Did Dinosaurs Co-exist With Biblical Man?

Tubby, I don't say this disrespectfully, but I think you are out of touch with reality on what you believe scientists believe.

Just Google, "scientist turning to God," and that should give you something scientific to read.

You claim to be an atheist,

From the Online Entomology Dictionary,

atheist (n.)
1570s, from French athéiste (16c.), from Greek atheos "without god, denying the gods; abandoned of the gods; godless, ungodly," from a- "without" + theos "a god" (see theo-).

but by your own words you are saying/proving there is a God.

So the real issue/question here is, after reading your posts and all of your efforts to try and convince yourself, by coming to a Christian Forum and arguing with us who believe there is a God, there is no God, ...what happened in your life to cause you to turn away from God?

Just take a minute to think about it,

...with all of the hatred, anger, blasphemous things you have said against Him, tried to bring Him down, drag His name in the mud,

...at this very moment in time, while you are reading this,

Gene

Firstly, I should point out that I feel absolutely no hatred or anger towards any gods, that would be odd considering my stance wouldn't it?

I'm not arguing about whether there is a god, I'm just learning a little about the bible and belief systems. Nothing turned me away from god as I've never known who he was, I come from a family where religion played no part whatsoever in my upbringing.

I'll ask you the same question I posted on my thread when asked about how I can not believe in gods, let's take the Egyptian god Osiris. Do you believe in this god? If not, then how can you be absolutely sure that this god of the afterlife doesn't exist?

I don't claim to be atheist, I know I am atheist.

I think it's a legitimate question to ask an atheist what his motivation is in learning about the bible and belief systems. It makes a difference between who will want to answer your questions. An agnostic indicates no belief but is open - an atheist is not.

Firstly, I should point out that I feel absolutely no hatred or anger towards any gods, that would be odd considering my stance wouldn't it?

I'm not arguing about whether there is a god, I'm just learning a little about the bible and belief systems. Nothing turned me away from god as I've never known who he was, I come from a family where religion played no part whatsoever in my upbringing.

I'll ask you the same question I posted on my thread when asked about how I can not believe in gods, let's take the Egyptian god Osiris. Do you believe in this god? If not, then how can you be absolutely sure that this god of the afterlife doesn't exist?

Have you ever played the video Game 'Children of the Nile' In that game you have to make shrines to Osiris, Isis, Ptah, Baspt, and so fourth. If you don't, the people get mad as they can't worship. Hapi is the God of the harvest from the Nile. Bad harvest and you get accused of not making Hapi more... um.. Happy.

The Game is very strange though. Even though there are large amounts of options, 3 different temple sizes to dedicate to each God you need dedicated to. Statues which give you prestige. Spending tremendous amounts of resources in the game to build temples or statues give you any benefit from any of the many gods.

In fact the gods don't effect gamplay or make better harvest. They do nothing.

Proof enough for me they are not real. Some may require more proof than this, but I am simple this way.

Tubby, you didn't answer any of my questions, a little respect please, answer the questions before you change the subject.

Follow the logic that you claim, purport to believe in, ...to be an atheist means you have turned away from a God or gods, so then to be able to turn away from a god or gods you had to first believe in one or them!

You say you want to learn Scripture, here is one specifically for you that says you do/did know there is a God, ...take some time and meditate on it and you will find yourself looking into a mirror,

For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them. For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse. Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things. Rom 1:18-23

With the words in red God has answered your question about Osiris.

Blessings,

Gene

I had a very old and wise professor many years ago that said to us................

The only reason why science is so focused on millions of years ago and dinosaurs, is because they can not disprove Calvary and the work of Jesus Christ on the cross that was just 2000 years ago. So then, their effort is to cause discourse and offer questions that counter the original Creation story from God.

That sounds simplistic but as I grow older it is making a lot of sense to me.

The real lesson then in all of this evolution and creation stuff is that it is not important HOW you start............it is only important HOW YOU FINISH!!!
That's it, every fairy tale needs the a LONG LONG time ago. In the context of these extreme time periods they can make folks believe anything.

I would have to disagree, you make it sound as though science has an ultimate aim to disprove something. 1. It is not a means to an end, it's just a conclusion born from observation.

2. I really don't get this idea that science aims to disprove god, it simply does not care about god that's all.

1. Is it really? Observation of creation should lead to one conclusion... Powerful Creator (intelligent design + universe) from a realm not limited by the laws of physics (you know, 0 + 0 is never 1 in this realm). The observations of ''science'' seek to never include God. Hence the really ''crazy / far out'' belief of evolution. Rofl, it is easier to believe a spider becomes spiderman then a flatworm, us over 550 million years. The science community is forced to carry a sick child in evolution.

2. If you pay close attention to the claims of evolution you will see it says God is evil (natural selection prior to mankinds sin = evil God), cross is a joke (evolving intelligence / accountability) and God's word / bible is recent dogma (intelligent man = 200k years ago, so where is the 194k missing scripture?)

