Doctrinal Salvation

Sure---denominations that all are united in the understanding of salvation and the Lordship of Jesus Christ and who He is. Not lies.
Denominations are not always united and certainly there can be great differences between them on the same Scripture.

I repeat: Christian denominations that agree on salvation in Christ alone, and in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, despite minor differences in some interpretation---and not lies---are not a problem. We can give grace to one another on the small stuff.

Who decides what is a lie? I can see where Mormons get most of their beliefs about Christ through the Bible. It's not like they are just pulling things out of thin air.

Who decides what is a lie? I can see where Mormons get most of their beliefs about Christ through the Bible. It's not like they are just pulling things out of thin air.

We can determine a lie by knowing the scriptures and allowing Holy Spirit to point it out. Mormons have a tainted faith based on the acceptance of writings other than God's word that are claimed to be from God---which are demonically inspired. They do not accept what God's word says.

We can determine a lie by knowing the scriptures and allowing Holy Spirit to point it out. Mormons have a tainted faith based on the acceptance of writings other than God's word that are claimed to be from God---which are demonically inspired. They do not accept what God's word says.
Didn't you say in the "letters" thread that you believe there are prophets today? Prophets don't speak the word of God?

They don't accept what you believe the Bible to say in some parts. This is again just you assuming that your position is right. I believe Mormons have the Holy Spirit. I don't understand how I could sense that in them if that were not the case.

Sadly, they have been.

Mormon beliefs include
Christ is brother to Satan.
Every planet has a "God".
There is God the Father, God the Uncle, God the Aunt, God the Nephew, God the Cousin Thrice Removed.

Mormons get their beliefs from the nonsense Joseph Smith came up with.
This meme has been repeated through history. Our "friends" in Hell find a patsy, tell him he is a prophet,
feed him a load of nonsense, keep him alive long enough to get the new religion going.
This has been the source of Mormonism, Islam, Bahai, Buddhism, Sikhism, and not just a few others.

Didn't you say in the "letters" thread that you believe there are prophets today? Prophets don't speak the word of God?

They don't accept what you believe the Bible to say in some parts. This is again just you assuming that your position is right. I believe Mormons have the Holy Spirit. I don't understand how I could sense that in them if that were not the case.

Sure there are prophets today. What has it to do with this?

Mormonism is not of God. Holy Spirit is not part of it. They are just nice people working for salvation.

Sure there are prophets today. What has it to do with this?

Mormonism is not of God. Holy Spirit is not part of it. They are just nice people working for salvation.

Mormons get their teachings through people they believe to be prophets of today. Who do you think are prophets today?

So Mormons that walk around saying that Jesus is their Savior and bear Christian fruits do not have the Holy Spirit? I can sense the Holy Spirit in people when I talk to them in person. Are you saying that I'm imagining Christ's love radiating off them?

Let me add my 2 cents.. I am going to be broke adding my 2 cents so many times all over the place!

Let's look at it Biblically.. I would look at 2 verses.. Paul clearly states that anyone who call on the Lord will be saved.. Salvation is available for everyone.. He is not saying a sound doctrinal understanding is needed and so on.. Simply calling upon the name of Lord.. I will link this with the woman with bleeding for 12 years.. She does something totally crazy.. We see she thinks all she has to do be healed is touch Jesus' garment.. And we see Jesus later saying she was healed by her faith.. But there is nothing in OT or Jesus's teaching which says that by touching his garment one could be healed.. Can I take a step and say she was not doctrinally strong? or take one more step and say she was doctrinally wrong? All that mattered was faith that Jesus can bring healing..

I am not saying it means it is okay to be wrong doctrinally. I am just saying, God looks at heart like no man does.. God will always honor the faith of a person (not to say result will be as we expect, but result will be for His glory)..

This is what leads me to believe that anyone who calls upon the Lord and has faith, will be honored by Lord..

Romans 10:12-13
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Mark 5:25-29
A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. For she thought to herself, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.” Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.

Sorry for my bad humor.. Just trying to bring the tension down.. I know, I am not good at it :)

Mormons get their teachings through people they believe to be prophets of today. Who do you think are prophets today?

The LDS was started by a false prophet, Joseph Smith, a deceived man who deceived others, and so on and so on and so on it goes. Certainly, people who have been visited by demons do not qualify to be prophets today!

So Mormons that walk around saying that Jesus is their Savior and bear Christian fruits do not have the Holy Spirit? I can sense the Holy Spirit in people when I talk to them in person. Are you saying that I'm imagining Christ's love radiating off them?

