Did I Get Saved Yet?

I just learned that it's not so scary to be saved after all, so yesterday a person sent me a link where it says that how do I get saved,

and then there was this prayer where it said that that prayer will save,

WRONG^^ you put your faith in the prayer. That does nothing to save.

and I decided to give everything to Jesus...

WRONG ^^ giving everything is the opposite way of being saved because salvation is a free gift.

Few minutes after praying, I got the ability of controlling my lust and some other things,

WRONG^^ salvation has nothing to do with controlling your sins. Salvation is about forgiveness of sins, based on the propitiatory work of the cross.

but I need to remember that what were the other things that happened to me then...

What are the signs of a person being saved for the first time of the life?

The Understanding of Forgiveness in Christ ^^

And what does the Holy Spirit or your spirit tell you about me? Am I saved?

That you are avoiding the truth.

I will get baptized too, but to get baptized, can it be any place where there is water, or does it have to be a lake only?

Dear Polly,

Salvation is a free gift from God.
If you believe that Jesus died a substitutionary death in your place for all of your sins past present and future, and you believe that God raised Him from the dead to signify God's acceptance of the price for all of your sins past present and future, if you believed that message you were saved even before you said that prayer and you already have eternal life now.

If you were to die today and God asked you; Polly, why should I let you go to heaven?

What would you tell Him?

Dear Polly,

Salvation is a free gift from God.
If you believe that Jesus died a substitutionary death in your place for all of your sins past present and future, and you believe that God raised Him from the dead to signify God's acceptance of the price for all of your sins past present and future, if you believed that message you were saved even before you said that prayer and you already have eternal life now.

If you were to die today and God asked you; Polly, why should I let you go to heaven?

What would you tell Him?
Yes, ofcourse I believe all of those things, and I would say that I go to Heaven because God loves me.

Your evidence of salvation will begin to show in 'change' (repentance): You become a new creature according to the Word. Following through with your salvation by obedience-like baptism- is a good start. Change will come IF you allow it. LET the Holy Spirit guide you. Not your olde ways. Seek out what is right through the Bible and you will begin to bear the fruits of the Spirit.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that NOTHING we can do 'saves' us. We are saved by God's grace-through our faith; Jesus Christ did ALL the work, He paid ALL the price. The prayer is a simple confession to the Lord and a verbal acceptance of the Gift of our LORD. But it is the heart that God sees and judges by, the true change happens there; and what comes 'out' of us is the proof of that change.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

I am now automatically very scared of sex and lusting, and romantic sex kind of scares me now... I have turned almost asexual...

Is this really a sign of being saved? Or am I just delusional because I am too excited or thinking wishfully?

I think you will just naturally have an aversion to those things and knowing that they have nothing good to offeryou. Old things have passed away and you are a new creation in Christ. You can be guided by the Holy Spirit and you will want to please God in everything you do. It's so great because sometimes before we're saved we wonder how we can live without certain things but living our life for God is so much better than ever. It is really so amazing and beautiful in God's eyes to live for Him.

I am now automatically very scared of sex and lusting, and romantic sex kind of scares me now... I have turned almost asexual...

Is this really a sign of being saved? Or am I just delusional because I am too excited or thinking wishfully?

Polly you don't need to doubt just keep believing. God loves you and has drawn you to himself. We discussed the death, burial, and resurrection and how salvation is by faith and not works. I know you know this and I believe the missionaries discussed the same things with you. Into joy is wrong about lustful thoughts because when you are saved you are a new creation like we discussed. God's Spirit will now teach you and give you power and the fruit of the Spirit. It is God's Spirit working in you helping you to feel different. God told me you are in his hands. I know he will keep guiding you. I believe that God is working with you. I have believed this from the first day I wrote to you. Keep believing and if you hear doubts keep saying your affirmation until those doubts disappear.

May Polly be blessed with great peace, understanding, love, joy, and much fruit in the Holy Spirit. May God guide her in all things and show her new beauties from himself daily. May God give her purpose and meaning and fill her with great strength and newness of life.
I love you Polly.

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9. Salvation is that simple - nothing more or less to it. :)
Yes, I did so, but now I wonder that what if I doubted? I can't hear God's voice so well yet...

Yes, I did so, but now I wonder that what if I doubted? I can't hear God's voice so well yet...

Doubt is a favorite weapon of satan. Read 1 John...it reveals how we KNOW we are His. :) As you grow in Christ you will find what is in 1 John to be more and more true of you. :)

And as for hearing God....that is something you learn as you walk. It becomes more clear as you mature in Him - as there is more of Him and less of you! Really get into the New Testament Polly.....and the Spirit - if you ask - will surely help you understand! :)

Reactions: Sal
Doubt is a favorite weapon of satan. Read 1 John...it reveals how we KNOW we are His. :) As you grow in Christ you will find what is in 1 John to be more and more true of you. :)

And as for hearing God....that is something you learn as you walk. It becomes more clear as you mature in Him - as there is more of Him and less of you! Really get into the New Testament Polly.....and the Spirit - if you ask - will surely help you understand! :)
But do you just know that I am finally saved? Does your Spirit or the Holy Spirit tell you that I am saved?

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Romans 8:16.

"For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. 15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: 16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Hebrews 10:14-16.

Love, no one can tell you if you are saved or not. I don't care how "in the Spirit" or how mature one might be - no man can tell you if you are saved. This is something that is between you and God. The SPIRIT testifies to YOU that you are the child of God!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16. Do you believe this Polly? Do you believe this right now? Then you are saved! Salvation is the gift of Christ - we just take Him at His Word. It it not something that you do once. It is something you always believe.

Choose to resist the doubt in the Strength of the Spirit. Believe the Truth of God and allow the Spirit to testify to YOU that you are saved! Go to the Source! :)

And if I doubt, will I lose my salvation?

No. You will only hinder yourself if you doubt. Salvation is the work of the Lord. "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2.

It does not depend on anything you do or do not do. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—9 not by works, so that no one can boast.10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10.

This is reliant on God from start to finish. So trust God to finish all that He has in store for you! "Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault." Jude 1:24.

Pray for a future Godly husband; if it be the Lord's will for you, be obedient to God first and you might be surprised to find out that the Lord WANTS to bless you....

Pray for a future Godly husband; if it be the Lord's will for you, be obedient to God first and you might be surprised to find out that the Lord WANTS to bless you....
You mean that who knows if God wants me to be single forever?

And can I pray that I get the man what I want, or does God choose the man for me?

Yes, ofcourse I believe all of those things, and I would say that I go to Heaven because God loves me.

No, you do not go to heaven because God loves you and neither do I.

Try and explain exactly why you are saved and how it is that you can be forgiven.

You mean that who knows if God wants me to be single forever?

And can I pray that I get the man what I want, or does God choose the man for me?

God WANTS to give you your hearts desire IF it is within His grace and plan for your life. But you have to do it HIS way; not what you think is right.

Be honest with God; build your relationship with Christ first:Matthew 6: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Tell Him your hearts desires.

God WANTS to give you your hearts desire IF it is within His grace and plan for your life. But you have to do it HIS way; not what you think is right.

Be honest with God; build your relationship with Christ first:Matthew 6: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Tell Him your hearts desires.
Oh you mean that only if it's not against God's law? Because I am worried if you mean that God might have a plan to keep me single forever...

Back