpose not to harm you. We know that down the line when we trust Him ... all things work together for them that love him. Keep your eyes focused on Him and He will bring you through this valley in your life. Blessing to you brother.

pray.jpg

Okay so another update. She found out the other guy she liked was being a jerk to me and she got upset with him. Now she's not sure what to do. I know she still has feelings for me, and of course I still have feelings for her. I know it's wrong, but I keep trying to get her to come back to me. I just need prayer that I can just back off and let her make her own decision and that I will learn to be more patient about things.

Praying for you Irishman that God will show you the right decision and not your own desires.:groupray:

Back