They are deceived people in need of the real Jesus as Saviour. What you are sensing in them is false, yes.

The LDS was started by a false prophet, Joseph Smith, a deceived man who deceived others, and so on and so on and so on it goes. Certainly, people who have been visited by demons do not qualify to be prophets today!

They are deceived people in need of the real Saviour. What you are sensing in them is false, yes.

Hmm. I don't agree at all but I guess you're set in your ways.

I'd say that even if someone's beliefs about Jesus are not exactly the same that they would still be saved. I don't see the Bible as necessary so differences in opinion about some details wouldn't make or break salvation.

The Jesus that Mormons preach is not the Jesus we know.

Some differences between LDS and Christianity:

Biblical Christ: Eternally God
Mormon Christ: Not always God, became a god

Biblical Christ: Only God
Mormon Christ: One of many gods

Biblical Christ: Creator of all things
Mormon Christ: Was created; spirit brother of Lucifer

Biblical Christ: Begotten miraculously, of the Holy Spirit
Mormon Christ: Begotten sexually, by God the Father

Biblical Christ: Not married
Mormon Christ: Married with children

Biblical Christ: Atoned for sin by death on the cross
Mormon Christ: Atoned by sweating blood in Gethsemane

Biblical Christ: Justifies the ungodly
Mormon Christ: Requires godliness before justification

Biblical Christ: Offers full salvation unconditionally
Mormon Christ: Offers full Salvation only on conditions

Can you provide a link that substantiates this? They don't appear to mention it on their website.

Hmm. I don't agree at all but I guess you're set in your ways.

I'd say that even if someone's beliefs about Jesus are not exactly the same that they would still be saved. I don't see the Bible as necessary so differences in opinion about some details wouldn't make or break salvation.

Set in my ways? Does that mean I need to soften my stance on false religions that promote a false Jesus?

If the word of God isn't necessary to you for truth, then that would contribute to the inability to determine what is true.

Can you provide a link that substantiates this? They don't appear to mention it on their website.

I'm sorry, but I do not have a link. It goes without saying that any LDS website would NOT include such a comparison.

I'm sorry, but I do not have a link. It goes without saying that any LDS website would NOT include such a comparison.
They probably started out the way you described as Joseph Smith was a heretic. However they do not seem to be this way now. I know Mormons and they don't seem any different than Baptists. I have never heard them speak of the things you mentioned either. They call themselves Christians.

They probably started out the way you described as Joseph Smith was a heretic. However they do not seem to be this way now. I know Mormons and they don't seem any different than Baptists. I have never heard them speak of the things you mentioned either. They call themselves Christians.

Mormons have not changed their belief system. They are still a deceived people, and we need to be reaching them for Christ as well as any other lost people. If they don't appear to be much different than Baptists, then what does that say about the Baptists?

It matters not what they call themselves. What does God call people who preach heresy?

Set in my ways? Does that mean I need to soften my stance on false religions that promote a false Jesus?

If the word of God isn't necessary to you for truth, then that would contribute to the inability to determine what is true.

No, it means that you should accept just because you believe something is correct doesn't make it so.

And what I said was that the Bible isn't necessary for salvation. The early Christians didn't have our canon and they were saved, right? There are people in small villages in foreign countries with their own language that don't have a Bible they can read, yet they call themselves Christians because missionaries taught them about Jesus and they believe. Are they not saved because they don't have our collection of books? I love reading my Bible, but I could only have the book of Mark or I could have nothing but the word of some guy that came to my village in Africa and told me that a perfect man died for me so I could have eternal life and I would be saved. I don't worship the Bible. I worship Christ Jesus.

But wouldn't they have a statement of faith or something similar?

When the Lord says something, it is right and I have no reason to disbelieve Him. We as Christians are to be careful that we do not allow other teachings that disagree with the word of God to pollute and dilute our faith.

Galatians 6:7 (AMP)
Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap.

If you want a statement of faith for the LDS, then you can find it online, I am sure.

When the Lord says something, it is right and I have no reason to disbelieve Him. We as Christians are to be careful that we do not allow other teachings that disagree with the word of God to pollute and dilute our faith.

Galatians 6:7 (AMP)
Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap.

If you want a statement of faith for the LDS, then you can find it online, I am sure.

o_O
I'm not questioning God. I'm questioning your interpretation of the Bible. That is no where near the same thing.

Back