Do you use original languages in bible study and teaching?

I know where you are coming from, but don’t you think one year of Greek is better than none at all?
At least you won’t have the wool pulled over your eyes by theological hucksters pointing to the Book of Romans and saying “The Hebrew says…”

Im not against seminary training, and i am myself trained...Im familiar with Manuscript evidence.

And when a "but the greek says", or but the "origianal greek" says, comes at me, then i already know more then they know, because i know that there is no "original"., and they dont. So, they are pretending to be an authority, and that is why i'll make them admit they cant read Koine Greek fluently. And its the same with Hebrew.

Here is the reality.....the only "originals" were the original letters that the apostles put down., and they are disappeared from this planet 1900 yrs ago, obo. All we have, are copies of copies and "early fragments" of early copies.
What does that mean? It means that God had to preserve His Word, and He always will.
Currently its in english....

99.9% of the time, these "the original text""" says people...... are telling you what the greek translator stated in their lexicon, because they can't read it.
So, this is all...>"im the authority". "look at me everyone''" "carnality", and i dont spend a lot of time with it, as they are a waste of time.
Fact.
It comes down to a person trying to be the authority over the word of God, by using what they can't even read.
Its a shell game.

Now if you want to learn some Greek and some Hebrew, then learn it. Thats a fine idea.
Come to Israel and learn it LEGIT< in a Hebrew School.
But it would serve you best, Spiritually, to do this....>"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."""
That's Paul talking to every born again person, and he's not talking about learning a foreign language.

Not at all.
Let me show you something really interesting.....

God in His foreknowledge, knows all things, before they happen.
And that is very interesting, in all cases, especially concerning the fact that God wants ALL people to be able to read His word.
"the Preaching of the Cross" is the Gospel of Salvation, and if you can't understand it, language wise, then how can "faith come by hearing, and hearing by the word of God'?

How many people in this world, dont Speak, OT Hebrew, and 1st century Koine Greek?
A.) most of the planet.

So, what did God do about that?
Well, He always knew (foreknowledge) that as time progressed in the "time of the Gentiles", that the world was going to end up, as "most of the world, speak's english".
In fact, it would be difficult to find a place in the world today, where English is not taught to the culture.

A.) Most People in the world, have been taught the fundamentals of the English Language, including the America Hating communist and muslim countries.
B.) This is required as a part of their studies, worldwide.

So, God KNEW that the universal language was going to one day become, English...... and that is why about 5oo yrs ago, the English Bible's became the word of God.
And that is even moreso true today, in these end times.

God is not foolish. He would not have as His word , what nearly 100% of the planet can't read or speak. = Koine Greek, and Hebrew.
The Originals were ONLY inspired books by God, and they were in Aramaic/Hebrew and Koine Greek!

And if you can read and speak, Koine Greek and OT Hebrew, fluently, then by all means., get one of the 30 "extant" Greek texts, after you pursue with due diligence a deep course in manuscript evidence so that you can determine, on a scholarly level, which of the 30 greek new testaments is the real one, or 2, and why not use the Latin Translation instead.
However, if by "study" you mean....>"i have a few Greek Lexicon study bibles, and each is translated by a different translator, and they dont all say the same thing, so, i will just go with the one i think makes the best sense, per verse............if that is what you mean, then by all means, never do that.

Here is what Paul told us to do.

The word of God is Spirit and Truth.. and you study it, by learning how to "rightly divide it", which is to "spiritually discern it", as the word of God is "Spiritually Discerned".
You read a novel, and you "discern" the scriptures. This is not even related as "study".

So, if you can't even read Greek, then there is no way you can even begin to spiritually discern it.

God knew all this, and that is why English is the universal "gold standard", and the English Bibles are the way to go.
Are you in the cult of the KJVO?

Im not against seminary training, and i am myself trained...Im familiar with Manuscript evidence.

And when a "but the greek says", or but the "origianal greek" says, comes at me, then i already know more then they know, because i know that there is no "original"., and they dont. So, they are pretending to be an authority, and that is why i'll make them admit they cant read Koine Greek fluently. And its the same with Hebrew.

Here is the reality.....the only "originals" were the original letters that the apostles put down., and they are disappeared from this planet 1900 yrs ago, obo. All we have, are copies of copies and "early fragments" of early copies.
What does that mean? It means that God had to preserve His Word, and He always will.
Currently its in english....

99.9% of the time, these "the original text""" says people...... are telling you what the greek translator stated in their lexicon, because they can't read it.
So, this is all...>"im the authority". "look at me everyone''" "carnality", and i dont spend a lot of time with it, as they are a waste of time.
Fact.
It comes down to a person trying to be the authority over the word of God, by using what they can't even read.
Its a shell game.

