Darkness; a form of light

Glory day in the Lord; blessings to all my brothers and sisters, I love you.

I had never thought of darkness as a form of light. But, it indeed is.
When the Lord unveiled Luke 11:35 the other day. I began pondering this in my heart.
Upon much pondering, God has enlightened me.
Does not the devil come forth appearing as an angel of light?
In the darkness does the moon not chase it away, acting as a flashlight in the darkness?

In our darkest hour is when the Lord received us; CRYING OUT, Abba Father, with repentance in our heart. At that very moment is when reconstruction of the clay began and dark light was chased away by the Light. For the dark veil has been lifted off the Word and God begins to feed us His Light. Enlightening our hearts, in love, and preparing the way before us; that we seek Him, and through us He prepare the way for the return of the KING.

So make sure that the light that is in you is not darkness. Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Love those who are still in darkness; that was you (me) at one time, and God did not forsake us. Stop forsaking others.
Be Christ like... have compassion, and love, be merciful, and kind; be the light God has called us to be.
ALL things work together for the good of God and all those that believe upon His name.

All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Amen!! And welcome back! We missed you! :D

By the way, I find a lot of Christians don't know what evil is in the word of God. It's not just the devil and his minions, but in Greek it's full of labours, annoyances, hardships, diseased or blind. In fact the last meaning is the one we think of the most: ethically: bad, evil wicked

Thanks for sharing your encouraging words. God bless!

Greetings:
Not familiar with that darkness.I am familiar with an earthly light field providing energy that mingles with the mass of another dimension that is unobservable and is referred as black-light because the energy field is diluted, till it bounces off the Holy Spirit residing in a Christian and then an image is observable.

Greetings:
Not familiar with that darkness.I am familiar with an earthly light field providing energy that mingles with the mass of another dimension that is unobservable and is referred as black-light because the energy field is diluted, till it bounces off the Holy Spirit residing in a Christian and then an image is observable.
All praise, glory and honor be unto GOD. Amen
What have you seen in these other dimensions. Yes, I BELIEVE. Amen

Let's not forget:

Isaiah 5:20
What sorrow for those who say
that evil is good and good is evil,
that dark is light and light is dark,
that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.

'The light of the body is the eye:
therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light;
but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark,
the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.'

(Luk 11:34-36)
(See also Eph.2:1-5)

Hi @crownoflife,

I believe that the Lord gives an illustration of this teaching in what follows in the house of the Pharisee, who had invited Him to dinner, and also in the conversation He had with a lawyer following.

* The Pharisees made void the word of God by their traditions, their, 'light', was indeed - 'darkness': and even today it is the traditions taught and observed by some believers, that cast shadows and hide the truth of their 'completeness' in Christ. They are still trying to produce a righteousness of their own, and live within the types and shadows which Christ has already fulfilled.

* As to the lawyer to whom he spoke, He concludes by saying (Luke 11:52)
'Woe unto you, lawyers!
for ye have taken away the key of knowledge:
ye entered not in yourselves,
and them that were entering in ye hindered.'

* Now that is an interesting line of enquiry too, isn't it? I am reminded of the warning in Romans 1:16-

'For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith:
as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them;
for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made,
even His eternal power and Godhead;
so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful;
but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts,
to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,
Who is blessed for ever. Amen.'

Thought provoking isn't it?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Glory day in the Lord, sis.
Matt. 15 comes to mind upon reading your post. Jesus also was speaking with the Pharisees and scribes.
They want to know why His disciples transgress the law, because they do not wash their hands before eating?
And Jesus asked them, why do you, also, transgress the law by your traditions?

It also came to mind about one mouth can defile the whole body.
Well, God has taught me not only can my mouth defile my whole body, but one mouth at the pulpit can defile the whole body in the house.

Darkness is indeed a light.
The fruits of darkness; and the fruits of Light, are totally different fruits.
One can check their own hearts for the Truth; I mean, when fruit is squeezed, spirits are stirred, what comes dripping out?
Bitterness, hate, anger, back biting, finger pointing, false accusations, deceit, jealousy, envy.......... wow, we could go on and on. For we were first darkness also, well, very many still are.
Now, His fruits of Light is, love, compassion, kindness, perserverance, temperance, patience, mercy, longsuffering.... we could go on.

I am also reminded that God is able to raise vessels unto honor and unto dishonor.
Light and dark work together, not only in the physical world (a witness to us), but for the good of God and all those that believe upon His name. The sun rises, then darkness comes. The Son rises, then darkness comes.
When darkness comes, we know the darkness by the fruits it produces.
Darkness feeds the light, and Light feeds the darkness.

Lord have mercy upon us all. We must deny the flesh, bite the tongue at times, so the flesh of bitterness not be spoken forth.
This means we should be having our conversations at becometh the gospel of Christ; all the time.

