Discernment

Apr 11, 2014
PA, USA
This scripture is also interesting when discussing discernment:
1 Corinthians 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. 30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.

This speaks of discernment as a group. The early church may have seemed strange to us with anyone who is inspired getting up to preach. Then the group discusses what can be learned from those who prophesied.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Feb 7, 2015
Again I will say that Discernment goes far beyond understanding scripture.

Discernment must be used in relation to 2Corinthians 10:5
We must discern where every thought came from and must be able to discern every bit of trickery and camouflaged deception created just for us.

Discernment must be a part of every thing we allow our selves to take in. Notice 1John 4:1
We are instructed to test the Spirit and not the doctrine.

I don't care how religious a message sounds, if the spirit is not right then the message is avoided.

Discernment is a vital and most necessary tool in spiritual warfare.

Blessings in Christ

Jul 29, 2018
Georgia
Yesterday we discussed Wisdom. Today can we discuss discernment?
Why is discernment a gift? Shouldn't we all want discernment?
Discernment provides an adequate way of interpreting God's word. The devil often disguises himself as holy using vain words to lead us astray. Discernment is God's gift to us because we can quickly refer to what the good book says and ignore the vain and perverse words the devil is tricking us with. In ephesians we can discern the spirit when we throw out all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Amens/Likes: Major
Jul 29, 2018
Georgia
Again I will say that Discernment goes far beyond understanding scripture.

Discernment must be used in relation to 2Corinthians 10:5
We must discern where every thought came from and must be able to discern every bit of trickery and camouflaged deception created just for us.

Discernment must be a part of every thing we allow our selves to take in. Notice 1John 4:1
We are instructed to test the Spirit and not the doctrine.

I don't care how religious a message sounds, if the spirit is not right then the message is avoided.

Discernment is a vital and most necessary tool in spiritual warfare.

Blessings in Christ
Spiritual warfare is what helps us prevail against unholy and unrighteous actions.