Now if you want to learn some Greek and some Hebrew, then learn it. Thats a fine idea.
Come to Israel and learn it LEGIT< in a Hebrew School.
But it would serve you best, Spiritually, to do this....>"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."""
That's Paul talking to every born again person, and he's not talking about learning a foreign language.
God preserved His word to us now in the Hebrew and Greek texts!

Hebrew and Greek texts have authority over all translations. not other way around!
Just out of curiosity, when you have two Greek manuscripts which differ in rendering, which do you go with? Do you side with the older set of manuscripts, or do you go with the set that has the majority attestation?

The Originals were ONLY inspired books by God, and they were in Aramaic/Hebrew and Koine Greek!

The "originals" were the Apostle's letters.

Following their disappearance by the end of the 1st century, you had "copies of the apostles letters", and then for the last 1950 yrs, you have copies of copies, of copies.
You have a copy made into Latin. Only one denomination uses that one.

There are no Originals, as the originals were the Apostles letters, and they are long ago gone.
What you have seen, is "fragments" that are "early copies", "dead sea scroll", and you have about 30 NT greek completed manuscripts , of which about 3 are used to make the "new" bibles.

If you dig into the history of the OT manuscripts then you find Origen's Hexapla, and other stuff.

God preserved His word to us now in the Hebrew and Greek texts!

Not at all.

God understood that Hebrew and Koine Greek would be a very very marginalized language, as the "time of the apostles" continued, and that English would eventually be the universal language, worldwide.
Look around, its a fact.

When the anti-Christ shows up, he wont be speaking Koine Greek...>He'll be speaking English, tho, he will have "tongues" and will produce miracles.
He's a fake Christ, so, he'll have some showtime magic on hand, that will fool the world.

Now, if you read and speak Hebrew and Koine Greek, fluently, then go right ahead and get yourself alll the copies of those you can find, and study.

As im still new here and am finding my footing and learning how this forum "feels" and "flows"...i just wanted to talk a bit more about this, "Greek text"......situation., as what i was originally offereng a member to consider, was later modified and promodifed and sort of restated as "behold hates the greek"
haha.

Not at all.

My original point is this.... Many Christians are chasing the rabbit trail of...>"use the greek to try to understand the Bible", which soon morphs into, "use the greek to CORRECT the bible".
And that is a fail.
Why?
Its because those who do it, can't speak the language or read it. And so, when they are studying the greek, they are not studying the greek, they are instead learning what that particular translator is telling them that the verses say, in that Greek book they bought.
See that?
So, that is not studying the Greek. That is reading the english, as its translated by a translator that becomes their understanding, that they pretend is to "study the greek".

And then these same stand in a pulpit or come to a forum and say...>"no, the greek says.....the original greek says"...and in fact, they can't read the greek, and what they profess is the "original" and the "Understanding", is what the translator wrote in ENGLISH as the translation they read that is sitting across from each greek verse, in their "study lexicon".

So, that is not only pretending you can read it, but its pretending that you are an authority, when in fact your authority is the guy or gal that was hired by the company that produced that Greek Text BOOK that you bought.
So, your AUTHORITY< is that TRANSLATOR person, who wrote it to you in english, as you can't read it in greek.

So, see that?
That is FAKERY. That is PRETENSE.......and forums and pulpits are infected with these same.

This is not good, because its not HONEST.

So, for the benefit of a sincere believer who studies the Bible and finds themself being yelled at on a forum by a "original greek authority", who can't even read Koine greek...... Well, just remind them that they can't read Greek, make them admit it, make them be honest..... and let that be the final word, as that IS the final word when dealing with these fake authorities.

Last edited:
When the anti-Christ shows up, he wont be speaking Koine Greek...>He'll be speaking English, tho, he will have "tongues" and will produce miracles.
He's a fake Christ, so, he'll have some showtime magic on hand, that will fool the world.
Perhaps the world will have a global language like at the Tower of Babel...or Google Translate lol. With the current technology, I sometimes think mathematics is the universal language.

Perhaps the world will have a global language like at the Tower of Babel...or Google Translate lol. With the current technology, I sometimes think mathematics is the universal language.

Well, here is what i can tell you about the anti-Christ.
He has to have a reason to show up.

What's Odd, about "end time" teachers is that they never show you the context of why the son of perdition is going to come unto the world stage.
They basically read each other's books and then out comes their new one.
Ford chasing Chevy, chasing Toyota.
They all talk about "over there in Daniel", and over then where it says, the "70th week", and, over there...over there, over there.
Well,
what about this.......WHY does the son of perdition show up. ?
That is what you need to know, as if you can think of it like that then you can see him coming.

Scholarship looks at the Anti-Christ's arrival from the wrong end of the telescope, for 150 yrs.
They want to see the long road, and so they can't see the soon arrival.
Paul and all the apostles thought that Jesus was coming back in their day.
When they talk about the "soon coming", they were not kidding.....They thought Jesus was coming back in their lifetime.

