Deathbed Con Get U In?

Romans 10:13 says: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

There is no grey area there. The problem (as I see it) are those who wait until the last minute to accept Jesus. I have heard folks say "I'll take care of the God thing before I die." We have no certain promise of our next breath. Those fortunate enough to have a "death bed" exit from this world and time to accept Jesus are "lucky." Those lives that are taken in an instant (I assume) have no time to call upon the name of Jesus.

And another thought to your comment is that we do not get saved when we want to. We are saved by the pulling and convicting power of the Holy Spirit and if He is not doing that then it is impossible to be saved. That is why Paul said that "TODAY is the day of salvation"!

IMNSHO, deathbed confessions are like jackalopes, purple cows, and unicorns.
Everybody talks about them but nobody has ever seen one.

I have struggled with "death bed" conversion for years. I know what most believe and I really do want to believe that as well. But life and many, many death bed comments and prayers have told me something else.

My experience of death bed salvation is that resembles a "Fire Insurance Policy" more than salvation.

Every one I have seen has been a JUST IN CASE THE OLD PREACHER WAS RIGHT, I guess I will not accept Christ and be saved.............
"Just in case".

I have struggled with "death bed" conversion for years. I know what most believe and I really do want to believe that as well. But life and many, many death bed comments and prayers have told me something else.

My experience of death bed salvation is that resembles a "Fire Insurance Policy" more than salvation.

Every one I have seen has been a JUST IN CASE THE OLD PREACHER WAS RIGHT, I guess I will not accept Christ and be saved.............
"Just in case".
You are correct if you are looking at it from our perspective. But we need to look at it from God's perspective.

You said above that God needs to pull us. But, God is pulling us everyday as long as we are alive. Jesus is knocking on the door of everyone's heart yesterday, today and tomorrow. The deathbed is a great time for God to get through to someone. Think about our lives. When do we ever have a moment of peace and quiet? The unsaved and many lukewarm Christians just ignore / leave dealing with reality / God to the last minute. If God gives someone a moment at the end of their lives to lie on their bed and think about nothing else but Him, death, heaven and hell ....then God gives them that moment.

A moment of peace and quiet is God pulling and convicting them ;). Someone who hates God would remain hard hearted and arrogant to the last breathe / likely not go out with a deathbed moment but rather a grenade, electric chair or shiv. Any remorse + repenting / hating sin = saved.

You are correct if you are looking at it from our perspective. But we need to look at it from God's perspective.

You said above that God needs to pull us. But, God is pulling us everyday as long as we are alive. Jesus is knocking on the door of everyone's heart yesterday, today and tomorrow. The deathbed is a great time for God to get through to someone. Think about our lives. When do we ever have a moment of peace and quiet? The unsaved and many lukewarm Christians just ignore / leave dealing with reality / God to the last minute. If God gives someone a moment at the end of their lives to lie on their bed and think about nothing else but Him, death, heaven and hell ....then God gives them that moment.

A moment of peace and quiet is God pulling and convicting them ;). Someone who hates God would remain hard hearted and arrogant to the last breathe / likely not go out with a deathbed moment but rather a grenade, electric chair or shiv. Any remorse + repenting / hating sin = saved.

Good thoughts and I would never debate the feelings of your heart!

I'm sure it's been said already, but to con God is impossible. No one can con their way into heaven.

Repentance and accepting of Christ on one's deathbed -- a sincere one -- can mean salvation for that individual. Repenting isn't limited to our lips, but is strongly connected to our hearts. Not our physical hearts of course, but the soul. This is why the thief on the cross received salvation even though he was only a Christian for a few moments -- no baptism, no works of faith, nothing...just him submitting himself to God. And because of Christ telling him that he is forgiven and that salvation will be given to him, we also have reason to believe had he not died, he would have likely fulfilled the rest of his life in Christianity.

Deathbed repentance happens. We can't always be sure when they are genuine and when they aren't, but they happen. But one thing's for sure -- Christ knows precisely what is written on our hearts, whether we're in a state of grace or not. He's the judge and knows it right down to the letter.

I'm glad none of us are the Judge, 'cause none of us would get in.

Should not a brother or sister know their own?
and who is a brother and a sister and who is but a neighbour?
For a brother or sister will bare the image of their father .
Whilst a neighbour will bear the image of their father.

in Christ
gerald

False judgements flow far too easily, all in the name of God.

