Diagnosed With Depression The Other Day.

I cannot consume almond milk because I am allergic to tree nuts. As for soy, rice and coconut milk, I didn't like the way either of those three tasted nor how they cooked when cooking with them. Having lived in Upstate, NY between cow farms, I was able to try raw milk many times and I never liked it's taste either.

In regards to organic meats, we cannot afford them. We receive food stamps because we are a very low income family and the amount that we receive isn't very much, so we need to be careful of how we spend it. We cannot justify the price of organic meats with what little food stamps that we receive.

I understand. I very rarely get organic -- it's a bit steep in price. I often get plenty of nutrients in regular produce, meat, and diary. Also, I guess I'm a bit of a contrarian in a lot of things. From what I've researched, the nutrients that people claim is missing from non-organic due to pesticides and herbicides isn't quite gone, nor are organic devoid of pesticides and herbicides themselves.

Although I don't think I drink much milk anyway. My wife and I mostly just drink water. I usually have about one and a half liters of water in the morning before I eat or drink anything else.

I cannot consume almond milk because I am allergic to tree nuts. As for soy, rice and coconut milk, I didn't like the way either of those three tasted nor how they cooked when cooking with them. Having lived in Upstate, NY between cow farms, I was able to try raw milk many times and I never liked it's taste either.

In regards to organic meats, we cannot afford them. We receive food stamps because we are a very low income family and the amount that we receive isn't very much, so we need to be careful of how we spend it. We cannot justify the price of organic meats with what little food stamps that we receive.

Where abouts in NY? still there? In Medina-if you ever heard of it...

Where abouts in NY? still there? In Medina-if you ever heard of it...

I am no longer there, no. I lived there for 5 years and left when a 10 year non-marital relationship ended. It's part of my depression, I'm sure since I have five kids with this woman and I have not seen them since I moved. Reason for moving is I had no where else to go, no car to my name and no bank account. So it was the street or my parent's home in Florida. So I chose my parent's home.

Where I lived in NY was Cameron and then Bath in the Finger Lakes region.

I can't say that I have heard of Medina, but I have been to Albion as I was part of a Paranormal Investigation group based out of Albion when I lived in Upstate, NY.

I am no longer there, no. I lived there for 5 years and left when a 10 year non-marital relationship ended. It's part of my depression, I'm sure since I have five kids with this woman and I have not seen them since I moved. Reason for moving is I had no where else to go, no car to my name and no bank account. So it was the street or my parent's home in Florida. So I chose my parent's home.

Where I lived in NY was Cameron and then Bath in the Finger Lakes region.

I can't say that I have heard of Medina, but I have been to Albion as I was part of a Paranormal Investigation group based out of Albion when I lived in Upstate, NY.

Yup; Albion is 10 minutes away from me. What did you investigate if you don't mind me asking?

Yup; Albion is 10 minutes away from me. What did you investigate if you don't mind me asking?

I was with them when they investigated Rolling Hills Asylum in East Bethany, NY as well as a couple houses. Investigating Rolling Hills was lots of fun.

We generally investigated hauntings in houses or haunted places, such as Rolling Hills Asylum.

LysanderShapiro, Friend, I don't have a problem with what you have said or done, that's your thing and that's between you and the Lord.

WHAT I do have a problem with is unqualified people giving medical advice that is potentially dangerous if their advice isn't tempered with consulting a physician (and the Lord first of course), which is what we see here.

Rusty, how ridiculous to try and discredit scientific evidence because of its age just to try and justify you are right, IF that were the case then according to your reasoning, because of when the warnings were given, then the warning from the Surgeon General on cigarette packages is no longer valid??? or the danger from asbestos in our school rooms back in the '60??? or how about the danger of radiation poisoning from the '30???

You of all people here, claiming to live by faith daily in the Lord on the mission field, claiming to having your needs provided for daily, then if it's true and seeing the miraculous Hand of the Lord at work daily, ...are suggesting going to the world before even going to the LORD?????????????????

LysanderShapiro, Friend, I don't have a problem with what you have said or done, that's your thing and that's between you and the Lord.

WHAT I do have a problem with is unqualified people giving medical advice that is potentially dangerous if their advice isn't tempered with consulting a physician (and the Lord first of course), which is what we see here.