Sorry, Christians today are just not naive enough to fall for ''it is science''. Gravity has observable consequences. Evolution does not. Let that sink in my friend.

Have you ever played the video Game 'Children of the Nile' In that game you have to make shrines to Osiris, Isis, Ptah, Baspt, and so fourth. If you don't, the people get mad as they can't worship. Hapi is the God of the harvest from the Nile. Bad harvest and you get accused of not making Hapi more... um.. Happy.

The Game is very strange though. Even though there are large amounts of options, 3 different temple sizes to dedicate to each God you need dedicated to. Statues which give you prestige. Spending tremendous amounts of resources in the game to build temples or statues give you any benefit from any of the many gods.

In fact the gods don't effect gamplay or make better harvest. They do nothing.

Proof enough for me they are not real. Some may require more proof than this, but I am simple this way.

Nope, never played that game but by the sound of your description I think I will stay clear of it.

OK, if this game is proof of non-existance of Egyptian gods for you, how about Greek gods? What about Jupiter, the 'king of the gods, father of Venus', what is your proof that this god doesn't exist?

Josh McDowell, writes in his book Evidence that Demands a Verdict, "The following probabilities show that coincidence is ruled out by the science of probability. By using the modern science of probability in reference to eight prophecies, ‘we find that the chance that any man might have lived down to the present time and fulfilled all eight prophecies is 1 in 10 to the 17th power." That would be 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000."

Tubby, you didn't answer any of my questions, a little respect please, answer the questions before you change the subject.

Follow the logic that you claim, purport to believe in, ...to be an atheist means you have turned away from a God or gods, so then to be able to turn away from a god or gods you had to first believe in one or them!

I'm not being disrespectful, there are a lot of questions flying around and I sometimes miss one or two. Perhaps there should be another thread for this topic.

'To be an atheist means you have turned away from gods' is not applicable in my case, maybe for others but certainly not for me. I've already explained that my upbringing was completely without religious scripture, gods, church or anything that would place a god in my mind. That may seem to be a very strange conception for you I understand, but it's perfectly normal for me because that's all I have ever known. So, I'll repeat, I have never 'had to first believe in one of them', if you can't accept that statement then you and I are stuck in a perpetual argument I'm afraid. It's one thing that you question why I am atheist, or indeed what it actually means but to argue that I am NOT atheist in the first place is midly condescending.

You say you want to learn Scripture, here is one specifically for you that says you do/did know there is a God, ...take some time and meditate on it and you will find yourself looking into a mirror,

For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them. For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse. Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things. Rom 1:18-23

With the words in red God has answered your question about Osiris.

Blessings,

Gene

I've given your scripture some thought but with all respect, it seems to need a belief in god BEFORE you can fully accept what it is saying? I see the words in red effectively discount all other gods as false, is your god the only one to claim he is the only true god? I'm no expert in theology but I'm guessing there have been plenty of other gods that make that exact same claim?

I'm not being disrespectful, there are a lot of questions flying around and I sometimes miss one or two. Perhaps there should be another thread for this topic.

'To be an atheist means you have turned away from gods' is not applicable in my case, maybe for others but certainly not for me. I've already explained that my upbringing was completely without religious scripture, gods, church or anything that would place a god in my mind. That may seem to be a very strange conception for you I understand, but it's perfectly normal for me because that's all I have ever known. So, I'll repeat, I have never 'had to first believe in one of them', if you can't accept that statement then you and I are stuck in a perpetual argument I'm afraid. It's one thing that you question why I am atheist, or indeed what it actually means but to argue that I am NOT atheist in the first place is midly condescending.

I've given your scripture some thought but with all respect, it seems to need a belief in god BEFORE you can fully accept what it is saying? I see the words in red effectively discount all other gods as false, is your god the only one to claim he is the only true god? I'm no expert in theology but I'm guessing there have been plenty of other gods that make that exact same claim?

Christ is the only one that can be proven. IMHO. Everything else can't be proven.

Nope, never played that game but by the sound of your description I think I will stay clear of it.

OK, if this game is proof of non-existance of Egyptian gods for you, how about Greek gods? What about Jupiter, the 'king of the gods, father of Venus', what is your proof that this god doesn't exist?

I have not played a Game with those gods in them. If I do, I'll let you know if the God's helped out or not.

So have we no been drawn down to discuss "gods" . The bible explains these "gods" as well as being false. Its a matter of faith not mans logic.

The fallacy in what you say Tubby is clear: you have no background and no knowledge of God but have already rejected Him. You don't know all science knows but accept that. News flash: science has come to a new theory: there is a designer.

The fallacy in what you say Tubby is clear: you have no background and no knowledge of God but have already rejected Him. You don't know all science knows but accept that. News flash: science has come to a new theory: there is a designer.

