Daily Bible Blessing

DBB-38

Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. (Psalm 17:7)

Why does the Psalmist use the term "wonder" regarding God's love? Only because, he could not really measure the greatness of it. Paul, the apostle writes, "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19)
God's love surpasses knowledge and is wondrous. His love for you is amazing and no one else can love you more than he does. So be strengthened this day, child of God.

DBB-39

So the Lord brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, with great terror and with miraculous signs and wonders. (Deuteronomy 26:8)

God is able to save and deliver like no one can. After being under Egyptian bondage for around 430 years, the Israelites could hardly believe that God was going to deliver them from Pharaoh and his armies, though they had been crying out for deliverance for a long long time. But the unbelievable happened, just as God had promised them. With great terror and with miraculous signs and wonders, God made the impossible possible. As the Lord delivered the Israelites, he is able to do, in your lives too. His mighty hand and outstretched arm still works wonders. So call out to him. Your deliverance is near.

DBB-40

Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea......... (Psalm 55:1)

What if the Lord ignored our pleas? or ignored us totally? That would definitely be disastrous. One Psalmist exclaimed, "Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. (Psalm 143:7)"But the Lord is merciful and has compassion on his children, so we have hope. Especially, when we are in dire straits, he is the one who stays closest to us, hearing even our groans. Thus, we can surely sing along with the Psalmist, " God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1) A merciful and compassionate God is he, so let us trust in him all the more, as we see our redemption drawing near.

DBB-41

For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you. (Deuteronomy 23:14)

What a glorious promise; but one with a condition-holiness. Not many believers and preachers give emphasis for this, these days, though this is of utmost importance in God's sight. God moves in our midst too, to protect and deliver us, so he asks and demands holiness, for he is a holy God. "Be holy for I am holy", was what he repeatedly told the Israelites. Holiness requires humbling of oneself, a daily cleansing, an utter dependence on God's mercy and willful co-operation with the Holy Spirit. God in his great love for you and me, wants to protect and deliver us from the hands of the evil one and so let us have no two thoughts about God's requirement of holiness.

DBB-41

For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you. (Deuteronomy 23:14)

What a glorious promise; but one with a condition-holiness. Not many believers and preachers give emphasis for this, these days, though this is of utmost importance in God's sight. God moves in our midst too, to protect and deliver us, so he asks and demands holiness, for he is a holy God. "Be holy for I am holy", was what he repeatedly told the Israelites. Holiness requires humbling of oneself, a daily cleansing, an utter dependence on God's mercy and willful co-operation with the Holy Spirit. God in his great love for you and me, wants to protect and deliver us from the hands of the evil one and so let us have no two thoughts about God's requirement of holiness.
Jeremiah7
Very Good post...may so called Christians today seem to have a problem with being Holy...They say in so many words that holiness escapes them and they pervert grace by simply saying God will forgive them no matter what they do. There seems to be a concensus that states one cannot be holy because of the old nature still living within us.

BUT...Well I'm posting a study that I did on Romans Chapters 6-8 in the Bible study forum...take a look at what I have posted so far and let me know what you think about it. Is it TRUE doctrine, or is it NOT true doctrine? Read closely and let me know if it errs in any way.

Thanks
William

Cross Faith Ministry

DBB-42

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:24)

If you believe that you have received, that which you have asked for in prayer, then praying ends and praising begins before you actually receive it. Thanking and praising God that he has given that which you asked for, is a sign of faith and it will be rewarded. Jesus rewarded simple acts of faith with mighty miracles. For instance, there was this woman with a 12 year bleeding issue and she planned to touch and did touch the hem of Jesus' garment without disturbing anyone. Jesus honored her faith and she received a wonderful healing. So it is with you and me. Let's thank him with faith for what we have asked for and he will surely honor our faith.

DBB-43

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:3)

Jesus will come back; that's for sure, whether anyone believes it or not. He wants us to be with him continually, so he will come back and take us. The following promise has not yet been fulfilled, but will be in God's good time. "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17)"Are you looking forward to that day? If yes, then, you must be ready at all times, because the trumpet call can sound any moment.

DBB-44

I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread. (Job 23:12)

Do we really treasure the words that we read in the Bible? It is God himself who is speaking to us, making known his love and requirements among other things. At the end of any given day, it's easy to know whether we have treasured his words by remembering what we had pondered upon in the Word, in the morning. Alas, many fail to remember because their reading of the Word was just another daily chore to escape guilt. In the verse above, we read of Job's attitude, though, in his times, probably there was not much to meditate upon as written Word. Yet, what he heard from the Almighty was a treasure to him. He treasured it more than his daily bread. We can learn from this great man, who lived very close to the Lord; suffering much, yet hoping and trusting in his Redeemer, who rewarded him bountifully in the end.

DBB-45

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. (Psalm 68:19)

It's easy to praise and thank God for the great things he has done and is doing for us, but can we praise and thank him for the unanswered prayers? the negatives in our lives? the problems that wont go away? Well, who in his/her right mind would want to do that? But we are called to give thanks for all things, so no harm in doing it. And it may have some glorious effects on our spiritual lives. Bitterness and dejection can be washed away with this kind of unusual praise. Not many may venture to do it, for it does not make sense to thank God for the negatives, but those who have tried it, know that it makes a difference and often miracles happen. Unanswered prayers may suddenly be answered and closed doors can open, so why not try it today. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

DBB-46

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:8)

Pouring out our hearts to God is the best way to rid ourselves of negative emotions. Bitterness, anger, jealousy and many other negative qualities can plague our spiritual lives and can spoil our fellowship with God. Many believers try to overcome these but often fail, though they know it is wrong to harbor such feelings. It's not that they do not want to be rid of these, but there's an intense battle between flesh and spirit and the spirit loses out to the flesh. Pouring out ones heart to God and crying out to him for mercy to overcome these emotions with the power of the Holy Spirit bring success and there is deliverance. Yes, we can trust in God at all times, as the Psalmist sings here, for he is our refuge and our deliverer.

