Conversation With An Atheist

I'm reading everyone's teaching and experience of atheism and would like to add a twist of this topic in my early witness to the disbelievers of God.

One time in the late 80s I was witnessing to a man and he didn't believe in Jesus Christ but said Jesus was a good man. I took offense at that and rebuked him and raised my voice contentiously. Supposedly, I was defending my Lord and Savior.

Another time in the mid 90s a man I was sharing Christ with told me I was getting too emotional and quoting Scriptures. He finally exploded and told me to F OFF!

Back in the 80s and mid 90s as I was doing street and community witnessing, (wherever the Lord led me,) those of you who were at one time an atheist, in my heart you were losers in my eyes. I was an arrogant hypocrite because as a Christian I had my own sins.

Like MM I too was too much of a fighter. Problem is, I didn't exercise the Armor of God, but relied on my anger and arrogance because I felt like I was talking over these people, especially the ones who were atheists.

There were lessons that I didn't pay attention to. In my late 30s I finally shut up and listened to a former pastor who witnessed my attitude and helped me understand why so many people didn't believe in God for so, so many variety of reasons.

MM made a point regarding aimlessness and hopelessness. Most atheists whose backs are up against the wall (challenges of life) would cry out loud in secret to whom they don't know and out of desperation rely on themselves.

As alxb0521 shared, atheists can give an array of bad vibes so we should not underestimate the damage atheism can bring to the world and our self. We're not messing around here, the battle is serious stuff!

Siloam shared something that hit home for all of us. We all have our enslavement to sin, but "the deeper, more fundamental and more eternal issue is the relationship with Christ."

What I am saying is before we cross paths with atheists, other false religions, etc..we will go through growing pains and at some point we will be equipped for Christ's glory.

God bless
you all.

Bob, what I've learned to do more than talking is listen to them when face to face. They tell their story when facing someone willing to listen. That's how I learn about where they are in life and what brand of atheism they embrace.

Thanks for sharing, bro. Much appreciated.

MM

Losers? That's ok Bob, if you had encountered me in your street witnessing, in the '60's I would have thought, "Now there's one of those societal brainwashed individuals conforming to the establishment and is probably a spy for the Pigs. LOL, and then if you had tried witnessing to me, I would have asked, "How could that book you are carrying be God's Word when it was written by man?

Bob, what I've learned to do more than talking is listen to them when face to face. They tell their story when facing someone willing to listen. That's how I learn about where they are in life and what brand of atheism they embrace.

Thanks for sharing, bro. Much appreciated.

MM
Hey brothers,

(I knew crossnote would say something) Yikes! lol! Like I said, I was such a knucklehead! I forgot to mention I talked more than listen back in the day which was one of my growing pains as a witness.

Thanks,
guys! šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

I would have asked, "How do you know what you have never experienced? I believe in the One who experienced what REALLY happens, and He said otherwise..."

MM
she would just look at you blankly and then change the topic or just say I believe in myself. That's all. There is no God.

And then point out that you messed up the kitchen again.

she would just look at you blankly and then change the topic or just say I believe in myself. That's all. There is no God.

And then point out that you messed up the kitchen again.

Yes. Tit-for-tat is actually a common tactic among those who can't defend their beliefs. Stoic declarations for the negative denials of God's existence prove nothing, as you know. One might then say that the loved one will not see it as their duty to prove anything, and that they don't really care to prove anything, "This is what I believe, and nothing anybody else thinks matters to me."

Wow. That's a horrible level of non-thought. It's an indicator that they've let the enemy of their souls win the battle...so far.

Some people likely see atheists as being a challenge to their wit. Not me. I don't have any wit worth utilizing against an enemy far more powerful than myself. I listen to their thoughts (if they're willing to share them), ask some leading questions, listen some more, and just get a feel for where they are and the source of their pain. I had told Bob that I'm too much a fighter. What I meant by that is I'm too much a fighter for others, not to fight just for the sake of fighting. He likely got it, but it still bears saying.