I have no knowledge of god but have not rejected god per say. I don't reject those things that I have seen no proof of.

I don't know all that has been proven by science of course. I understand the process by which theories are developed though.

I can read scientific proofs and look at the evidence and choose to accept or reject that paper.

I could say the same about a theist I suppose, you reject science without fully understanding it but accepts the bible without question. I think that may be the crux of 'my problem' - I need the option to refuse a science paper because it doesn't add up to me. I want to be able to question everything and if I chose the bible, that wouldn't be available to me any more.

I have no knowledge of god but have not rejected god per say. I don't reject those things that I have seen no proof of.

I don't know all that has been proven by science of course. I understand the process by which theories are developed though.

I can read scientific proofs and look at the evidence and choose to accept or reject that paper.

I could say the same about a theist I suppose, you reject science without fully understanding it but accepts the bible without question. I think that may be the crux of 'my problem' - I need the option to refuse a science paper because it doesn't add up to me. I want to be able to question everything and if I chose the bible, that wouldn't be available to me any more.

Sure you do, every day. You accept and reject things everyday by what man says. You accept things because they are common knowledge, but you still take man's word for it if you've not experienced it yourself. But you're correct, because of the correct word order and certain choice vocabulary words are enough to convince you the information presented is true. How many have been fooled by choice words thrown at them by their government, or corrupt preachers or con artists?

Have you give honest thought as to why you are compelled to learn about Genesis and why you're hesitant to believe? The first might be elusive, but we know, however the second is easy: it's what you were taught as a child, through schools, movies, TV shows, televangelists, even your own thinking. Truth has no agenda and can only be accepted or rejected. It's like math, which is why people have such a hard time with it, they're both unforgiving when you make a mistake.

Let me ask you this question: what is the best way to defeat the U.S. dollar? The enemies of the State make counterfeits. You may be able to spend them without a problem, but take it to a bank and it's caught. How? Because they're trained to spot a fake. Now, apply this to God's word. Who is God's enemy? What would he do? He'd created 103 complete English bible translations (it is the de facto universal language) and with them make 41,000 "Christian" denominations. Yet it doesn't happen overnight. A little lie is introduced here, a "new" fragment of a papyrus is discovered which changes a meaning here, an update to linguistics there, and there you go, chaos. But God is prepared for that.

1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)
For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

And here's why you have the desire to learn Genesis:

Romans 2:15a (KJV)
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness...

Just some thoughts... :)

Last edited:
Sure you do, every day. You accept and reject things everyday by what man says. You accept things because they are common knowledge, but you still take man's word for it if you've not experienced it yourself. But you're correct, because of the correct word order and certain choice vocabulary words are enough to convince you the information presented is true. How many have been fooled by choice words thrown at them by their government, or corrupt preachers or con artists?

Have you give honest thought as to why you are compelled to learn about Genesis and why you're hesitant to believe? The first might be elusive, but we know, however the second is easy: it's what you were taught as a child, through schools, movies, TV shows, televangelists, even your own thinking. Truth has no agenda and can only be accepted or rejected. It's like math, which is why people have such a hard time with it, they're both unforgiving when you make a mistake.

I'm interested in Genesis because it's an explanation of the birth of the Universe that I don't understand and want to look at so that I can honestly say I have considered it.

Let me ask you this question: what is the best way to defeat the U.S. dollar? The enemies of the State make counterfeits. You may be able to spend them without a problem, but take it to a bank and it's caught. How? Because they're trained to spot a fake. Now, apply this to God's word. Who is God's enemy? What would he do? He'd created 103 complete English bible translations (it is the de facto universal language) and with them make 41,000 "Christian" denominations. Yet it doesn't happen overnight. A little lie is introduced here, a "new" fragment of a papyrus is discovered which changes a meaning here, an update to linguistics there, and there you go, chaos. But God is prepared for that.

That's a bit obscure for me in all honesty, but I sort of get the idea.

1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)
For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

And here's why you have the desire to learn Genesis:

Romans 2:15a (KJV)
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness...

Just some thoughts... :)
These scriptures for me seem to imply that I need to believe in god before I can understand them.

I'm interested in Genesis because it's an explanation of the birth of the Universe that I don't understand and want to look at so that I can honestly say I have considered it.

These scriptures for me seem to imply that I need to believe in god before I can understand them.

Yep:

2 Corinthians 4:3-5 (KJV)
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Josh McDowell, writes in his book Evidence that Demands a Verdict, "The following probabilities show that coincidence is ruled out by the science of probability. By using the modern science of probability in reference to eight prophecies, ‘we find that the chance that any man might have lived down to the present time and fulfilled all eight prophecies is 1 in 10 to the 17th power." That would be 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000."

Yep......I read the book also. A really good read. I recommend it!

Don't you turn the key in the ignition of your car expecting it to start without knowing the ration of oxygen compared to fuel that is need for it to start. That is FAITH isn't it.

Back