Do You Think God Forgets About Those In Hell?

Im not trying to be rude... its just something I've always wondered.
In Romans,Paul says that God's love reaches the depths of Hell..or something like that.

So does God,idk, blot he ever created them out of his mind?

I just couldn't imagine, seeing as he took so much time to craft and form them in womb, records every tear shed, number of hairs on their head.... when they stand or sit,
He knows each human being that lived and is living so well..He might as well been pregnant with us all .

But then again, its such a burden to live with the anguish of knowing and hearing the suffering of one you love...

But still, our lives on this earth is too short..and some have their lives unjustly cut down. ( murder,sickness etc) to hold a crude for eternity... with such weak vessels..seems petty.

It's like... what is there to be mad at? Were gonna die....
and then to be tormented for eternity for 20,30,40,60,100 yrs of living seems
Spiteful...

Why not just let them live on this earth, its Hell enough as is.
Idk... God to me just seems P.O.'ed tbh

Last edited:
Just thinking of unsaved friends..and hell, even myself going to such a place is messed up.

Idk sometimes I wonder why is glory so important? Why does God want it so bad..when the hobo on the street probably doesn't.
I just wonder why he couldn't just watch over us this and leave it at that since he's so angry with humanity anyway... that he'd send them to eternal torments anyway.

Why get involved?

No, a better question... I guess the million dollar question: why create people you'd be so angry with .... whats the point?

Because Heaven and Earth pass away and they are replaced by new ones. So if he let them stay on Earth they would pass away.

Now some will tell you they are tormented forever.

I'm not in that camp from how Revelation puts it.

In Romans,Paul says that God's love reaches the depths of Hell..or something like that.

I just couldn't imagine, seeing as he took so much time to craft and form them in womb, records every tear shed, number of hairs on their head.... when they stand or sit,
He knows each human being that lived and is living so well..He might as well been pregnant with us all .

But then again, its such a burden to live with the anguish of knowing and hearing the suffering of one you love...

But still, our lives on this earth is too short..and some have their lives unjustly cut down. ( murder,sickness etc) to hold a crude for eternity... with such weak vessels..seems petty.

Spiteful...

We cannot understand the fullness of God so we cannot judge Him, but only He can judge us. With our feeble minds we attempt to understand and only find fault - but He is 100% perfect in every way. The book of Job is a perfect example of this. Job judged God and God defended Himself and in the end Job repented of judging God unfairly.

So he does forget them ? Wow... this is pretty sad.. ah well..
It is what it is..and what it is ain't changing.
Still, what a fate.

Spiteful...

It has been said that it would be a great error to think God love those in Hell any less than He loves those in heaven.

What I would encourage you to do is have faith in God's justice and leave it to His divine mercy and grace. Praying for those who have passed is helpful to, and praying that those who do not believe in Him.

We avoid making doctrinal statements based on what we feel about Hell for a few reasons. Say we tell people that those who haven't heard of God will go to heaven. In that case, what is the point of evangelizing? If we say your actions on earth don't matter, what is the point of being alive or for that matter not doing bad things? If we say that hell is temporal and not eternal, does it really matter if you go to hell for a few weeks or even years when you spend and eternity longer in heaven anyways?

For these reasons we don't get into the habit of redefining doctrine, but you can trust that God is perfectly just, infinitely merciful and ultimately loving, and if you don't see any other way for these things to be true other than that your friends were not damned to Hell for all eternity, that's fine, you can believe that and pray for it to be true, but just have the humility to admit to admit you could be wrong.

I myself hold out a strong hope for universal reconciliation because I see that as the greatest way for God to be glorified, but I cannot discount the scriptures that speak of punishment for the wicked and such being eternal.

I would, however, encourage you to look into some of the teachings from the Eastern Orthodox church as they carry a more mystical approach to faith, while Western Catholics and Protestants (particularly those who come from Calvinist traditions, i.e. Anglicans, Puritans, Episcopalians) tend to view it in a more legalistic fashion. Catholicism in particular has adopted in the past a lot of heinous visions of Hell (I call it the "Cosmic Torture Chamber") which I think was adopted in order to coerce people into doing what certain corrupt clerics wanted. In reality I do not believe it is a place where we are tortured by demons, I believe it is a place where we are tortured by our own arrogance. Nothing is more horrible for an arrogant person than to be in the presence of someone greater than himself, let alone God. And from the beginning, it has been wanting to be like God that has gotten humanity into trouble (tree of knowledge, tower of babel, etc.).