Wow, sometimes God takes me to such depths that I have to back away from the table for a bit and just chew and ponder upon the meat He has fed me. I love you all so much; and I believe my Lord loves us ALL; He desires that none should parish. We had better be getting on board with His heart's desire and His will; Lord what is your will in my life? First, it is not our life, but His. My life is not my own, it belongs to God. When we asked Him to come into our heart, we gave Him ourselves to use how ever He see fit. We are to obey.

Jesus called "darkness" a "light". He said to "make sure that the light that is in you be not darkness". It is possible for many people to think they are in the light, and that the light is in them, but in reality they are darkness, without even knowing it. When people are filled with the Light of God every one will see it in them, and every where they go they are bringing the Kingdom of light with them by it being in them. Those filled with the light of darkness bring no joy, peace but only discord, desertion, and every evil way.

Luke 11:34.. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Luke 11:35.. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

In God there is no darkness, 1 John 1:5, so what happened to Abraham, Genesis 15:12? And Moses, Exodus 20:21? I asked the Lord and He told me that He's of such pure light that when fallen men come near Him, the darkness they see and feel is their own sinful state!

Jesus called "darkness" a "light". He said to "make sure that the light that is in you be not darkness". It is possible for many people to think they are in the light, and that the light is in them, but in reality they are darkness, without even knowing it. When people are filled with the Light of God every one will see it in them, and every where they go they are bringing the Kingdom of light with them by it being in them. Those filled with the light of darkness bring no joy, peace but only discord, desertion, and every evil way.

Luke 11:34.. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Luke 11:35.. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
Jesus appeared to be darkness to those in the synagogue; wouldn't you say?

He said, you think I come to bring peace, but I tell you no, rather division.
They were not filled with joy when He came; very much discord within the place; did Jesus create that? or hardened hearts that would not receive Him? They called Him the devil. They did cast stones. They took Him to toss Him down the hill headlong.

Yes, the light of the body is the eye (the heart is that eye) and it does shine bright all the way through, up and out. God knows the intent of our heart.
If thine eye be single, thy whole body is full of light. YES
From out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Amen
If our heart is single and being consumed of God; people don't like you much, because you are very different from this world, a peculiar people.
Yes, you will know them by their fruits. Amen
Self confidence does dilute the light.
Confident in God, oh how bright one does shine.

Greetings:
Lol I think this the first time you didn't end your posts with " bye "

Jesus appeared to be darkness to those in the synagogue; wouldn't you say?

He said, you think I come to bring peace, but I tell you no, rather division.
They were not filled with joy when He came; very much discord within the place; did Jesus create that? or hardened hearts that would not receive Him? They called Him the devil. They did cast stones. They took Him to toss Him down the hill headlong.

Yes, the light of the body is the eye (the heart is that eye) and it does shine bright all the way through, up and out. God knows the intent of our heart.
If thine eye be single, thy whole body is full of light. YES
From out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Amen
If our heart is single and being consumed of God; people don't like you much, because you are very different from this world, a peculiar people.
Yes, you will know them by their fruits. Amen
Self confidence does dilute the light.
Confident in God, oh how bright one does shine.

Sister, yes the religious leaders of Jesus's day did not like what Jesus was telling them, or teaching. The religions leaders believed when the messiah would come he would destroy their enemy's especially the "Romans". Jesus did not match what they thought the messiah would be. Jesus taught that if you want to be "great" in the Kingdom of God you must become a "servant, slave" to all. Those who were seen as leaders in the temple did not like that image as they wanted to "rule" (the word rule means to stand in front of, or to lead by example) other men instead of being a servant to men. Leading, and ruling by being an "example" is the most powerful way to rule anything. People will follow that kind of person leader, as they do not lord themselves over others, but instead lead by example which is what Jesus did in his life.
There is no doubt that speaking the Word of God will and does bring discomfort to all people because it exposes the "sin" that is in them. They can either repent and turn to God once this is shown them, or they will come against the message, and the messengers who told them the truth.

The reason why Jesus always drew very large crowds when he taught is because every one likes to be in the presence of God when God is speaking. When an anointed messenger of Gods speaks it causes the rain of the Holy Spirit to fall , and all of the people are being made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and are tasting the powers of the world to come by the anointing that flows from God's messenger. Light exposes, and dispels the darkness, and no amount of darkness can ever overcome this light that is shinning from God's anointed messenger. The saber (sword) of light which the Holy Spirit uses being the Word of God is exactly what brings division between God's children of light, and of the day, to the children of darkness, and of the night

Last edited:
Amen brother;
Sad that the ideologies of man (flesh) continue to try to strong arm God's people into being converted to them or their ways.
SO, so many are on the broad and wide road; doing the same as the rest.
Very few, are on the straight and narrow; being separate, peculiar, of a Royal priesthood; a priesthood that is taught by the only true Teacher. These teachings have not been diluted by the doctrines of men, or appease our itching ears, and they do cut like a knife, piecing the heart and pride wants to fight the Lord's vessel He sends forth. His Truth has cut through the messengers heart, first. Amen

"If your light be darkness how great is your darkness"
You cannot in any way shape or form say darkness is another form of light .
"For God is light and in him there is no darkness"
The scripture does say "that darkness is as light to GOD"

But it is AS light not is light .
and as God can see in the dark for he has eyes from whom nothing is hid and men who think they can cloak themselves with lies and think god does not see them or their actions and plans they are quiet wrong.