Yet not only are we called to make righteous judgment .
But Paul speaks "of dogs creeping in unawares"
Do you not know your brother? and who your neighbour?
Where it is not so clear sometimes is a new BORN child of God . still covered with "grave cloths"
By their fruits shall ye know them also comes to mind .

in Christ
gerald

Instead of asking how many folks gets saved at that last moment with a death bed confession.

Let's ask how many at their lowest point in life, with no place else to turn, went to Jesus.

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, SHALL BE SAVED.

So, the grim reaper is standing next to this person, a guy with nails is about to put the last one in a coffin........ In the corner a fat lady is warming up to sing, and a farmer is near by, setting up buckets they are going to kick.

The person is very uncertain about what is going to happen when they die. They believed all their life they were just worm food, but now that the time is come, they are not so sure anymore.

Now some guy is next to them telling them about Jesus, and how he died for us and how things will be just fine if they accept Jesus. The Person starts to think that's a whole lot better than the rest of their life they experienced.

I was the same way.

I was at a point in my life where I Had possibly just thrown it away. I said Jesus, if your real, I need you help now. I did not get a answer for months, but I keep calling. I knew nothing about accpeting him as Lord, but I was so done with my current life.

He answered me that first day. I did not know it than, but now that I know a couple scriptures, I see all he did and how it all played out the day I called for help.

Now back to the person about to die.

It don't take tons of bible knowledge to get saved.

It just takes you coming to the conclusion that you need the Lord Jesus, and sometimes, folks need Him RIGHT NOW.

Instead of asking how many folks gets saved at that last moment with a death bed confession.

Let's ask how many at their lowest point in life, with no place else to turn, went to Jesus.

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, SHALL BE SAVED.

So, the grim reaper is standing next to this person, a guy with nails is about to put the last one in a coffin........ In the corner a fat lady is warming up to sing, and a farmer is near by, setting up buckets they are going to kick.

The person is very uncertain about what is going to happen when they die. They believed all their life they were just worm food, but now that the time is come, they are not so sure anymore.

Now some guy is next to them telling them about Jesus, and how he died for us and how things will be just fine if they accept Jesus. The Person starts to think that's a whole lot better than the rest of their life they experienced.

I was the same way.

I was at a point in my life where I Had possibly just thrown it away. I said Jesus, if your real, I need you help now. I did not get a answer for months, but I keep calling. I knew nothing about accpeting him as Lord, but I was so done with my current life.

He answered me that first day. I did not know it than, but now that I know a couple scriptures, I see all he did and how it all played out the day I called for help.

Now back to the person about to die.

It don't take tons of bible knowledge to get saved.

It just takes you coming to the conclusion that you need the Lord Jesus, and sometimes, folks need Him RIGHT NOW.

Whether you are 8 or 80 you need Him right now !
Whether you are a Christian or not you need Him right now !
Whether you are a new BORN child of God or a "father who knoweth Him who is from the beginning" You need Him right now!
When you stand before the thrice Holy God you need Him right now !
and through out all eternity you will need Him right NOW!
But if you die in your sin and find yourself in hell. Though you might well need Him he will not be found nor will your need be met .
in Christ
gerald

Whether you are 8 or 80 you need Him right now !
Whether you are a Christian or not you need Him right now !
Whether you are a new BORN child of God or a "father who knoweth Him who is from the beginning" You need Him right now!
When you stand before the thrice Holy God you need Him right now !
and through out all eternity you will need Him right NOW!
But if you die in your sin and find yourself in hell. Though you might well need Him he will not be found nor will your need be met .
in Christ
gerald

That would be pretty much understood. But those not in Christ are without God and without hope in this World. It's hard for the Rich to enter into the will and power of God for their life (Mark 10) So many do without, having none to hear.

Until their wealth, friends and influences can't change that uncertainity that many face when death is near.

So though they were without God, without Hope in this World, and needed Him from day zero at birth.

many wake up at the end and realize they actually need him and need him NOW.

I was not saying we are good to go without Jesus until we actually need him. I would not walk outside if He told me he was taking the day off and I was on my own for the day... No way.

is it a confession or a con,
can a deathbed confession of faith in Christ get you into heaven.
1 U just hopeful your witness really got the truth out of her, or into her?
2Can U change your heart that quickly,

These 2 assertions are a miss.
#1 Men do not save people it is God
#2 An encounter with God has and will continue to change people as quick as quick can be.

If you are looking for a definitive answer ask Him when you get there.
peter

Back