Conversation With An Atheist

I can confirm that. In every discussion with atheists which I had, they behave like... yes, exactly, like worms... trying to "evade" every reasonable discussion and just want to stay in their world view. And if everything fails, they insult you.

crossnote, I know what God thinks about atheism. May be my posts created a misunderstanding? I do not argue in favor of atheism. Atheism is a clever and and probably most powerful deception and lie which Satan generated. The fruits of this lie are evident over the past 150 years and more is to come (in my opinion).

Agreed. MY church is 2 miles away from Stetson University. I can not begin to tell you how many conversations I have had with college students who know everything there is to know in this world.

The athiests I encountered tend to be vociferous about their atheism or incredulous or just not interested.

For example, my mum has said several times 'when I die, that's the end'. And she's just not interested in discussing it. So even if I try to bring up any topic, like ok if you die, what do I do for your funeral. How do you want it? She doesn't want to talk about it. Ignore it and it goes away according to her.

I would have asked, "How do you know what you have never experienced? I believe in the One who experienced what REALLY happens, and He said otherwise..."

MM

Agreed. MY church is 2 miles away from Stetson University. I can not begin to tell you how many conversations I have had with college students who know everything there is to know in this world.

HAH! I didn't wait till I was in university to declare I know everything. In high school, I knew MORE than everything...I knew things that just ain't!

MM

I would have asked, "How do you know what you have never experienced? I believe in the One who experienced what REALLY happens, and He said otherwise..."

MM
Dad, "I'm not religious, don't give me that religious stuff!"
Me, "What happens to a person after they die?"
Dad, "Worm food!"
Me, "Then that is your religion".

(A person's view of the afterlife, pretty much reveals their religion.)

HAH! I didn't wait till I was in university to declare I know everything. In high school, I knew MORE than everything...I knew things that just ain't!

MM

The real funny thing is that once I was speaking with 3 of the science students (freshmen) and they all agree that for a theory to be a proven fact it had to be "repeated".

I simply asked them to repeat evolution and when would they be able to show it to me. The silence was deafening.

The athiests I encountered tend to be vociferous about their atheism or incredulous or just not interested.

For example, my mum has said several times 'when I die, that's the end'. And she's just not interested in discussing it. So even if I try to bring up any topic, like ok if you die, what do I do for your funeral. How do you want it? She doesn't want to talk about it. Ignore it and it goes away according to her.
Yes, that is not nice. Especially if it is a family member. My younger sister is an atheist too. There also any conversations are fruitless.

And I had to look up "vociferous". :)

I did not mean "you" as a person. Humanity I guess would have been a better word there.

So then....Man, Humanity in general has accepted the theory Evolution as the explanation of why we are what we are simply because they (humanity) will not accept the God creates ALL things.

Does that help your understanding???
Ahh, I see! Thank you very much for the reply. I really thought that you meant me.

Thanks for clarifying!

The password thing however remains unclear ;-)

alxb

Yes, that is not nice. Especially if it is a family member. My younger sister is an atheist too. There also any conversations are fruitless.

I'm not much of a fan of the "give-up-n-pray" for them mentality. I guess I'm too much a fighter...at least up to the point they say they don't want conversations about any of that part of life. They are then on their own. My half brother is like that, which tells me that he's fully willing to accept the responsibility for what he has chosen to believe. I pray for him and that wife of his every now and then, but don't know if that wall exterior some people build up about themselves are of the variety that the Lord will also leave them be.

(shurg)

I dunno...

MM

I'm not much of a fan of the "give-up-n-pray" for them mentality. I guess I'm too much a fighter...at least up to the point they say they don't want conversations about any of that part of life. They are then on their own. My half brother is like that, which tells me that he's fully willing to accept the responsibility for what he has chosen to believe. I pray for him and that wife of his every now and then, but don't know if that wall exterior some people build up about themselves are of the variety that the Lord will also leave them be.

(shurg)

I dunno...

MM
I guess I should also fight more...

(shurg)

I dunno...

MM

Rather than give up and pray, how about respectfully engage in love?

Do you have any heart for the people you are talking with? What would you consider a positive or beneficial discussion, and what would the results be whether immediate, near term, within the lives of those persons, or in their final disposition?

It sounds to me like you are playing 'stump the atheist', and only accepting evidence that supports your position, and rejecting all else, along with whom ever puts it forward.

Do you feel good about asking a question they cannot answer to your personal satisfaction?

Do you show respect for your prospective brother?