Here is the thing.... The anti-christ Spirit has to have a reason to show up as a living human, as this reason makes him LEGIT, in the world's eyes.

What's that reason?
Its 1 thing....... Global Economic Meltdown, first and foremost.

He's coming to deal with that........and the SIGNS are what bring it in.
Will it be economic collapse based on Covid variations that never stop, and the world just keeps going into financial chaos, till the global economic meltdown?
And it could be that WW3 is coming sooner than we thought......and that will be a addition to the economic collapse that the "man of peace" will arrive to solve ..

And you are right. We are all connected by a SCREEN, and the AC is going to appear on it, and talk to the world.
This is the main reason FOR the internet. Its "instant access" globally to each of us, that the AC needs.

I can tell you this..
As of this year, there is a global surge of Anti-semitism that is not been this fierce since the '30s, in Germany, and this "feeling" is world wide.
And i can tell you that Putin has armed Iran with "mid-range" rockets that can carry not just enough explosive damage to turn the Holy Land into a sand Crater, as of today, but these same can carry warheads that are spelled "nuke".

Its interesting that Iran is shifting the world's attention to...."can we make a nuke" "can we have our treaty back",,,,,while they already have enough mid-range russian rockets to turn the middle east into a sheet of glass, with Israel in the center.

You may not have been taught this, but the "messiah" that Islam is waiting for, their Mahdi.....is the Anti-Christ of the Bible, and they want to bring him in, by "world wide chaos".
Its soon to happen.

Well, here is what i can tell you about the anti-Christ. He has to have a reason to show up.

Hello Behold;

I want to respond more in depth to this discussion later. But for now, here is where I'm very watchful.

Satan and his demons have a reason to show up. The moment we are saved and are built up to follow Jesus daily, we are a threat to the evil one. He is going to thwart every angle of God's glory and great love for each of His people, but God's plan was revealed at the cross and, actually upsided the devil's scheme all along.

In the meantime, please pray for the ones who struggle with laziness to study the Bible. This is a battle in itself.

Do You Use Original Languages in Bible Study and Teaching could be a good discussion in this thread to encourage others in their personal reading and tools used in their study of the Bible.

At the end of the day the Bible is one of the weapons we are given as the opportunity to behold Christ daily in our walk and equipped to battle spiritual darkness.

More to come...

God bless you all and your families.

Just out of curiosity, when you have two Greek manuscripts which differ in rendering, which do you go with? Do you side with the older set of manuscripts, or do you go with the set that has the majority attestation?
Majority of the time the Critical Greek text, but also at times the bzt one!

As im still new here and am finding my footing and learning how this forum "feels" and "flows"...i just wanted to talk a bit more about this, "Greek text"......situation., as what i was originally offereng a member to consider, was later modified and promodifed and sort of restated as "behold hates the greek"
haha.

Not at all.

My original point is this.... Many Christians are chasing the rabbit trail of...>"use the greek to try to understand the Bible", which soon morphs into, "use the greek to CORRECT the bible".
And that is a fail.
Why?
Its because those who do it, can't speak the language or read it. And so, when they are studying the greek, they are not studying the greek, they are instead learning what that particular translator is telling them that the verses say, in that Greek book they bought.
See that?
So, that is not studying the Greek. That is reading the english, as its translated by a translator that becomes their understanding, that they pretend is to "study the greek".

And then these same stand in a pulpit or come to a forum and say...>"no, the greek says.....the original greek says"...and in fact, they can't read the greek, and what they profess is the "original" and the "Understanding", is what the translator wrote in ENGLISH as the translation they read that is sitting across from each greek verse, in their "study lexicon".

So, that is not only pretending you can read it, but its pretending that you are an authority, when in fact your authority is the guy or gal that was hired by the company that produced that Greek Text BOOK that you bought.
So, your AUTHORITY< is that TRANSLATOR person, who wrote it to you in english, as you can't read it in greek.

So, see that?
That is FAKERY. That is PRETENSE.......and forums and pulpits are infected with these same.

This is not good, because its not HONEST.

So, for the benefit of a sincere believer who studies the Bible and finds themself being yelled at on a forum by a "original greek authority", who can't even read Koine greek...... Well, just remind them that they can't read Greek, make them admit it, make them be honest..... and let that be the final word, as that IS the final word when dealing with these fake authorities.
Reads like standard KJVO here!

Reads like standard KJVO here!

I would think that the "standard KJVO" would read......."no other bible is any good, just use the KJV".

So, i think you can do some research on that, and discover that it is true, and also note that ive not said anything about the KJV on this Forum.

Again........Keep in mind that im not saying anything about the KJV.....
Im only stating that most bible correctors and most "greek authorities" that play this pretend game on forums and in pulpits, can't read Greek.
And so, that ends all false pretense, regarding being able to teach it, or even believe it.

