Creation -v- Evolution: For The Young People

...but there are examples of conscience in every species of animal.

Conscience:
a : the sense or consciousness of the moral goodness or blameworthiness of one's own conduct, intentions, or character together with a feeling of obligation to do right or be good

b : a faculty, power, or principle enjoining good acts
c : the part of the superego in psychoanalysis that transmits commands and admonitions to the ego

Please further explain your argument above with facts. Since we are unable to communicate with animals directly, please ensure you are not making statements based on assumptions or what you see. I'm curious to see scientific evidence of how conscience in animals is the same as conscience in humans. If we evolved from them, it should be. Thanks!

BTW Rusty, the blue is me. :)

evolution-exposed1.jpg

The Lenski experiment is an example of observable evolution...

The strain of E Coli gained an ability that it previously didn't have. The change couldn't have been due to sexual recombination, because that strain of E Coli reproduces asexually... it had to be due to random mutation. I call it random mutation because there is no mechanism within the organism to command the genetic code to change.

Evolution has been observed, a species has changed from one thing to another under our observation.

The big leap regarding micro evolution is to say that it just stops after some point so that it doesn't become too different. What reasoning do you have that makes you think that constant changing won't eventually lead to a different life-form?

Conscience:
a : the sense or consciousness of the moral goodness or blameworthiness of one's own conduct, intentions, or character together with a feeling of obligation to do right or be good

b : a faculty, power, or principle enjoining good acts
c : the part of the superego in psychoanalysis that transmits commands and admonitions to the ego

Please further explain your argument above with facts. Since we are unable to communicate with animals directly, please ensure you are not making statements based on assumptions or what you see. I'm curious to see scientific evidence of how conscience in animals is the same as conscience in humans. If we evolved from them, it should be. Thanks!

BTW Rusty, the blue is me. :)

Here's an example: say your dog chews up your shoe. When you find your shoe, pick it up, and walk toward your dog, he knows what he's done. He cowers away, because he knows that he did something wrong.

have you got to the part where one strain developed the ability to use citric acid as a carbon source? The other strains did not develop that ability.

Here's an example: say your dog chews up your shoe. When you find your shoe, pick it up, and walk toward your dog, he knows what he's done. He cowers away, because he knows that he did something wrong.

That is fear. Fear of being reprimanded. Please explain how animals have a conscience with the definitions I provided.

the genetic alterations happened completely on their own with no influence from researchers.

I don't understand how cell-division becomes a different process because it took place in a lab? So mutation can only happen in certain environments (like the one set up in the lab)? You're still admitting to macro-evolution then, just context-specific evolution.

lifeasweknowit: the dog is afraid of being reprimanded, because it knows that is has done something wrong. That is conscience.

the genetic alterations happened completely on their own with no influence from researchers.

I don't understand how cell-division becomes a different process because it took place in a lab? So mutation can only happen in certain environments (like the one set up in the lab)? You're still admitting to macro-evolution then, just context-specific evolution.

lifeasweknowit: the dog is afraid of being reprimanded, because it knows that is has done something wrong. That is conscience.
No, the dog is afraid because it knows shoe in hand means sound beating, not anything else.

a : the sense or consciousness of the moral goodness or blameworthiness of one's own conduct, intentions, or character together with a feeling of obligation to do right or be good.

Again, please explain.

Back