Do you ever get around to man's need for Christ, His love for all men, and His provision to supply the spiritual need and each?

Do you have any heart for the people you are talking with? What would you consider a positive or beneficial discussion, and what would the results be whether immediate, near term, within the lives of those persons, or in their final disposition?

It sounds to me like you are playing 'stump the atheist', and only accepting evidence that supports your position, and rejecting all else, along with whom ever puts it forward.

Do you feel good about asking a question they cannot answer to your personal satisfaction?

Do you ever get around to man's need for Christ, His love for all men, and His provision to supply the spiritual need and each?

Actually, I feel fantastic about it. You see, I told that Gary fella that I'm engaging him on all this because I love them too much to not say anything, and at least give opportunity to first ask them about their journey that got them to where they are, and then begin discussing reasons for faith, and finding out why they disbelieve in order to embrace such things as evolutionary bias and non-science.

There's so much you simply didn't see in my conversations with them. You only saw a small little bit of the overall discussion. I was simply sharing with others some of the stronger reasonings that strike at the root of atheism's lies and deceptions. They appeared hostile to you, perhaps, but only because you never saw the entire discussion we all had. I didn't see any reason to re-post all that since most people's reading time is limited.

So, don't write me off because of appearances. Take what I said about my overall approach and at least give me some credit for having already done what you stated as what you consider the better approach. Already done all that. I've mentioned all this before, but you seem to have overlooked it in leu of whatever campaign you're on. I'd appreciate you considering this, if you would.

MM

I actually wrote out a simple "guide" to salvation on a piece of paper and taped it to my brothers bedroom door.
It included biblical verses in reference. I asked him if he knew he was going to heaven after both of our parents passed.
It stayed on his door untouched for weeks until he finally read it and asked me what the "f" it was, and why I left it there.
I told him I wanted to know that he would be in heaven with us one day, and that choice was his.
I left him Gods clear message, and its up to Him to soften my brothers heart.

Sometimes thats all we can do with the hard headed whom choose to listen to little anyone wishes to say about it. I wonder if he kept that note.

What he doesn't realize is that if the Lord still desires to deal with him, being so hard-hearted about it can be a driver for what level of hardship He may push against your brother. His expletives may be a cover for some other deeper hurts he's too "manly" to admit to his sister. The hard exterior shell can be broken, and my, my; when that's shattered, the resulting thankful heart thereafter can be a beautiful thing to behold. Pray, love and wait to see what the Lord does.

MM

Ahh, I see! Thank you very much for the reply. I really thought that you meant me.

Thanks for clarifying!

The password thing however remains unclear ;-)

alxb

The password thing is a running joke. Crossnote came up with that after I said someone else could contact if they knew my password "Br549."

BR549 is the phone number that Jr. Samples gave out on the old Hew Ha show in the 60', from his used car lot.

Actually, I feel fantastic about it. You see, I told that Gary fella that I'm engaging him on all this because I love them too much to not say anything, and at least give opportunity to first ask them about their journey that got them to where they are, and then begin discussing reasons for faith, and finding out why they disbelieve in order to embrace such things as evolutionary bias and non-science.

There's so much you simply didn't see in my conversations with them. You only saw a small little bit of the overall discussion. I was simply sharing with others some of the stronger reasonings that strike at the root of atheism's lies and deceptions. They appeared hostile to you, perhaps, but only because you never saw the entire discussion we all had. I didn't see any reason to re-post all that since most people's reading time is limited.

So, don't write me off because of appearances. Take what I said about my overall approach and at least give me some credit for having already done what you stated as what you consider the better approach. Already done all that. I've mentioned all this before, but you seem to have overlooked it in leu of whatever campaign you're on. I'd appreciate you considering this, if you would.

MM

I understand! I have been there and done it as well. I hope it turns out well for you and your friend!

My own heart is that I tend to keep coming back to those that wan me to disapear because I love them and the thought of what might happen is overbearing at times.

Blessing my brother MM!

My dear brother Siloam....I do not have a dog in this hunt, but do ya think you might want to rethink your questions?

I guess I should also fight more...

I would suggest that if you do fight, remember who you are in combat with.

Any lost man is already in fellowship with Satan because he is the prince of the power of the air.

Any time you witness to anyone......may I suggest that you always keep Jesus in front of that person and focus on what that lost person's problem is......SIN.

A man is lost because he refuses to accept Christ? WHY is that. Because the lost man loves his sin and Satan uses sin to control the lost man.

Bless your efforts my friend!

Back