Where it's written that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against the Church, this is one such front, from how I see it all. These people are hiding behind gates that cannot withstand our assaults. I will fight to get the enemy pushed back so that I can then discern from the individual what it is they want, and where they are in life and thought. If they're too spiritually damaged for me to do any good, that's when prayer becomes necessary. The Master Healer of our souls is sometimes the only One who can do them any good to nudge them into the right direction, but, still, the individual will make their own decisions.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir in all this, and therefore just running my mouth (so to speak) through my fingers. However, I often find myself at odds to some out there who are not fighters, and therefore don't see any reason to wage war against unbelief. Maybe their gifting is helps, or even healing and raising from the dead. Cool. I'm all for that if such is the will of the Lord through them. Cessationalistic beliefs will never govern the will of God. It's just a doctrine, and nothing more, that some embrace. The spiritual sword in my hands was put there by the Most High. THIS is my gifting. When it comes to gifting, I'm multi-gifted. I sometimes do helps, and disciple new believers to maturity in faith and knowledge of the teachings handed to us from Christ and His apostles...and I raise the dead...atheist that is, from their spiritual grave of death. I don't always succeed, but there have been some successes, even if it was simply my having started a work the Lord completed through others.

It's always a pleasure to converse with you, Lanolin, or at you...(big grin). It's great that we all can sharpen our giftings with each other.

MM

Last edited:
As pointed out witnessing to the unsaved can be dangerous, and we as humans need to remember this fact. There are a lot of demons out in this world that wish to bring harm to the body of Christ. Prayer does not make us immune to the wrath of angry people whom despise us. Just a reminder for some not to purposely put themselves into harms way.

True. It is so dangerous that Jesus Gave the apostles the ability to speak in the languages of the people they went to, and to drink poisonous water, and survive snake bite to spread the gospel.

All we have is cars.

As pointed out witnessing to the unsaved can be dangerous, and we as humans need to remember this fact. There are a lot of demons out in this world that wish to bring harm to the body of Christ. Prayer does not make us immune to the wrath of angry people whom despise us. Just a reminder for some not to purposely put themselves into harms way.

Dangerous but necessary. The largest missionary field in the world in the church congregations that meet on Sunday and Sat.

Dangerous but necessary. The largest missionary field in the world in the church congregations that meet on Sunday and Sat.

Major, I wish others knew and understood just how correct that statement really is in light of reality. Whether we've stood in those pulpits or not, which I have, very few of the so-called "laity" recognize what you said as fact.

MM

Yes, and some of that danger stands behind the pulpits...

2 Peter 2:1 (KJV) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Yes, and some of that danger stands behind the pulpits...

2 Peter 2:1 (KJV) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

I agree.

There are some men today standing behind God's sacred stand who have yellow streak down their back as wide as I-95.

Major, I wish others knew and understood just how correct that statement really is in light of reality. Whether we've stood in those pulpits or not, which I have, very few of the so-called "laity" recognize what you said as fact.

MM

Thank you brother. You see......people do the natural thing. They see a man all dressed up and sitting in church every Sunday morning. By appearance he is a good man, a Christian man and we respect him.

Appearances do not matter when it comes to being a child of God. We are saved from the inside out!!!!!

However.......ugly is more than skin deep, it goes all the way to the bone.

I can't abide that image.
I read about the JFK shootings where that actually happened, JFK got shot and his brains fell out all over the First Lady. I can never understand why someone would do that.

I mean, with Jesus it was crucifixtion, which was terrible, but at least they didn't shoot him in the head.

I read about the JFK shootings where that actually happened, JFK got shot and his brains fell out all over the First Lady. I can never understand why someone would do that.

I mean, with Jesus it was crucifixtion, which was terrible, but at least they didn't shoot him in the head.

To the enemy, it's all about destroying, no matter by what means. Like it's written, he kills steals and destroys. His hatred of God for rejecting his offer to be "like God" proved too much, and it pushed him over the edge into what he is now.

MM

My reference to 'brains falling out' was aimed at liberal theologians who water down the truth of God's Word, they no longer have common sense (hence their brains fall out). It has nothing to do with JFK or Christ's crucifixion (except their denial of its efficacy).

My reference to 'brains falling out' was aimed at liberal theologians who water down the truth of God's Word, they no longer have common sense (hence their brains fall out). It has nothing to do with JFK or Christ's crucifixion (except their denial of its efficacy).

What is really sad is that you had to explain that!

Did you read the part where the Roman guards placed a crown of thorns on His head????

Do you think that the crown was gently placed onto His head?
Do you think that the thorns were removed?
Do you think that He was given a pain killer to ease the pain?

Romans guards who had beaten Him, whipped Him with 39 strips, then PUCSHED a crown made of thorns INTO His head!

The only thing missing here is the sound of the gun going off my dear!

Back