"In the beginning God created the HEAVEN and the EARTH "
and it was not HEAVEN that wa sin darkness but the EARTH .
and it was not God who was in darkness it was man .
we are coming to the time where it seems the trend is to reconcile that which cannot be reconciled and to make a lie equal to the truth even in law .

as it was in the beginning so it is now .
and if we would as it were save our souls , we need to keep to what the Word of God says and not what our own reasoning in of and by itself might think.
Man has not his own compass or plumb line.
The great curse of false religion and the vain philosophies of men is that what they think is light is in fact great darkness . When the true light comes it begins to dispel their darkness ,but because they think it is light they think they are losing their 'light' so reject the truth and hold all the more fast to their darkness.
in Christ
gerald

You cannot in any way shape or form say darkness is another form of light .
I did not say darkness was a "light", Jesus did.

The god of this world uses this exact light to cause "blindness" which is what darkness does, as it causes you not to see spiritually, in the same way if someone turns off the lights in your house at night you physically will not be able to see. The "light of God" causes "vision" so you can see into the realm of the spirit.

Sister, yes the religious leaders of Jesus's day did not like what Jesus was telling them, or teaching. The religions leaders believed when the messiah would come he would destroy their enemy's especially the "Romans". Jesus did not match what they thought the messiah would be. Jesus taught that if you want to be "great" in the Kingdom of God you must become a "servant, slave" to all. Those who were seen as leaders in the temple did not like that image as they wanted to "rule" (the word rule means to stand in front of, or to lead by example) other men instead of being a servant to men. Leading, and ruling by being an "example" is the most powerful way to rule anything. People will follow that kind of person leader, as they do not lord themselves over others, but instead lead by example which is what Jesus did in his life.
There is no doubt that speaking the Word of God will and does bring discomfort to all people because it exposes the "sin" that is in them. They can either repent and turn to God once this is shown them, or they will come against the message, and the messengers who told them the truth.

The reason why Jesus always drew very large crowds when he taught is because every one likes to be in the presence of God when God is speaking. When an anointed messenger of Gods speaks it causes the rain of the Holy Spirit to fall , and all of the people are being made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and are tasting the powers of the world to come by the anointing that flows from God's messenger. Light exposes, and dispels the darkness, and no amount of darkness can ever overcome this light that is shinning from God's anointed messenger. The saber (sword) of light which the Holy Spirit uses being the Word of God is exactly what brings division between God's children of light, and of the day, to the children of darkness, and of the night

Could it also be that large crowds showed thinking that they could get something from Him? Some still do that today don't they?

Amen brother;
Sad that the ideologies of man (flesh) continue to try to strong arm God's people into being converted to them or their ways.
SO, so many are on the broad and wide road; doing the same as the rest.
Very few, are on the straight and narrow; being separate, peculiar, of a Royal priesthood; a priesthood that is taught by the only true Teacher. These teachings have not been diluted by the doctrines of men, or appease our itching ears, and they do cut like a knife, piecing the heart and pride wants to fight the Lord's vessel He sends forth. His Truth has cut through the messengers heart, first. Amen

I have to admit that I am having a problem in understanding the point you are trying to make. It is probably just me but I thought that darkness was the absence of light. Kind of like cold is the absence of heat.

Then I was thinking that we never know what the struggle of many people may be. I recall a story where a Wall Mary customer berated a teenage clerk who just didn’t have it together, only to find out that the teenager’s mother had committed suicide that morning and he had to work to pay the bills. She was light in a world of darkness.

Then there’s the story of a young man who paid a woman’s $200+ grocery bill when her card was declined and she had 3 hungry children with her. His only request? Pay it forward. The young man died in an automobile accident less than 24 hours later. He was light in a world of darkness.

Could it also be that large crowds showed thinking that they could get something from Him? Some still do that today don't they?
If there is going to be free "food" I'll be there!!! :) Did someone mention "potluck"!! Going to Church sometimes if not most of time to ease one own conscience for the week is what I believe happens a lot. Everyone likes sensing the presence of God when the saints are gathered together, but what most people do not realize is that they can have that same presence with them all the time if they set their hearts and minds on things above where Christ sits of the right hand of God.

Back