Rusty, how ridiculous to try and discredit scientific evidence because of its age just to try and justify you are right, IF that were the case then according to your reasoning, because of when the warnings were given, then the warning from the Surgeon General on cigarette packages is no longer valid??? or the danger from asbestos in our school rooms back in the '60??? or how about the danger of radiation poisoning from the '30???

You of all people here, claiming to live by faith daily in the Lord on the mission field, claiming to having your needs provided for daily, then if it's true and seeing the miraculous Hand of the Lord at work daily, ...are suggesting going to the world before even going to the LORD?????????????????

No one has suggested not speaking to the Lord first, what they are saying is that there is nothing wrong with seeking medical help at all.

I have spoken to the Lord and going to the doctor is fine as well as taking medication for my depression.

Can we drop the prohibition against going to the doctor and and taking medication now?

I'm afraid you've misunderstood me. I'm no authority to prescribe, pinpoint, or even say precisely the cause of the depression--I don't even know Rusty. All I could do is give a personal testimony.

By no means am I saying a prescription IS something he MUST do, nor have I suggested keeping prayer as something secondary. Nonetheless, I do believe in modern medicine and expressed that it is something to look into between he and his doctor. No more, no less.

When we break bones or get the flu, we aren't bypassing God when we go to the hospital or take medicine -- but we are being ethical in treating these health problems. I don't understand where the conflict is in that.

Though I know you are only expressing concern for Rusty since you care for him. You don't want to see a fellow human being get intro trouble with invalid medications. I think your heart is absolutely in the right place. This is why he should be approaching this carefully and with the help of a doctor, and of course, in full prayer.

Rusty, you are worse than the people that come knocking on the front door, ...when backed in to the corner with the truth, ...you change the subject.

And thank you for validating my point, you say the Lord told you, did you tell WHO the Lord gave you the cure, ...or did all the glory go to Rusty like in your post, ...all I'm reading here is, ...me, me, me, I, I, I, ME, MYSELF, and I.

I'm ashamed to say this, but since you ask I'll give you an example, in December they found a hole in my eyeball and the retina was detaching, the ONLY solution was an experimental procedure that they couldn't give any assurance that the results, if it even worked, would last more than a few years before I would lose my eye, and if it did they guaranteed I would have cataracts in less than five years. I wrestled with this for four days, resisting having the operation and spending the few years I have left in and out of a hospital, but at the same time was being comforted by the Holy Spirit with Rom 8:28, on the day of the operation I went to the hospital, still resisting in my will, but saying, Father, not my will be done, but let Your will be done in this situation, into You Hands I place my body, ...I checked in, was given a bed and was being prepped for surgery when, ...come to find out they had two patients scheduled for the same operating room at the same time with the same doctor and would I mind giving up my place, ...and out the door I went!

Four months passed with me thinking I had dodged a bullet with the operation, but had resigned myself to the fact I would lose my eye in a few years, ...at the same time my boss kept hounding me to go to another ophthalmologist to get a second opinion, finally, between he and my wife hounding me I scheduled an appointment with an ophthalmologist at a different hospital, ...to make a long story short, that was in June, as I was walking to the hospital I asked this simple question to my Heavenly Father, "Father, if I go blind how will I be able to read Your Word and talk with you and hear from You?"

This ophthalmologist couldn't find a hole! The next day we went to the hospital where they found the hole and recorded it on their machine back in January, he examined me again on their machine, no hole, he said he had never heard of a hole in the eyeball closing, only growing larger until the eye had to be removed, as he sat there stupifyed I told hm I was a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and He had healed me, the miracle circulated rapidly through his medical field and I was asked to be examined by other ophthalmologists, my latest exam was last Wednesday and the hole has filled 90% and the retina is miraculously reattaching, PRAISE THE LORD!!!

EVERY ophthalmologist has asked me what I thought and I have responded with MY Lord Jesus has healed me!!!

