Dealing with Others - Must Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 41,000 Christian denominations (1) it is a guarantee that there will be disagreements. To that end, how one acts with the other in disagreement is key to how they are in their real walk with Christ. Only the word of God is final, but it's sin in our lives that blind us from the truth of those words, Eph 4:17-18.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that the word of God is not only a guide book for our lives, but a book of principles. While computers are not mentioned, if one spends all their time on the computer (even if only on this site) it can make the computer their god. And this will affect your relationship with God. The word of God shows our condition, whatever it is, and points us to Jesus. If anything at all comes first then that is your god, and you'll leave in error. That is a principle. I speak to myself first. All of creations, the word of God, and especially us, are signposts to Jesus. Anything else is ego and vanity.

If you MUST win an argument, then you're here for the wrong reasons, and are filled with yourself and pride. These are not the things of God. Get your emotions in check. God's word will be around long after you're dead along with you "passionate" defence of it. Most people run on autopilot and don't realize even what they do. That's passiveness. God wants us to be in complete control, 2 Tim 1:7, but it doesn't happen overnight (and sometimes it does). It's taken many decades to get jaded and angry. While it won't take decades to fix, most don't realize they have these issues so as to begin the transformational process to perfection, Heb 6:1. Don't bait them, don't attack them. Keep the peace, Psa 133:1. Jesus only spoke harsh words to those who claimed to know the will of God and really didn't. Don't be one of them. Let the mods take care of the hypocrites, use the report button.

It takes practice, but if your heart is pure and wish to help, speak and have a dialog with others that don't agree. But you must use the Holy Spirit to guide you to know if what you're saying is going to be heard. If not, move on, Pro 23:9. Now that's not to say you're right and they're wrong, just that you need to stick to the word of God and the facts, not dogma. Be a sign post. Does the sign argue with the driver who ignores the sign that the bridge is out? No. Present the truth and if they don't wish to bend, move on. Even Jesus had to learn obedience, we certainly do too, Heb 5:8.

God does love everyone. He died for us all. Remember that when in discussions with others that don't agree with your beliefs. Those that stir up strife will be dealt with by the mods.

Colossians 3:23-25 (KJV)
And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Reference:
(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Amen, our FIRST LOVE...

HAD:
works, labor, patience, cannot bear those who are evil, tested those who found liars, persevered, have patience, and not become weary...
... ( I have no idea on Nicolaitans... but hate their deeds that the Lord hate as well...

wow, one can just admire them...

AND YET....

is warned having left FIRST LOVE....

Revelation 2 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Loveless Church
2 “To the angel of the church of Ephesus write,
‘These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands: 2 “I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary. 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent. 6 But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’

I think the OP is very good advice. The best advice I ever received here was: Read and post with the Holy Spirit. I love talking about God and His Word. I relish a good debate as well as anyone but it can be done without hostility, rancor, name calling and disrespect. If you think you "know it all" it becomes impossible for you to learn and grow. If you think that someone is in error, say so and why without out of context or twisted scripture. And type it with respect, without personal castigation. Remember words can hurt others. If you don't understand precisely what someone is posting. Ask respectfully for explanation.

On the other hand, I am God's favorite and I am infallibly right :) Just so you all know.......

Mar 9:42 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea."

Luk 17:1 "Then He said to the disciples, "It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! 2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

Yeshua is not refering to children alone here, but also to newborn believers! We must always be mindful of what we are saying, and of whom is in our midst as we are speaking. Our words can have long lasting effects, even into eternity.

Jas 3:6 "And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so." NKJV Shalom!

Last edited:
With 41,000 Christian denominations (1) it is a guarantee that there will be disagreements. To that end, how one acts with the other in disagreement is key to how they are in their real walk with Christ. Only the word of God is final, but it's sin in our lives that blind us from the truth of those words, Eph 4:17-18.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that the word of God is not only a guide book for our lives, but a book of principles. While computers are not mentioned, if one spends all their time on the computer (even if only on this site) it can make the computer their god. And this will affect your relationship with God. The word of God shows our condition, whatever it is, and points us to Jesus. If anything at all comes first then that is your god, and you'll leave in error. That is a principle. I speak to myself first. All of creations, the word of God, and especially us, are signposts to Jesus. Anything else is ego and vanity.

