Did Jesus Died On Good Friday And Rose Early Sunday Morning?

In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 12: 15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

In I John (4:1) it tells you to try the spirits. How does one try the spirits? By the word of God.

Your answer to your own question is quite broad ?
...... when the answer is clearly stated in the next verses:

1 John 4
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Peace to you as well....

And you have no comment in my post #56

Your answer is broad: “the scriptures”…. I dare not use the same terms you use.

The devil can use it as well in the temptation of Christ.

Legalism, where you belong as I see it, can use it as well.

As well as Christian liberty, based on grace, faith, and it’s corresponding fruits: works of love in action.

Why can you not answer a simple question in defense of the doctrine you are trying to teach? I think I know.

1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

I knew your heart was far from me, thanks for proving me right.

In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 12: 15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

I agree thats why I keep asking for you to demonstrate a late Sabbath resurrection from the scriptures...so unless you can, this Proverbs applies to you not me. Early on I gave 10 scriptures that show 3rd day which was the 1st day of the week...you said no His resurrection was on the Sabbath now please show us...

Bro.tan,

re: "His death Wednesday night is consistent with the comment of the prophet Daniel, stating the Messiah would be cut off (killed) in the midst of the week."

Matthew 27:46 suggests that it was around 3pm in the afternoon. Where do you get that it was during night time?

BC this passage speaks of His being cut off in the midst of the 70th week of years...His ministry (according to the feasts in John) lasted 3 1/2 years...

Brother Paul,

re: "BC this passage speaks of His being cut off in the midst of the 70th week of years...His ministry (according to the feasts in John) lasted 3 1/2 years... "

Who is BC, and what is your comment to him/her regarding?

It was an acronym for Belief of Choice...and it was bro tan that made this application (which I think was incorrect), sorry...I see you were questioning a Evening death...(which I agree with you is not scriptural but then neither is a 7th day Sabbath resurrection). Please accept my apology...peace be unto you...

I knew your heart was far from me, thanks for proving me right.
Not really concerned about having a heart that seeks after man, but a heart that seeks after God. If you are saying you reject me in some way? I allow that you must answer to God with your own conscience.

Brotan has used this verse in both of his threads "In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 12: 15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."

He in no way sees himself as the fool and yet he takes no counsel, ever. He says on one thread that we can only achieve salvation if we follow the Mosaic Law, in one - and in this he says we are not celebrating Christ resurrection on the "correct" day per scripture. He seeks confusion and should be ignored.

Jesus was always being inquired of by the Jews for a sign. He gave them one in reference to His death and resurrection. He told them that just like Jonas, He would be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights. In the Gospel of John Jesus again gave the Jews a sign by telling them if this temple was destroyed He would raise it up in 3 days. Jesus was referring to His body.

(Matthew 12:38) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus makes it clear the time between His death and resurrection would be 3 days and 3 nights.

The tradition of Good Friday and Easter clearly does not line up with scripture. Because following this tradition the maximum one has Jesus in the grave is 1 day and 2 nights. Can't get three days and three nights from good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning.

Brotan has used this verse in both of his threads "In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 12: 15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."

He in no way sees himself as the fool and yet he takes no counsel, ever. He says on one thread that we can only achieve salvation if we follow the Mosaic Law, in one - and in this he says we are not celebrating Christ resurrection on the "correct" day per scripture. He seeks confusion and should be ignored.

I didn't use the term Mosaic law.

The bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible, from Genesis to Revelation, so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15).

Jesus was always being inquired of by the Jews for a sign. He gave them one in reference to His death and resurrection. He told them that just like Jonas, He would be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights. In the Gospel of John Jesus again gave the Jews a sign by telling them if this temple was destroyed He would raise it up in 3 days. Jesus was referring to His body.

(Matthew 12:38) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus makes it clear the time between His death and resurrection would be 3 days and 3 nights.

The tradition of Good Friday and Easter clearly does not line up with scripture. Because following this tradition the maximum one has Jesus in the grave is 1 day and 2 nights. Can't get three days and three nights from good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning.

Brother Tan, you should go back and re-read all the posts so we do not have to reinvent the wheel. I will put this simply....Hebrews think in terms of evenings and mornings (from evening to morning is one 24 hour period). 72 hours would be 3 evenings and 3 mornings. Secondly, 3 full days and 3 full nights makes a 4th day resurrection which contradicts so much scripture. Also in every other scriptural case the 3rd day preceding the 3rd night is the time of the event ( I showed this from Esther and Samuel). Finally, the Rabbis themselves tell us about this form of reasoning (source was provided) where any part of day one counts as the first of the days and any part of the final day counts as the final day.

So now please show scripture which shows an evening death (since the scriptures show a before evening death) and a 7th day Sabbath resurrection as you claim (since the Bible says ON THE Third day...which would precede the third night in your logic). Thanks

Come on bro...no more eisegesis...just quote the passages.