So there ya go Rusty, you asked, Divine intervention without me doing anything but obeying, I could give you lots more examples just like this in the last 22 years and others instances where I haven't been healed, I'm on so many meds that if I stop taking them I'd be dead in a week, when I ask Father why He would heal me some of the times and why He won't in others this is the response I get, "What greater love can a man show than to give up his life for his friends," John 15:13 my/our ministry to the Tahitian people has been to show them the love of Christ, so it hasn't been in vain, ...I'm just a tiny speck in God's plan of Salvation.

This is my last post here, I refuse to play school yard spitting contests with you, if you or anyone else want to know more, show up at the Bema Seat of Christ and we will both see what rewards My Lord with bestow on me.

The just live by faith!

Gene

I'll be honest--while I'm not suggesting we don't ask our Lord, I usually don't ask Him "Lord, I have a headache. Should I take this Advil?" I just take it. It doesn't cross my mind that I should ask.

I leave it to you to judge if this is right or unnecessary, but it's nevertheless true.

Do we even need doctors today? I think we just need surgeons. We have the internet. No doctor knows more then wikipedia. Most probably wiki your problem before they consult with you as they parroted through their exams.

We walk by faith and should not be paranoid about healing as the fullness of God dwells within us. But we do need better discernment when it comes to mature Christians getting ill. God's will overrides every faith prayer of ours and His will may or may not be for us to live with an illness. Drugs can also be from God, just a lessor rescue boat.

Sometimes I think of how only 8 people survived the flood and wonder if only 15 or so will survive this generation and if those 15 are 100% healthy whilst the rest of us blabber about God's will to live with illness. But then I see the hearts of the ''leaders'' of such movements and see nothing but pride and greed for health and prosperity. There is a guy in my church with half his body paralyzed and he battles to talk. He is at every meeting (4 times a week). His heart is so soft and kind. Not bitter like most would expect him to be. Can you imagine the reward waiting for him in heaven?

I'll bet he's not even thinking of a "reward": He just might love Jesus for Jesus.

I have salvation and one day will be with the Lord, that is my reward. Anything, else is just a bonus, so if I get other rewards, great, if not, awesome, I'm in heaven and that's reward enough.

As a Christian you are cheating in this business ;).

I wasn't a Christian at the time and since I moved to Florida almost five years ago, I no longer do paranormal investigating. I would live to, but it takes money that I just do not have.

I wasn't a Christian at the time and since I moved to Florida almost five years ago, I no longer do paranormal investigating. I would live to, but it takes money that I just do not have.

I think KingJ was alluding too the act of being a modern day 'medium' (magician, sorcerer, witch, seer). I think there is a definite slippery slope when we talk about 'paranormal investigation'. Although I admit the allure of it; I can't say that I would put this type of thing before God, but I am guilty of watching 'Ghost Adventures' myself. There is a curiosity that we want to fulfill to KNOW 100% for sure that there is an active spirit world. We should have this secured in our faith. Rather than seeking 'doorways and dimensions' we should be seeking the treasures of heaven-even while we are here on this earth.

On top of that-so much of the current 'paranormal' evidence can be easily faked; not saying that it all is-but it is hard to discount the money making aspect of the business. (not the investigators-the makers of the equipment). Unfortunately I have to agree with KingJ that it is an ungodly hobby. But that is a subject for another thread.

I think KingJ was alluding too the act of being a modern day 'medium' (magician, sorcerer, witch, seer). I think there is a definite slippery slope when we talk about 'paranormal investigation'. Although I admit the allure of it; I can't say that I would put this type of thing before God, but I am guilty of watching 'Ghost Adventures' myself. There is a curiosity that we want to fulfill to KNOW 100% for sure that there is an active spirit world. We should have this secured in our faith. Rather than seeking 'doorways and dimensions' we should be seeking the treasures of heaven-even while we are here on this earth.

On top of that-so much of the current 'paranormal' evidence can be easily faked; not saying that it all is-but it is hard to discount the money making aspect of the business. (not the investigators-the makers of the equipment). Unfortunately I have to agree with KingJ that it is an ungodly hobby. But that is a subject for another thread.

That is your opinion of course and while I respect it, I disagree.

The main job of our group was to debunk paranormal activity, not prove that the paranormal exists. We would look for common reasons why people might think that their place was haunted, such as creaky floorboards, drafts, loud pipes, etc...

Back