Do you believe in HELL?

violet

Inactive
Do you believe in HELL?

Curious about this subject.
I don't like stirring up debates or arguments so let's not let that happen.
On the same hand, we, as Followers of Christ must discuss all important issues of the Bible.
The Truth is to be shared!

What kind of Hell? There are like 3 or 4 Greek words translated to Hell.

If Hell you are referring to the Lake of Fire......Yes I believe in Hell.

However Satan is the first damned to the Lake of Fire (Ezekiel 28:18) as the Lake of Fire is after the Mellineum Age.

Nobody is at there yet.

Jag

Satan is the AntiChrist. He is coming at the sixth trumpet claiming to be God (II Thessalonians 2:4) The true Christ comes at the seventh trumpet. (Revelation 11:15) to take us out of this stinking flesh body. (I Corinthians 15:50-54, I Thessalonians 4:14-17)

After the Mellenium Age, (after 1000 years or 1 God day) Satan will come back for a little season to deceive. (Revelation 20:3, Revelation 20:7-8) After that is over...Judgement Day will come. (Revelation 20:11)

Jag

I believe in hell very much. I think the reality of it people dont want to think about because it is so horrible. But Jesus warned us about it over and over and over again. The Rich man was in a hell like area in the story of the rich man and Lazerous. Why would this story be told if it the place in it did not exist??

In my opinion we go to a temporary hades area. One place with a Casm in the middle. This is described in the story of the Rich man. The rich man could see Lazerous in Paradise while he was in torment. In the end people will be taken out of this area and judged at the white throne judgement. Then thrown into the Lake of Fire. We can see Paradise when Jesus says on the Cross to the thief, "Today, you will be with me in Paradise"

Also, there are many stories of people who had died and went to Hell/tormense. people have died on operating tables and woke up scared to death of whear they were. This is a very interesting phenomenon. If it were somthing that only your brain thinks up before you die then why the drastic diffrences in heavenly afterlife VS Hell afterlife. I definatly believe in it. and I dont want one person, weather they are my worst enemy or not, to go there.

Once Jesus comes for us, who is satan going to deceive?

For Christ will come down to Earth to set up His Kingdom for 1 God Day (1000 human years II Peter 3:8) During this time with Christ, Satan will be in the pit for 1000 years as there will be no confusions at all. No lies...Just Truth for the whole 1000 years. After the Mellineum Age, God allows Satan to come back to deceive as many as it can for a short season. People will have their chance to go which side they want to be with...

Jag

Certainly not everyone goes to heaven, so yes there is a place called hell.

I can name a few people who are dwelling there right now:
Adolf
Saddam
The terrorists who flew planes into the WTC

Revelation 20:10 (King James Version)

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

We can clearly see here that the devil and the beast and false prophet are separate entities~

Yes I do believe in Hell. This could be a very intense Study if anyone chooses to go there.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Please refer to Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) or Luke 16:19-31 (NLT) to go over the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man.

Remember that Luke was a medical doctor and his texts are very technical and precise. In the KJV text, the word "GULF" and in the NLT text, the word "CHASM" both refer to the two sides of paradise (Heaven):

The 'Wrong' side of the Gulf is where the souls go at their earthly flesh death who have not been taught about Christ OR decided, while on earth, to abandon or reject Christ.

The 'Good' side of the Gulf is where God's elect and ALL those souls who accepted Christ while on earth are, with Christ, awaiting the Seventh Trump - the time that the Millenium starts; a time of teaching to those on the 'wrong' side of the Gulf so they, too, may still decide to accept Christ's teachings and have salvation.

Remember, 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) says, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." Our souls are not with our decaying bodies burried out in a hole in the ground. At our earthly death, our soul returns immediately to the Father, while our earthly 'shell' returns to dust. We can also look at Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 (KJV) < click for text.

These scriptures tell us that we all go to one side of Paradise or the other and await the millenium, after which, those on the wrong side of the Gulf will once again have the opportunity to follow Satan or Christ. If they follow Satan, they will follow him right into the Lake of Fire - the second death: the death of the soul.

Hell, as described in folk lore, does not yet exist. It will be created at the very end of the millenium period and is refered to in scripture as The Lake of Fire in several places in the Book of Revelation... and YES, everyone should believe in Hell because it will be the place of death for the soul for all non believers.

I can name a few people who are dwelling there right now:
Adolf
Saddam
The terrorists who flew planes into the WTC

Anyone who has not accepted Jesus as their savior is there. Not just the bad of the bad. We have to look at it more serious than just really really bad people. theres your Athiests, your agnostics, hindus, muslims, budists, etc.

The reason for this is because if you dont accept the thing that takes your sin away, then you are carrying your sin with you. Therefore you are to pay for it in some way. The ONLY thing that takes away your sins is the blood atonment of The son of God. If you dont have that and especially if you have heard of it and chose to reject it. you are unfortunatly damed

yes good morning

Good Blessed Saturday Morning to all of you,:israel:

Yes, I believe in all the references of hell in Abbas Word...:D

However, I just want to be with Christ and where He is...:heart:

BTW biblegateway says there are 15 references to hell in Scriptures

Please refer to Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) or Luke 16:19-31 (NLT) to go over the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man.

Remember that Luke was a medical doctor and his texts are very technical and precise. In the KJV text, the word "GULF" and in the NLT text, the word "CHASM" both refer to the two sides of paradise (Heaven):

The 'Wrong' side of the Gulf is where the souls go at their earthly flesh death who have not been taught about Christ OR decided, while on earth, to abandon or reject Christ.

The 'Good' side of the Gulf is where God's elect and ALL those souls who accepted Christ while on earth are, with Christ, awaiting the Seventh Trump - the time that the Millenium starts; a time of teaching to those on the 'wrong' side of the Gulf so they, too, may still decide to accept Christ's teachings and have salvation.

Remember, 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) says, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." Our souls are not with our decaying bodies burried out in a hole in the ground. At our earthly death, our soul returns immediately to the Father, while our earthly 'shell' returns to dust. We can also look at Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 (KJV) < click for text.

These scriptures tell us that we all go to one side of Paradise or the other and await the millenium, after which, those on the wrong side of the Gulf will once again have the opportunity to follow Satan or Christ. If they follow Satan, they will follow him right into the Lake of Fire - the second death: the death of the soul.

Hell, as described in folk lore, does not yet exist. It will be created at the very end of the millenium period and is refered to in scripture as The Lake of Fire in several places in the Book of Revelation... and YES, everyone should believe in Hell because it will be the place of death for the soul for all non believers.

Thou art correct Pastor Gary. All souls goes back to the Father whom gave it.

Once the soul dies to the Lake of Fire. Nobody will remember their love ones.

Jag

I agree with gary except for one part. We dont get a second chance. the only people who come back to earth with Jesus are the saints. The believers, the bride of Christ, the Church. Then there is a 1000 year reign of Christ. The people that will be deceived will be the ones that are still alive here on earth. Not the Saints themselves or the damned. This would include Gods people, the Jews/Hebrews. They will get a chance to actually worship their Messiah. he has a special place in his heart for the Jews.

I agree with gary except for one part. We dont get a second chance. the only people who come back to earth with Jesus are the saints. The believers, the bride of Christ, the Church. Then there is a 1000 year reign of Christ. The people that will be deceived will be the ones that are still alive here on earth. Not the Saints themselves or the damned. This would include Gods people, the Jews/Hebrews. They will get a chance to actually worship their Messiah. he has a special place in his heart for the Jews.

What happen to people who never heard of Christ before in their flesh life?

Jag

Back