Do you believe in possibility of miraculous healing through faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know Jesus preformed miracles. But my question is do you believe that miraculous healings are possible now?

I firmly believe they are. I believe even today God YAHWEH does perform cures. Actually, I believe all healing is ultimately from Him.

2 Timoty 3:5 comes to mind: having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Thanks

Last edited:
We all know Jesus preformed miracles. But my question is do you believe that miraculous healings are possible now?

I firmly believe they are. I believe even today God YAHWEH does perform cures. Actually, I believe all healing is ultimately from Him.

2 Timoty 3:5 comes to mind: having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Thanks

YES!

Do you choose to believe that God does miraculous healings so as to increase your faith in God????

People all over this world today want God to perform miracles to “prove” Himself to them. They say every day...…...
“If only God would perform a miracle, sign, or wonder, then I would believe!”

I must tell you that This idea, though, is contradicted by Scripture.

When God performed amazing and powerful miracles for the Israelites, did that cause them to obey Him? No, the Israelites constantly disobeyed and rebelled against God even though they saw all the miracles.

Remember, the same people who saw God work 10 miracles on the Egyptian rulers and saw Him part the Red Sea later doubted whether God was able to conquer the inhabitants of the Promised Land and in fact begged Moses to take them back to Egypt.

Jesus performed countless miracles, yet the vast majority of people did not believe in Him. If God performed miracles today as He did in the past, the result would be the same. People would be amazed and would believe in God for a short time. That faith would be shallow and would disappear the moment something unexpected or frightening occurred. A faith based on miracles is not a mature faith.
https://www.gotquestions.org/miracles-Bible.html

As for 2 Tim. 3:5, may I say to you that the proper CONTEXT is the only way to understand the Scriptures.

As the Apostle Paul is writing this, he knows that he will soon taste death and that this epistle will likely be his last. In this situation, he gives Timothy essential instructions regarding the ministry of the church. The CONTEXT here is that Apostolic teaching on this issue is certainly clear. Not only is Scripture alone unique in its God-breathed attributes, but the church itself cannot stand without it. After all, it is the preaching of Scripture which produces the church (Rom. 10:17),

Last edited:
Yes, the Lord heals His people according to His will and plan, recognizing that it is His will and His plan that are both the empowering source, and the limiting factor, rather than our perceived needs.

As one that comes before the Lord within a context that recognizes the sciences as investigations of His world, I understand that F=MA and other fundamental physical laws if truly understood are expressions of His nature and will is just as much an expression of His Law as "Thou shall Love the Lord with all thy heart".

The two starting points (physical laws and spiritual laws) come to the central truth that the Lord is Lord of all from different directions, but neither is more fundamental in all aspects than the other. The constancy of physical laws are a picture of the unchanging nature of the Lord.

Which leads me to understand that 'miraculous' just means that we cannot understand what He is doing, nor how what He does is consistent with the 'natural' laws that are expressions of His divine (and unchanging) nature.

I do not believe that one can maneuver the Lord in to a healing contrary to His plan, whether by some special prayer, or by some special act. And although there are believers that can facilitate that healing by promoting the level of belief in another, wchich in turn will facilitate their recieving the healing from God, many 'healers' are deluding themselves and their followers.

In my view, believing in Christ in general or specifically in healing does not confer any special immunity from either the spiritual ills of the surrounding community (we are not exempt ourselves from being positive influence in our society) nor the physical ills in the population (e.g. we should not tempt God by ignoring our health professionals advice regarding the current epidemic).

Thanks
Anybody that is merged with Truth is healed.
Truth is the only reality, for what is not true is unreal.
Truth restores what has been altered to it's authentic reality.
Truth IS the healer.

Thanks
Yes for healing is our bread. One of My Christians just got her complete healing from COVID19. God is still healing.

Hi! I think this is a valid proof that miraculous healing is still possible: https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/202...ed-9-11-overcomes-2-covid-19-hospitalizations :)

Hello Martha;

Yes, aside from the seriousness of the corona virus, there are other illnesses that are being battled right now in our country and across the miles. The Good News is God's Great Healing continues to be at work.

My wife and I witnessed a miraculous healing in our family. Her sister is recovering from liver and kidney surgery just two weeks ago per the link;

Thank you for sharing Christiana's battles over two COVID-19 hospitalizations and victory healing over both.

God bless you and your family.

I haven’t personally witnessed any miraculous healing. Like, once it was there and next it’s completely gone.
the Lord said let there be light and there was light... could have been instantaneous, I don’t know... but usually in my life there’s time. But once we fully accept Him, well, he works straight away, and eternAlly, so one could say it’s a miracle, it just my take some time to see a miracle from a human point of view
Thanks for sharing that link Martha Collins that’s very miraculous xx

I haven’t personally witnessed any miraculous healing. Like, once it was there and next it’s completely gone.
the Lord said let there be light and there was light... could have been instantaneous, I don’t know... but usually in my life there’s time. But once we fully accept Him, well, he works straight away, and eternAlly, so one could say it’s a miracle, it just my take some time to see a miracle from a human point of view
Thanks for sharing that link Martha Collins that’s very miraculous xx

You are very welcome. :)

YES!

Do you choose to believe that God does miraculous healings so as to increase your faith in God????

People all over this world today want God to perform miracles to “prove” Himself to them. They say every day...…...
“If only God would perform a miracle, sign, or wonder, then I would believe!”

I must tell you that This idea, though, is contradicted by Scripture.

