Disagreements In Christianity

I have noticed a lot of different beliefs among Christians due to all the different denominations in Christianity. I can understand when someone doesn't know something, but once they are taught and still don't understand I start to become concerned. The Holy Spirit is given to believers and is suppose to teach its recipients all things (John 14:26) so i'm confused why Christians would be having different interpretations. I have been trying to just accept that I shouldn't judge because that is up to God, and that if the person claims they believe in Jesus as their savior then that is all that really matters and I shouldn't bother with lesser important arguments (Romans 14:1-23). But then I also believe in correcting a brother... I am confused because if all believers are indwelled with the Holy Spirit then shouldn't we all be agreeing?

Last edited:
I think the issue lies in ''correcting''. Our pride wants to see visible / immediate signs of correction. When the Holy Spirit doesn't always work like that. Especially on immaterial matters and even more so where both parties quote scripture truthfully.

Seriously though, I'm wondering some of the same things, God is Love. When I don't have a horse in the race, because I haven't decided on a non-salvation issue, I liked to see both? sides - maybe I mean all sides because there can be more than 2. But in the end, only one path can be right for me.

I have noticed a lot of different beliefs among Christians due to all the different denominations in Christianity. I can understand when someone doesn't know something, but once they are taught and still don't understand I start to become concerned. The Holy Spirit is given to believers and is suppose to teach its recipients all things (John 14:26) so i'm confused why Christians would be having different interpretations. I have been trying to just accept that I shouldn't judge because that is up to God, and that if the person claims they believe in Jesus as their savior then that is all that really matters and I shouldn't bother with lesser important arguments (Romans 14:1-23). But then I also believe in correcting a brother... I am confused because if all believers are indwelled with the Holy Spirit then shouldn't we all be agreeing?
The answer is in Luke 5:39 And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for they say, ‘The old is better

Just a thought, but why is it necessary to correct one another at all? To me it's far more important that we can agree to disagree. After all in matters of Christianity there isn't really any place to correct, unless it's a matter where the answer is very obvious. The rest of the time all we have are our own interpretations. And those interpretations have come from someone else's interpretation. Someone once told me that there were no gray areas in Christianity, only black and white. But I disagree, I think MOST of Christianity is gray areas where people have different understandings.

Just a thought, but why is it necessary to correct one another at all? To me it's far more important that we can agree to disagree. After all in matters of Christianity there isn't really any place to correct, unless it's a matter where the answer is very obvious. The rest of the time all we have are our own interpretations. And those interpretations have come from someone else's interpretation. Someone once told me that there were no gray areas in Christianity, only black and white. But I disagree, I think MOST of Christianity is gray areas where people have different understandings.
Correcting another means you're correct and the other person is wrong. And I agree these are many areas where it isn't black or white.

Sometimes (actually much of the time) it's best to agree to disagree.

2 Timothy 4:2

The problem is that there are more pseudo Christians than real. Some people have just fallen in love with the historical figure of Jesus, but they don't really know Him. Others pray a canned prayer and think they're Christians when they are not and never change, but worst off now because they think they're Christians when they are not. Others are intellectual Christians, full of knowledge, and human-effort understanding, but they've never met Him. It's like looking at postcards of the Grand Canyon or the Eiffel Tower and claiming they've been there. They can quote tons of facts about the subject but are never in awe. This is the meaning of the word "fear" in this verse:

Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)
The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The problem everyone DOES preach the word. But they all understand its meaning differently.
Yep, it's the damage done by cemeteries, I mean seminaries :D and lazy Christians (of which I count myself). For the bulk of my Christian life I've lived off the information of others rather than doing my own homework. Now that I am, I find so much of what I was taught was wrong. It's a VERY painful road to unlearn so much dogma and pure junk.

In my experience, on this forum (because I don't go to others, there are as many reason for disagreement as there are disagreements. I have seen two people who start out agreeing, wind up in a flame war, because they read each other wrong and boom - pride takes over. And we forget, sometimes thatt words can hurt. We should be able to have our say without rancor and people are going to disagree. I come to learn and understand and that never seems to occur on nasty scripture swap eswords swinging pride fests. My mind is open enough to learn and I do want to know if maybe I am heading down the wrong path. We are typing as we think and sometimes we screw up what we are trying to say. Give people the benefit of the doubt and ask exactly what they mean. When it's clear, be civil - disagree and say why. And try not to assume what others mean - they may not mean what you think. No one but God has all the answers.

In my experience, on this forum (because I don't go to others, there are as many reason for disagreement as there are disagreements. I have seen two people who start out agreeing, wind up in a flame war, because they read each other wrong and boom - pride takes over. And we forget, sometimes thatt words can hurt. We should be able to have our say without rancor and people are going to disagree. I come to learn and understand and that never seems to occur on nasty scripture swap eswords swinging pride fests. My mind is open enough to learn and I do want to know if maybe I am heading down the wrong path. We are typing as we think and sometimes we screw up what we are trying to say. Give people the benefit of the doubt and ask exactly what they mean. When it's clear, be civil - disagree and say why. And try not to assume what others mean - they may not mean what you think. No one but God has all the answers.
I'm guilty of that for sure.

Yep, it's the damage done by cemeteries, I mean seminaries :D and lazy Christians (of which I count myself). For the bulk of my Christian life I've lived off the information of others rather than doing my own homework. Now that I am, I find so much of what I was taught was wrong. It's a VERY painful road to unlearn so much dogma and pure junk.
Seminaries do damage? Isn't that where you're going to learn the basics?

Seminaries do damage? Isn't that where you're going to learn the basics?
Oh you bet they cause damage!

Man's way:
schooling, diploma, training, worldly concepts to build an empire - lot's of Bible but no God​
God's way:
1 John 2:27 (KJV)
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Give them time and they'll all go the way of Harvard: starts out as a seminary eventually only elitists can afford to attend and buy a piece of paper, and that piece of paper gets you into a dream job which teaches you "it's not personal, it's only business" and we have the American way, man's way.

Man's way:
schooling, diploma, training​
None of those things sound bad to me. And is it really "man's way" if what's being taught is the word of God?

God's way:
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I don't understand. This is not the first time "anointing" has come up and the way I was led to understand it before was that God bestows this magical gift on you, almost as if with a magic wand or something. So you do nothing at all, and God gives you this gift? If I'm wrong, tell me, I want to understand this "anointing".​

Man's way:
schooling, diploma, training, worldly concepts to build an empire - lot's of Bible but no God​
God's way:
Give them time and they'll all go the way of Harvard: starts out as a seminary eventually only elitists can afford to attend and buy a piece of paper, and that piece of paper gets you into a dream job which teaches you "it's not personal, it's only business" and we have the American way, man's way.

Ideally, you would have both the Holy Spirit and a good education. However, if someone is going to be a pastor or minister, I would want to know they had some formal training in it. I also like to see some form of apostolic succession, which is suppose to determine if someone has the Spirit of God in them.

Ideally, you would have both the Holy Spirit and a good education. However, if someone is going to be a pastor or minister, I would want to know they had some formal training in it. I also like to see some form of apostolic succession, which is suppose to determine if someone has the Spirit of God in them.
Yes, I agree with this. Education is very important, it can't just be someone saying that they were given a special favor and insight by God. For one thing, anyone can do that, and for another, it comes across arrogant.

Back