DBB-47

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

Who can give peace but God alone! Countries of the world are striving for peace through so many means, but discord and strife are on the rise all the more. They seemed to have missed the point or are not aware of or are ignoring, the only source of true peace-God himself. In the verse above, Jesus wanted his disciples to have what all of us greatly desire-peace. Amidst the turbulent situations in life, we can always depend on him who is called The Prince Of Peace-Jesus Christ. Even today, he wants to give his peace to all who will accept it with child like faith; not temporary or false peace, but lasting, truly comforting peace. Be a recipient today, if you have not already done so.

DBB-48

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. (1 John 3:9)

The Apostle Paul writing to the Philippians says, "Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence - continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, (Philippians 2:12)" There must be a conscious effort on our part to restrain ourselves from sinning. This is not easy, because, often the temptations are such. Yet one must cry out for God's strength and he will surely help. The Apostle John mentions the same matter in 1 John Ch.5, with a slight difference. He writes, "We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. (1 John 5:18)"
Jesus is always willing to help if we cry out to him. He is an ever present help, even when temptations assails us.

DBB-49

The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. (Luke 8:14)

Many believers fail to mature in their Christian walk because, as Jesus says, "they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures". The Apostle Paul, writing to the Colossians tells them of Ephaphras, who was wrestling for them in prayer, that they may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. Spiritual maturity does not come in a day; it requires constant knowing and walking in the will of God. Perhaps we can all learn from the Apostle Paul regarding gaining spiritual maturity. He writes, "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ (Philippians 3:8)" Let us pray this day that our spiritual lives may not be choked by thorns like worries, riches and pleasures and that we may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

DBB-50

The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. (Deuteronomy 28:7)

This was one of the several promises that God gave his people while they traveled through the wilderness. They were not going to win wars by their own strength, but God would be fighting their battles. This promise came true as long as they obeyed God, but when they chose to disobey and rebel against him, a curse which God had told them while he uttered the blessings also came true....The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. (Deuteronomy 28:25). The Israelites experienced the curse many a time because of their disobedience and wayward ways. God is faithful in keeping his end of the promises that he gives each one of us. Let us also stay true to him till our last breath or till Rapture, which ever comes first.

DBB-51

"If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands, and last night he rebuked you." (Genesis 31:42)

Jacob had some harsh words to say to Laban, his father-in-law and uncle, who pursued and caught up with him as he fled,......................"I have been with you for twenty years now. Your sheep and goats have not miscarried, nor have I eaten rams from your flocks. I did not bring you animals torn by wild beasts; I bore the loss myself. And you demanded payment from me for whatever was stolen by day or night. This was my situation: The heat consumed me in the daytime and the cold at night, and sleep fled from my eyes. It was like this for the twenty years I was in your household. I worked for you fourteen years for your two daughters and six years for your flocks, and you changed my wages ten times.(Genesis 31:38-41). But we also see his trust in God coming to the fore as he confronted Laban and that is what we read in the title verse above. He said that it was only God who had blessed him even though he was cheated by his uncle. We must remember that God is always "for us" even though people may forsake us....Let us trust in his love continually.

DBB-52

But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:3)

Paul the Apostle, had fears that some of the believers in the Church at Corinth would go astray; and the example that he gave them was that of Eve. The enemy is cunning and traps believers in different ways, making them walk away from the path of sincere and pure devotion to Christ. The Apostle Peter exhorts us in this manner, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. (1 Peter 5:8,9)"The best thing we as believers can do when the enemy tries to lead us astray from our sincere and pure devotion to Christ is follow the advice that we read in the book of James i.e. Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
May God strengthen each one of us to do that.

DBB-53

The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands.(Psalm 138:8)

Are you sure that the Lord will fulfill his purpose for you? The KJV version reads like this, "The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. (Psalm 138:8)" Fulfilling his purpose for us is perfecting us and the work is in progress in each of our lives. None of us can say that we are perfect, because what we are, however exalted, is only because of his mercy and grace. What would be our condition if the Lord withdrew his grace for a while? That would have disastrous consequences. But the Lord does not do that because of his perfection in faithfulness. As the Psalmist says here: his love endures forever. We too, can like the Psalmist pray to God that he may not abandon us, the work of his hands. Yes, he will perfect us and glorify himself. Praise the Lord.

DBB-54

When Job's three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, heard about all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met together by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him. (Job 2:11)

This is one example of how people set out with good intentions but finally end up doing more harm than good. These friends of Job brought misery rather than comfort for him. Finally we read that God was angry with them for speaking things that were not right and asked them to go to Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for themselves. Job prayed for them and God accepted his prayer and did not deal with them according to their folly. The best part of it all was that God blessed Job after he prayed for his friends who had brought him misery......"After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.(Job 42:10)" Two things we can learn here: one that, we must be compassionate in our dealings with others, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ, more so when they pass through trials and tribulations; and the second that God will bless us when we intercede for them who deal unjustly with us.

DBB-55

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. (Psalm 71:20)

The Psalmist here conveys the one feeling that keeps believers going even when they face bitter troubles in their earthly sojourn-HOPE. A couple of times, he makes this feeling known to his God in this song of his....For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. (Psalm 71:5)......But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. (Psalm 71:14) The Apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Corinth....He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us....(2 Corinthians 1:10)
We as believers in Jesus Christ can continually hope that God who has called us into fellowship with him through his son will surely deliver us, though we see troubles, many and bitter in our lives too.

Back