Last edited:
Bro Tan,

I am sure you are being sincere but like the Boreans you should search the scriptures daily to see whether these things be true. Don't just presume that things that come to you in the spirit are of the Spirit...the Spirit and the word are one, they would not contradict each other. Being corrected by Scripture and the humility to be so is part of growing more mature in the Spirit. I have been corrected (I was proven to have had a misapplication of Romans 12:3 and it led to a false supposition on my part) at times and rather then try to bear false witness against the brethren I admitted I was incorrect our brother correct and then I just lined up more fully with the truth. The same long ago with my understanding of Ephesians 2:8,9...I was taught it says "faith" is the gift of God but I was shown that to not be accurate from the Greek and now when I read it I can only see what it actually says...being saved is the gift and it is by grace through faith....I was wrong then (although this one I had been taught by my pastor...he was wrong as well but refused to change his opinion) I know the truth now...walk therefore in the truth...

No I am not saying you can not have you understanding (we all have some points here or there where we see something differently) but we all should be growing toward our goal conforming to what the word says not what we or someone else thinks or says it means. By asking for you to demonstrate it from the word of God is not unreasonable nor is it legalistic or Satanic but if the word says something and you say something different why should we believe you without you showing us? You have weighed in and contributed on other threads but on this one I think you are incorrect.

in His love

brother Paul

Brother Tan, you should go back and re-read all the posts so we do not have to reinvent the wheel. I will put this simply....Hebrews think in terms of evenings and mornings (from evening to morning is one 24 hour period). 72 hours would be 3 evenings and 3 mornings. Secondly, 3 full days and 3 full nights makes a 4th day resurrection which contradicts so much scripture. Also in every other scriptural case the 3rd day preceding the 3rd night is the time of the event ( I showed this from Esther and Samuel). Finally, the Rabbis themselves tell us about this form of reasoning (source was provided) where any part of day one counts as the first of the days and any part of the final day counts as the final day.

So now please show scripture which shows an evening death (since the scriptures show a before evening death) and a 7th day Sabbath resurrection as you claim (since the Bible says ON THE Third day...which would precede the third night in your logic). Thanks

Come on bro...no more eisegesis...just quote the passages.

I'm having a hard time understanding, why you not understanding. I post a lesson that you can take your time and go back and read, but you have not given me anything. I all ready prove that good Friday to Easter Sunday morning was a fable, according to mans tradition. The math is simple. In looking at the previous scriptures one should now have a better understanding, as to what took place. Remember Mary did not come to the Grave site until the first day of the week which is Sunday. (John 20:1) "The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher", And it was early in the morning and it was still dark, in others words the day was changing from Saturday to Sunday. But Jesus had already risen. That's because Jesus went into His grave right before the end of the Passover or Wed. evening. The passing of the Passover brought in the Feast of the Unleavened Bread

At this point do the math and stop looking for a reason to doubt. Mary came early Sunday Morning when it was yet dark (still dark), Jesus was already gone, before Sunday morning or he would of ran in to Mary...simple. Do some homework now. Three days and three night Jesus said he would be in the grave...figure it out.

Last edited:
in others words the day was changing from Saturday to Sunday

No it was not, It was early in the morning on the 1st day, about 11 or 12 hours after the 7th day ceased and the 1st day has begun (an evening and a morning are a day, not a day and a night)

in others words the day was changing from Saturday to Sunday

No it was not, It was early in the morning on the 1st day, about 11 or 12 hours after the 7th day ceased and the 1st day has begun (an evening and a morning are a day, not a day and a night)

I agree, I got twist up in my thoughts, and I did state early in my posts that the Lord days start at evening to evening or sundown to sundown, but non the less Jesus didn't rise Sunday Morning, according to the scriptures he was gone when it was yet dark (still dark). But I know you and others will love to find any fought against me instead of really trying to find truth. I already prove two fables according to the Bible, (1) Jesus didn't rise Easter Sunday Morning or any Morning, (2) Cannot Get 3 Days and 3 Nights from good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning. But you and others still looking for a reason to find fought, your hearts are evil with this mind set. Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

But I know you and others will love to find any fought against me instead of really trying to find truth.

This is a false accusation bro Tan...and yes it was still dark (thus part of the evening or first part of the 1st day of the week)

I already prove two fables according to the Bible, (1) Jesus didn't rise Easter Sunday Morning or any Morning, (2) Cannot Get 3 Days and 3 Nights from good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning.

Well even if still dark it was the 1st day not the 7th day Sabbath ("Sunday" came later in history for them as this name for the 1st day was not even in their frame of reference) and no you did not prove anything about the idiom "three days and three nights"...I in fact showed YOU that any part of day 1 counts as all of day 1 and any part of day 3 can be counted as all of day three...(I have no problem with you not agreeing...some have applied this factual information bore out in other places (like my Esther reference and Samuel reference) to see a our Thurs afternoon crucifixion/death but I say our Fri afternoon...I can see their perspective. Now I have dealt with the Wed crucifixion school so many times and it only pans out if the three days and three nights is a full 72 hours which means He rose on the 4th day (making Christ a liar)

brother Paul

Back