Coronavirus spreading around the world

Revelation 9:15 and 9:18 were the verses I was considering, also in 9:4, they were told not to kill those sealed for and by God. This pandemic is killing all without any concerns for Christians. just the biblical reasons I dont think this is an end times pandemic, I hope it does turn many to Christ.

I don't think any of us knew that when we turned the clocks forward this year from Standard Time, that we would end up in the Twilight Zone. Take care and be well.

Amen!

I predict that by the end of the year......this will all be a new Stephen King movie and problem Tom Hanks will be the star.

Lanolin. I have come to this forum in a spirit of reconciliation and to allow grace its correct place. At the moment the Coronavirus pandemic is not on the scale of the biblical plagues were 1/3 will die to each one. For None Believers in the spiritual sense we are in the end times. However if we are in the days of judgement, we will see obvious signs and they are not there. I was very careful also not to belittle anyone's genuine fear, and I still dont. It is a worrying time. I would also like to say the word ... actually... should be used sparingly as it conveys the sentiment that the person using it is superior, intellectually and that only they have all the facts. As I say in my Bio, Im sixty one and learnt that lesson, ad its consequences, so I would only ask that you consider other options, the word perhaps is one Im finding more useful. Perhaps, you could look at this viewpoint. Sorry if you felt offended, after checking I dont think my post was.

Agreed! God bless you for joining us my brother!

Actually, if we think about it, We have been in the Last Days since Jesus died on the cross, but this virus is NOT one of the plagues we see in the Revelation.

Unfortunately, some people see what they want to see in events that take place and that always leads to fear of the unknown.

I for one have no fear! I do not have any idea what will happen tomarrow, but the only thing that matters is that I KNOW who brings tomarrow!

Revelation 9:15 and 9:18 were the verses I was considering, also in 9:4, they were told not to kill those sealed for and by God. This pandemic is killing all without any concerns for Christians. just the biblical reasons I dont think this is an end times pandemic, I hope it does turn many to Christ.

Agreed. For this to be a Biblical judgement of God from the Revelation...….we as Christians would not be here to experience it.

We see in Revelation 6:8 that in the future God will send illnesses as a part of His judgment.

When we study the FOR Horsemen of chapter 6 we clearly see that After the judgments of war and famine that will cause an unprecedented number of deaths on the earth, because of disease that follows as it always does.

The great flu pandemic of 1918 was the result of all the terrible and filthy conditions in the trenches of WW1. Decomposing bodies not properly handled led to dysentery, hepatitis, tuberculosis and the FLU.

Also, IMO, the reference to “wild beasts” may very well be a reference to an animal-borne plague such as bubonic plague, swine flu, and possibly the coronavirus which most people now say came from the open meat markets in the Chinese culture.

Major, I think, we will see some changes in behaviour at least in the short term. This will likely be about fear of catching a virus, rather than turning to God, but we can remain hopeful as many are searching the web for on line sermons and services. So Prayer for God breathed sermons is important>

well if anyone has a Bible they don't even need an online sermon they can just read the Bible out loud for themselves and others to hear.

And if they've memorised scripture all the better. Otherwise there are many ways God will speak to people, often in dreams if there is no scripture.

With the beasts, they are all predatory beasts - lion, bear, leopard and dragon. Top of the food chain beasts. Beasts in Revelation can refer to empires. A lot of this virus will hinge on what the bigger nations will do the biggest being China of course, which has traditonally worshipped the dragon. The british empire had always had the lion as it's 'king' beast I don't know about the other two but Russia seems to have been associated with the bear. The beast with seven heads and ten horns is like an amalgamation of all those powerful empires/nations that control its people.

many theologians like to speculated about a 'revived Roman empire' and I always wonder where they get that from. But this virus then did go to Italy where Rome is and then spread out to the european nations. It's the island nations like Tonga and Cook Islands where they didn't have international visitors and trade or they closed early where it's still virus free.

We know that Britain wanted to exit the EU which they at first wanted to be part of a big trade deal. People want to trade, at first its cool having new stuff they've never seen before but then they get greedy and idolatrous about it. And it's not even fair trade. People give up huge tracts of good land for some measly guns etc. Or they offer drugs in return for tea or something stupid like that.

Yes, Lanolin, so you have hit my point that links to the other thread. The system of Govt we choose Capitalism, liberalism, are not the issue, it is sin. Any form of Government will soon have those who try to use it for their convenience and ends. I have an app 100 Great Speeches form the USA, Try Wiki for the speech By Franklin G Roosevelt from the "Commonwealth Club" . I wont say anything, see what you think?

Sorry I haven't caught up with this in a while..
The commonwealth, well NZ is actually part of the Commonwealth of nations. It was set up by Queen Elizabeth 2 after the British Empire sort of dismantled and nations became independent. She's still the titular head but doesn't have the jursidiction or parliamentary powers over these nations anymore. England still is subject to her though and pays taxes/tributes to keep the family afloat.
The Queen actually had to start paying taxes herself in the last decade lol.

The people that get rich these days are still the lawyers, and modern day scribes and pharisees I guess. And tax collectors...

Major, I think, we will see some changes in behaviour at least in the short term. This will likely be about fear of catching a virus, rather than turning to God, but we can remain hopeful as many are searching the web for on line sermons and services. So Prayer for God breathed sermons is important>

Agreed. The things in the Revelation that John says will come about, will not take place over night.....IMO. It will be more of a gradual change so that as things happen, changes will be accepted more and more.

Consider the protests going on today over police brutality. The Floyd death was NOT the 1st death or murder to happen by a police officer. There has been many such events over the YEARS. It was just that it was caught on CAMERA for everyone one to see and was the culmination of such things that has cause such a dissent.

IMO......the A/C will not come to power overnight but gradual situations will bring him in. It may be that what we are seeing could be part of that gradual change, I personally do not know and I am reluctant to say that it is.

I don't know if the anti-christ is a person or it will just be a hologram of a beast or something, cos no one person could rule the entire world. Firstly he or she wouldn't have the language to speak to everyone. People can be polyglot but I don't think anyone is that accomplished to reach the entire world, no one person is ever liked enough by most of the world to rule it.

Even the Queen of England doesn't command respect everywhere, or the Pope. Not to say someone might appear later but they can't hold a candle to Jesus IMHO.

well everyone needs to take some personal responsbility for protection, it's like AIDS virus, especially if you don't know you have it because you don't show any symptoms.

Everyone likes to think they can blame someone else but if anyone is to blame it would be Satan. Nobody likes to be a victim but anyone who dies from this is a victim and their families are affected. I mean there's not going to be a judge of coronavirus vs the people the ultimate judgement day would be when it's God vs Satan and we know who will win in the end.

Back