So if it makes you feel better, I do not believe Hell is eternal separation, and I do not believe it is a place where evil is overflowing. I believe it is a place where people in their own arrogance wallow in punishment (punishment that is consequential, not punitive) and for whatever reason cannot humble themselves. I see hell as the terminal state of a sickness called sin, which Christ could heal, but people refuse to be medicated. Though, even if this is the case, it does not necessarily mean Hell is any easier from our side, but as it is said there are two kinds of people in the end, those whom say to God, "Thy Will be done," and those to whom God says, "Thy will be done."

Thanks Murphy for the insightful answer...
I have studied the subject a lot because I mostly refuse to believe in the doctrines a lot of evangelicals propagate. Most of these come from Calvinist theology which is a later development and what I believe is false doctrine. Any other questions you have I can do my best to answer them in a satisfying way without giving you the fundamentalist lecture. I have probably had a lot of the same concerns you've had.

God as no memory, anthropomorphizing aside. All history is presently before God.

God hates those in Hell, for the Bible tells us so (God "hates workers of iniquity", no matter what any quack preacher told you). And, that makes complete sense, for no one would throw an object of love into the fires of Hell.

Jesus said you have to hate your family to be his disciple. You can't love them and live knowing their fate for rejecting salvation.

(This post is not an invitation for anyone to quote "God so loved the world", "love your neighbor", or "love your enemies." If you feel so compelled, sign up for a class on reading comprehension.)

God as no memory, anthropomorphizing aside. All history is presently before God.

God hates those in Hell, for the Bible tells us so (God "hates workers of iniquity", no matter what any quack preacher told you). And, that makes complete sense, for no one would throw an object of love into the fires of Hell.

Jesus said you have to hate your family to be his disciple. You can't love them and live knowing their fate for rejecting salvation.

(This post is not an invitation for anyone to quote "God so loved the world", "love your neighbor", or "love your enemies." If you feel so compelled, sign up for a class on reading comprehension.)
No need to be pretentious Barnabas. Our friend is just confused and inquiring.

Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Can you not quote just two scriptures of the thousands in the Bible without giving any explanation as to what you are trying to say?

Ezekiel 42:9 "There was an eastern entrance from the outer courtyard to these rooms."

Numbers 1:46 "The total number was 603,550"

Last edited:
I am not saying anything, the Word is.
Malachi 3:2, 3 "But who will be able to endure it when he comes? Who will be able to stand and face him when he appears? For he will be like a blazing fire that fefines metal, or like a strong soap that bleaches clothes.

He will sit like a refiner of silber, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer accpetable sacrifices to the Lord."

Malachi 3:2, 3 "But who will be able to endure it when he comes? Who will be able to stand and face him when he appears? For he will be like a blazing fire that fefines metal, or like a strong soap that bleaches clothes.

He will sit like a refiner of silber, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer accpetable sacrifices to the Lord."

I am not offended by the Word of God, Are you? "Who will be able to stand and face him when he appears?"

I am not offended by the Word of God, Are you? "Who will be able to stand and face him when he appears?"
Don't hide your own doctrine behind the veil of scriptural infallibility, it is a dishonorable thing to do. State what you believe and show how it is supported. Context is important to our discussion and it cannot be ascertained from two verses. And unless you are planning on quoting the entire Bible, providing your doctrinal belief is the only way to contribute to the discussion.

Don't hide your own doctrine behind the veil of scriptural infallibility, it is a dishonorable thing to do. State what you believe and show how it is supported. Context is important to our discussion and it cannot be ascertained from two verses. And unless you are planning on quoting the entire Bible, providing your doctrinal belief is the only way to contribute to the discussion.
Does not the Word of God speak for itself? Or do you need a guide on what it says?

Let see, so far you have only contribute your own opinions without scriptural support. At least I have posted a scripture that pertains to the topic.
Is this not a Bible Christian forum that uses the Word as proof or just opinions?

Back