When God performed amazing and powerful miracles for the Israelites, did that cause them to obey Him? No, the Israelites constantly disobeyed and rebelled against God even though they saw all the miracles.

Remember, the same people who saw God work 10 miracles on the Egyptian rulers and saw Him part the Red Sea later doubted whether God was able to conquer the inhabitants of the Promised Land and in fact begged Moses to take them back to Egypt.

Jesus performed countless miracles, yet the vast majority of people did not believe in Him. If God performed miracles today as He did in the past, the result would be the same. People would be amazed and would believe in God for a short time. That faith would be shallow and would disappear the moment something unexpected or frightening occurred. A faith based on miracles is not a mature faith.
https://www.gotquestions.org/miracles-Bible.html

As for 2 Tim. 3:5, may I say to you that the proper CONTEXT is the only way to understand the Scriptures.

As the Apostle Paul is writing this, he knows that he will soon taste death and that this epistle will likely be his last. In this situation, he gives Timothy essential instructions regarding the ministry of the church. The CONTEXT here is that Apostolic teaching on this issue is certainly clear. Not only is Scripture alone unique in its God-breathed attributes, but the church itself cannot stand without it. After all, it is the preaching of Scripture which produces the church (Rom. 10:17),

I liked your reply. It could be said that many hold to the expectation that if they see a miracle they will believe. But it is the opposite as it should be. There is truth in this statement: It isn't seeing is believing but believing is seeing.

I liked your reply. It could be said that many hold to the expectation that if they see a miracle they will believe. But it is the opposite as it should be. There is truth in this statement: It isn't seeing is believing but believing is seeing.

Thanks and we are in agreement.

Not only are those who are looking for a miracle not following Bible truth where we see in Romans 17:10......
"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD of God".

They are also opening to door to what the coming "False Prophet" will be doing in Rev. 13:13 where we see...…..
"And he (False Prophet) doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,"

Matthew 7:22-23 are the Words of God who warned all of us that...…...
“Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ ”

Those who build an unbiblical reliance upon signs and wonders as evidence of God have built their faith upon the wrong foundation!

They are completely open to deception because their faith is based upon experience rather than Scripture. They validate their religious beliefs based on their own personal experience.

Thanks
Yes, God still heals, but no so called faith healers, and all healings come from Him, so vast majority thru medicine and surgeries.

Yes, God still heals, but no so called faith healers, and all healings come from Him, so vast majority thru medicine and surgeries.

I agree and would only add that Faith healers are by and large, "Charlatans" who pray on the elderly and sick and those in pain.

Now to prove that all one needs is just a little common sense. IF....IF a "MAN" has the ability to heal people by knocking them down, or blowing on them or laying on of hands or praying for them as we see on TV.......then why in the world are those people not going from hospital to hospital healing the sick.

IF....IF it was legitimate then there should never be a single person in a hospital room.

I agree and would only add that Faith healers are by and large, "Charlatans" who pray on the elderly and sick and those in pain.

Now to prove that all one needs is just a little common sense. IF....IF a "MAN" has the ability to heal people by knocking them down, or blowing on them or laying on of hands or praying for them as we see on TV.......then why in the world are those people not going from hospital to hospital healing the sick.

IF....IF it was legitimate then there should never be a single person in a hospital room.
Oral Roberts had a 900 foot Jesus appear to him and demand put up Hospital to see miracles of healings, but death rate there same as in every hospital!

Oral Roberts had a 900 foot Jesus appear to him and demand put up Hospital to see miracles of healings, but death rate there same as in every hospital!

Hello brothers;

When I was 5 years old my parents ministered meds for my asthma and I developed hallucinations (of worms crawling all over my body, this lasted about a week but for a child this was horrible and it seemed to last forever.) Mom and Dad's intentions were good but they were giving me too much medicine to combat my asthma. It got to be too much for them to see their child suffering so the next day my Dad took me to the doctor. He explained to my Dad why I was having a bad reaction.

I remember that night my Mom laid in bed with me and she began praying. The next morning when I woke up the hallucinations were completely gone.
8 years later the asthma went away. Praise Him!

I can't explain nor have I ever witnessed the guy on tv or in a tent who heals people. But I can explain that we have been empowered with boldness to go straight to God, who moves and works through our prayers and for those who choose to believe, He has us in the midst of our struggles.

God bless you all and your families.

Hello brothers;

When I was 5 years old my parents ministered meds for my asthma and I developed hallucinations (of worms crawling all over my body, this lasted about a week but for a child this was horrible and it seemed to last forever.) Mom and Dad's intentions were good but they were giving me too much medicine to combat my asthma. It got to be too much for them to see their child suffering so the next day my Dad took me to the doctor. He explained to my Dad why I was having a bad reaction.

I remember that night my Mom laid in bed with me and she began praying. The next morning when I woke up the hallucinations were completely gone.

I can't explain nor have I ever witnessed the guy on tv or in a tent who heals people. But I can explain that we have been empowered with boldness to go straight to God, who moves and works through our prayers and for those who choose to believe, He has us in the midst of our struggles.

That’s a grand testimony!
I really hope one day I can pray that well.
My prayer life , It seems to be hit and miss. Some things I get and some I don’t. Even if other people are involved, God doesn’t always work wonders ( or at least it seems that way from my limited perspective)

Hello brothers;

Absolutely!!!!

I agree completely and that is exactly how faith in God heals.

GOD HEALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back