DO You Believe That We Have A Guardian Angel Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a trick question or a "got cha" one.

The question is whether each person—or each believer—has an angel assigned to him/her.

Before you answer, take note that In the Old Testament, the nation of Israel had the archangel, Michael) assigned to it and that is seen in Dan 10:21 and 12:1 , but Scripture nowhere states that an angel is “assigned” to an individual. Now YES, angels were sometimes sent to individuals, but there is no mention of permanent assignment which led to being a "guardian.

It was actually the Jews who fully developed the belief in guardian angels during the time between the Old and New Testament periods. Some early church fathers believed that each person had not only a good angel assigned to him/her, but a demon as well. The belief in guardian angels has been around for a long time, but there is no explicit scriptural basis for it.

So if you are of the opinion that YOU have a "guardian angel"......please post the Scripture that supports your belief.

Now remember that when Jesus left, ascended to the Father he promised to send the "Comforter who is the Holy Spirit" and not a guardian "angel".

Thoughts.????

I think it is generally understood that evil spirits (fallen angels) are present then why not protecting spirits.
Miracles don't happen in a vacuum.
For having personal assignment - angels aren't omniscient so tasks would probably require familiarity.
I believe God chooses to use angels to accomplish things as He does with people.
IMO

The question is whether each person—or each believer—has an angel assigned to him/her.

Before you answer, take note that In the Old Testament, the nation of Israel had the archangel, Michael) assigned to it and that is seen in Dan 10:21 and 12:1 , but Scripture nowhere states that an angel is “assigned” to an individual. Now YES, angels were sometimes sent to individuals, but there is no mention of permanent assignment which led to being a "guardian.

It was actually the Jews who fully developed the belief in guardian angels during the time between the Old and New Testament periods. Some early church fathers believed that each person had not only a good angel assigned to him/her, but a demon as well. The belief in guardian angels has been around for a long time, but there is no explicit scriptural basis for it.

So if you are of the opinion that YOU have a "guardian angel"......please post the Scripture that supports your belief.

Now remember that when Jesus left, ascended to the Father he promised to send the "Comforter who is the Holy Spirit" and not a guardian "angel".

Thoughts.????
The only scriptural evidence for personal guardian angels applies to children and not to adults.

Matthew 18:10 (KJV)
See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

I see. In retrospect, I see myself as one who was born with the Sinful Nature, thus my back was always turned against the Lord. It wasn't until I received the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, the cutting away of the Sinful state of my heart (Sarx), that I was found to be in a Right relationship with God. When the Curse was lifted from my heart, my life has never been the same . . . I am being changed by the Spirit and there isn't anything I can do about it. My life has fallen under the Power and Control of our Omniscient, Powerful, Almighty God. If this Circumcision of Christ had not been granted to me, I'd still be the same, miserable jerk hurting people in all of the silly ways that I was.

Romans 5:12 NLT - "When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned."

I've only had one Transformation, not two. But . . . that's just how see things I suppose.
Well, paidforinfull quoted Mt. 18:10 and then you asked ‘at what point do we lose those angels’?
So if Jesus saying is true, how do you reconcile ‘our backs are always turned‘ with ‘their angels always beholding the face of the Father’?
I was simply trying to answer your question ‘at what point in life do we lose those angels’?

I think it is generally understood that evil spirits (fallen angels) are present then why not protecting spirits.
Miracles don't happen in a vacuum.
For having personal assignment - angels aren't omniscient so tasks would probably require familiarity.
I believe God chooses to use angels to accomplish things as He does with people.
IMO

However.....is there any Bible support for that idea?

The only scriptural evidence for personal guardian angels applies to children and not to adults.

Matthew 18:10 (KJV)
See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

Good Scripture. but.......where in that verse do we see "guardian angels" that would in some way be protecting those on the earth.

It is for sure a challenging Scripture to understand. However notice that the literal words are......
"their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

If this verse is being used to cite and say that each child has a “guardian” angel, it just does not wok. The passage does NOT teach this. In fact, it teaches just the opposite. If the angel is always before the face of the Father, then it cannot be following the child around making sure that it doesn’t get hurt or anything like that.
A child’s guardians are his parents and when parents fail to raise their children appropriately, children get hurt.

So to conclude, we can definitely say that whatever this means, Matthew 18:10 speaks to the innocence of the child. On that, there is no doubt. As to the way God uses angels in the world today, there is just too much that we don’t know and I know of no better explanation for the meaning of this passage than the one I have given.

I see. In retrospect, I see myself as one who was born with the Sinful Nature, thus my back was always turned against the Lord. It wasn't until I received the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, the cutting away of the Sinful state of my heart (Sarx), that I was found to be in a Right relationship with God. When the Curse was lifted from my heart, my life has never been the same . . . I am being changed by the Spirit and there isn't anything I can do about it. My life has fallen under the Power and Control of our Omniscient, Powerful, Almighty God. If this Circumcision of Christ had not been granted to me, I'd still be the same, miserable jerk hurting people in all of the silly ways that I was.

Romans 5:12 NLT - "When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned."

I've only had one Transformation, not two. But . . . that's just how see things I suppose.

Good stuff..........however, what part of all that was an angel involved in??????

Wow. That's a really cool verse. I stand corrected! :D

This leads me to think . . . at what point in life do we lose those angels if we in fact do lose them?

You said......
"at what point in life do we lose those angels if we in fact do lose them?"

Now.....how can you lose something that you never had????

the Old Testament, the nation of Israel had the archangel (Michael) assigned to it (Daniel 10:21; 12:1), but Scripture nowhere states that an angel is “assigned” to an individual.

The Jews fully developed the belief in guardian angels during the time between the Old and New Testament periods. Some early church fathers believed that each person had not only a good angel assigned to him/her, but a demon as well. The belief in guardian angels has been around for a long time, but there is no explicit scriptural basis for it.

Thoughts.????
We have the Holy Spirit sealed in us, so what can an Angel do that He cannot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back