Do you watch / listen / read ONLY Christian centered movies, music, literature?

We all have different interests and tastes when it comes to cinema, music, books or hobbies. Some prefer to watch crimes or sci-fi movies.🎬 Some of you may listen to the gospel, worship music or rock, electronic artists. 🎸 Maybe you like reading biographies or fairy tales? 📚

Do you watch / listen / read ONLY Christian centered movies, music, literature? 😇

Please share with me your opinion and thoughts. 💭
Those things you see and hear stay in your mind, shaping the way you think. If you watch the filth produced in modern Hollywood, then your mind receives the message of drug use, alcohol abuse, adultery, homosexuality, lying, and corruption being things to be accepted and embraced. This can't help but create a kind of cognitive dissonance in the Christian mind--a situation which can only be remedied by the grace of God through the work of the Holy Spirit. I prefer to watch and listen only to Christian media.

I think you do have to be selective about what you watch or listen to and walk away, turn off anything that God isn't happy with you seeing.

There did used to be codes of what was acceptable to view in Hollywood I think it was the Hays Code. The reason why all the backless dresses the screen sirens wore back then was because they weren't allowed to show anything low cut from the front.

After 1968 though it was anything goes and movie producers were a lot more independent.

There are ratings for movies though still in place, anything with G for General audience or U for universal is fine.
Movies will have R ratings and warnings about drug use, violence, graphic horror etc. YOU choose what you want to see.

There is also Common Sense media which rates children's materials.

I do think with Hollywood (although many movies are not actually made in Hollywood anymore) expect a certain amount of artifice and unrealistic portrayals of life. And anything American is likely to have the inevitable gun violence scene. After all that was what 'Westerns' were all about. If it didn't have a shoot em up, or a train robbery it wasn't even a movie.

I think you do have to be selective about what you watch or listen to and walk away, turn off anything that God isn't happy with you seeing.

Reminds me of a time when I accidentally clicked a link and I was horrified to what came through…
I was troubled for some time afterwards.

But God eventually pacified my soul.

We can’t always be prepared for what we receive but as long as our hearts/ soul is clean we bounce back.

We all have different interests and tastes when it comes to cinema, music, books or hobbies. Some prefer to watch crimes or sci-fi movies.🎬 Some of you may listen to the gospel, worship music or rock, electronic artists. 🎸 Maybe you like reading biographies or fairy tales? 📚

Do you watch / listen / read ONLY Christian centered movies, music, literature? 😇

Good question. Over the years I was always an avid reader. I read all the genre of books and novels. I still love to read mystery novels and especially military dramas like from Tom Clancy & W.E.B. Griffin etc.

A really great Christian book to read is ......"This Present Darkness". It is a page turner and I recommend that you start early in the day so you wont be up till midnight because you will not be able to put it down!

Interest and taste in movies, literature and music has nothing to do with ALL of my watching and listening. I even listen to NPR sometimes....ONLY to keep up with what the enemy is up to....

MM

I look for Christian centered entertainment as often as possible, but if there is some quality stuff out there, then I'll take a look at that.
Evan Almighty is one that I wouldn't consider Christian centered, but had a good message and was entertaining. My family also loves the National Treasure movies.

Some people are so obsessed with what the enemy is up to that they fail to look after the sheep.
And some are so obsessed with the sheep that they never see the wolf behind the bushes.

Remember Abraham and Issaac? Abraham hears the call from God to take Isaac and offer him as a sacrifice; at the last minute, Abraham’s hand is stopped by God and a ram is seen in the bushes & is offered instead.
Now.............Was the Ram there all the time or did it just materialize when Abraham was stopped. ?????

And some are so obsessed with the sheep that they never see the wolf behind the bushes.

Remember Abraham and Issaac? Abraham hears the call from God to take Isaac and offer him as a sacrifice; at the last minute, Abraham’s hand is stopped by God and a ram is seen in the bushes & is offered instead.
Now.............Was the Ram there all the time or did it just materialize when Abraham was stopped. ?????
we need a middle ground...

Jesus, we love You!!!

❤️🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

On the Titanic movie, a priest was prophesying from Book of Revelations as the ship was sinking.
There are several spiritual references in the Titanic movie.

In the movie there is a passenger reciting Psalm 23 as the ship breaks in half. Jack brushes him aside while making his way up the stern and comments to the person reciting the psalm about hurrying up while he is walking “through the valley of the shadow of death”

Although I liked the movie, this cheap shot annoyed me.

They have a church service for the first class passengers on the ship where Jack is not allowed. It would have been on the Sunday. While everyone is dressed up in first class, they would have been wearing their Sunday best outfits for it.

Rose sings a hymn. I don't know which one it is. It's possibly a non-denominational service as most ships would be.

The band plays 'Nearer my God to Thee' as the ship goes down.

There are many Irish (Catholic) people on board and one of them says the typical 'Jesus Mary Joseph' exclamation

Older Rose talks about 'an absolution that never comes'

I think I heard one man (sailor?) swear 'Jesus Christ!' when they see the iceberg dead ahead.

Jack lays down his life for Rose. He is the Christ like figure of the story. Older Rose says 'he saved me in every way that a person can be saved'.

We don't know if she fell pregnant after the end of the movie! Maybe??

On the Titanic movie, a priest was prophesying from Book of Revelations as the ship was sinking.
Actually he was a Catholic priest and he was NOT "Prophesying" but ending his prayer quoting from Rev. 21:4.......
“God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes and there shall be no more death.”

Back