And as i said......When you find one of these pretenders on a forum or in a pulpit, then ask them if they can read and speak Koine Greek and Hebrew fluently, and when they say they can't, then ask them to stop pretending to be an authority regarding what they can't even read.

See how common sense teaches us to understand?
This is "wisdom".

Imagine the ludicrousness and the dishonesty all playing together as one, if someone said...."well, im an airline pilot because i have watched videos that teach me how to fly, tho i have never been in a plane".

"well, im a race car driver, because i bought one at an action, so, as i own it, that makes me a real one".

"well, i can't read Greek or Hebrew, but i can correct bibles, and pretend im an authority of the "greek" and "Hebrew" texts" on a forum, and some people actually believe me".

Usually it’s not just one person doing the translation but a committee that double checks each other’s work and often have educated lay persons to offer feedback.

Usually it’s not just one person doing the translation but a committee that double checks each other’s work and often have educated lay persons to offer feedback.

And after all that, the person with the lexicon, still can't read it.
This means you have to accept that these..."educated lay person's and the committee", is not related to a cult.
How do you know?
Have you researched them?

"well, i got it in a bible book store that sells Billy Graham material and the most recent book by Pope Francis, as well as a HD Video series on the "Spiritual Art of John Calvin, hosted by the Reverend Robert Schuller"".

Ahhhhh..
Well then........
===================================================================================

Listen,

im not trying to get you to agree with me. Ok? Im just trying to get you to see what i see, and then God takes it from there.

And even if all of the lay person's and committee team members were walking on water on the way to the translation table, halo's all aglow, the person who buys this book, is still teaching what THEY say ""it means""", per verse, and that is not the person themselves studying or even reading the greek.

So, here is how to play that game honestly on a forum, or in a pulpit.

Have them admit....>"i can't read greek, but i choose to believe that the translators that are teaching me what they believe the greek says, has to be true, and upon that i now claim to be a greek authority and a future bible corrector."

This perhaps sounds harsh, and i want it to, as we live in the age of spiritual fruit fakirs that is out of control.

Like many ..., im on a few forums, and its an unbelievably DARK experience in '2021.

In the last 2 weeks.....

I had a forum member tell me ""that the blood of Jesus does not keep you saved and that you keep yourself saved by repenting.""
I had another on another forum tell me that ""their church has no real interest in that Christ gospel of forgiveness.""
I had another tell me that there is no hell
I had another tell me that its Israel fault that 2000+ rockets were fired at Tel Aviv a month ago.
I had another tell me that we are to trust the "original greek" that they can't read, and not the bible.
I had another tell me that we are born again to go back under the old covenant and keep the law, as the reason we are born again.
I had another tell me that John 3:16 is not talking about Jesus.

These are different forums, all "moderated", and are all "Christian".

Last edited:
And after all that, the person with the lexicon, still can't read it.
This means you have to accept that these..."educated lay person's and the committee", is not related to a cult.
How do you know?
Have you researched them?

"well, i got it in a bible book store that sells Billy Graham material and the most recent book by Pope Francis, as well as a HD Video series on the "Spiritual Art of John Calvin, hosted by the Reverend Robert Schuller"".

Ahhhhh..
Well then........
===================================================================================

Listen,

im not trying to get you to agree with me. Ok? Im just trying to get you to see what i see, and then God takes it from there.

And even if all of the lay person's and committee team members were walking on water on the way to the translation table, halo's all aglow, the person who buys this book, is still teaching what THEY say ""it means""", per verse, and that is not the person themselves studying or even reading the greek.

So, here is how to play that game honestly on a forum, or in a pulpit.

Have them admit....>"i can't read greek, but i choose to believe that the translators that are teaching me what they believe the greek says, has to be true, and upon that i now claim to be a greek authority and a future bible corrector."

This perhaps sounds harsh, and i want it to, as we live in the age of spiritual fruit fakirs that is out of control.

Like many ..., im on a few forums, and its an unbelievably DARK experience in '2021.

In the last 2 weeks.....

I had a forum member tell me ""that the blood of Jesus does not keep you saved and that you keep yourself saved by repenting.""
I had another on another forum tell me that ""their church has no real interest in that Christ gospel of forgiveness.""
I had another tell me that there is no hell
I had another tell me that its Israel fault that 2000+ rockets were fired at Tel Aviv a month ago.
I had another tell me that we are to trust the "original greek" that they can't read, and not the bible.
I had another tell me that we are born again to go back under the old covenant and keep the law, as the reason we are born again.
I had another tell me that John 3:16 is not talking about Jesus.

These are different forums, all "moderated", and are all "Christian".
Yes, it would be little difference from listening to anyone claiming to be an authority, even our self. Some arguments are simply self defeating.

Back