If you MUST win an argument, then you're here for the wrong reasons, and are filled with yourself and pride. These are not the things of God. Get your emotions in check. God's word will be around long after you're dead along with you "passionate" defence of it. Most people run on autopilot and don't realize even what they do. That's passiveness. God wants us to be in complete control, 2 Tim 1:7, but it doesn't happen overnight (and sometimes it does). It's taken many decades to get jaded and angry. While it won't take decades to fix, most don't realize they have these issues so as to begin the transformational process to perfection, Heb 6:1. Don't bait them, don't attack them. Keep the peace, Psa 133:1. Jesus only spoke harsh words to those who claimed to know the will of God and really didn't. Don't be one of them. Let the mods take care of the hypocrites, use the report button.

It takes practice, but if your heart is pure and wish to help, speak and have a dialog with others that don't agree. But you must use the Holy Spirit to guide you to know if what you're saying is going to be heard. If not, move on, Pro 23:9. Now that's not to say you're right and they're wrong, just that you need to stick to the word of God and the facts, not dogma. Be a sign post. Does the sign argue with the driver who ignores the sign that the bridge is out? No. Present the truth and if they don't wish to bend, move on. Even Jesus had to learn obedience, we certainly do too, Heb 5:8.

God does love everyone. He died for us all. Remember that when in discussions with others that don't agree with your beliefs. Those that stir up strife will be dealt with by the mods.
Thanks for the advice!
And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Reference:

Welcome to CFS @cristianprince67 - I hadn't seen that exhaustive list of denominations before (at least I don't think so?) - I think they listed all 41,000+ variations. Interesting to note they include denoms that many would argue are not Christian. Does the missing "h" in your member name have a story? Silk <---just curious.

Reference:

I absolutely agree there can be some arguments over specific things like the story of Dinah, but at the end of the day we all agree Jesus is god. Also interesting fact a lot of the "different" denominations are just ethnicity, cultural, etc kind of differences. For example some might be Spanish speaking Church's

Well, it's really a serious problem when the body of Christ is split up to 41,000 different denominations. Shockingly, each holds a different form of belief when it comes to doctrinal issues. There are many people who are so caught up in their denomination's doctrines, they somehow believe they are the ones who get it.

They are using their own belief system in order to scare others who don't believe in what they believe in. With respect to having an argument, you can spend lot of time arguing with people regarding doctrinal issues, at the end you'll come up with pretty much nothing. It's like I can't convince you, and you can't convince me either.

Abdicate, I applaud your opening 100%. I had no idea that there were 41,000 Christian denominations. How does someone even count that? Wonderful, wonderful reminder to us all, to conduct ourselves as adults, holding discussions in a mature and holy manner, without adgenda. Your writing style is superb, by the way.

Abdicate, I applaud your opening 100%. I had no idea that there were 41,000 Christian denominations. How does someone even count that? Wonderful, wonderful reminder to us all, to conduct ourselves as adults, holding discussions in a mature and holy manner, without adgenda. Your writing style is superb, by the way.
Thanks for the blessed words :D

I don't have a clue how they count it but I'm sure it doesn't help we have so many English bible versions.

I had not thought of that, but I do agree that there is unnecessary overlap in English versions. I mean, the differences don't seem to warrant the time and expense of that man choises.

I think denominations are a result of "religion". This is very common in every religion.. i can talk for hinduism.. There are so many divisions within hinduism.. Some times it is so silly.. Not just religion, even differences within castes.. Like the direction in which ladies wear saree.. That creates 2 separate groups!

Amen @Ravindran! I've learned one thing interacting with a lot of people over the years, if they are taught one thing, that's it, their mind is made up, and no longer teachable on that subject. They group together and make their "taught" religion. This is repeated over and over - about 41,000 times :p

I'll be the first to say that was me. We must be teachable because the word of God is living and there's a Greek tense that demands continued and current actions which is lost in translation. So many believe, like I did, that I knew all there was. God straightened me out right quick! I know nothing. Even if I could quantify God's majesty, it would be like teaching us butterflies quantum physics by only using calculus. God is so wondrous, so WOW!, we can't understand His simple written word without the help from the Holy Spirit.

Brother, I really appreciate your posts! God bless you! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back