Does God choose to limit Himself?

What's the purpose of renewing our minds to the Word of God?
It should fulfill our hearts desire. To think like God. As carnal people we hate our enemy. As our minds are renewed we start loving them. Seeing things through God's eyes. As carnal people we think our job and health is everything. If we lose our job or health we contemplate suicide. With renewed minds we grasp that we are only here to serve God. He will look after us and does place us where He needs us. We better grasp that we are living for eternity, not just 70 years on earth.

It should fulfill our hearts desire. To think like God. As carnal people we hate our enemy. As our minds are renewed we start loving them. Seeing things through God's eyes. As carnal people we think our job and health is everything. If we lose our job or health we contemplate suicide. With renewed minds we grasp that we are only here to serve God. He will look after us and does place us where He needs us. We better grasp that we are living for eternity, not just 70 years on earth.

So by renewing our minds to the Way God sees things, and how He operates, and wants us to operate, could that be having the Mind of Christ?

Genesis 6:3 says that man is given to live 120 years on the earth. And science is now backing that up.

So by renewing our minds to the Way God sees things, and how He operates, and wants us to operate, could that be having the Mind of Christ?

Genesis 6:3 says that man is given to live 120 years on the earth. And science is now backing that up.
Yes. We are going from glory to glory in renewing our minds. I don't believe we ever 'literally' have the mind of Christ / God. Sure, in heaven we cross a huge threshold with losing our flesh / no longer seeing through a glass darkly.

Your example is good but I don't think the mind of Christ is really highlighted by that. That is just 'eureka' I know something I didn't and science backs me up. Think of these scriptures 1 Cor 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. Phil 2:2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

Mind of Christ = loving God first, all second, do unto others as you want to do to you, love your enemy VS pride, selfishness.

Mind of Christ is a direct contrast to the carnal mind / satans mind. Grasping why turning the left cheek > eye for an eye.

Last edited:
Yes. We are going from glory to glory in renewing our minds. I don't believe we ever 'literally' have the mind of Christ / God. Sure, in heaven we cross a huge threshold with losing our flesh / no longer seeing through a glass darkly.

Your example is good but I don't think the mind of Christ is really highlighted by that. That is just 'eureka' I know something I didn't and science backs me up. Think of these scriptures 1 Cor 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. Phil 2:2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

Mind of Christ = loving God first, all second, do unto others as you want to do to you, love your enemy VS pride, selfishness.

Mind of Christ is a direct contrast to the carnal mind / satans mind. Either we love what God hates or we hate what God hates.

Sorry, i was trying to separate the two. The verse in Genesis is due to your 70 years comment.

Sorry, i was trying to separate the two. The verse in Genesis is due to your 70 years comment.
People before Noah lived way beyond 120 years. Your verse and mine (Psalm 90:10) are both after the flood and seem to be clashing, but I think it just points to a declining lifespan.

I believe we will grasp a lot more but are you suggesting we literally receive 'the mind of God'? We will grasp where God comes from? :) I hope you are right, that question will give us headaches in heaven.

"For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we [Christians] have the mind of Christ.".......... 1 Corinthians 2:16

IMO, that to have the mind of Christ is not that Christians are perfect in their thoughts or that they have an infinite mind. But a process of thinking more spiritually about things. Seeing events in this life in their correct perspective. From a heavenly view.

Then if we consider that at sometime in our future when we leave this earth we shall have glorified bodies as did Jesus. It seems that to me then that our minds and bodies will be as one, truly united to Christ.

The mind of Christ lives and dwells within our rebirth spirit, where Christ is now our new life. Our human natural mind is not where the mind of Christ dwells, for the mind of Christ never needs renewing. The natural mind in its un renewed state is the enemy of God until it is renewed. Since Jesus Christ is God in us, then the one who knows all things has become our life. Being able to extract this knowledge requires Wisdom.

Pro 20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

We have that "deep well" in us, and all we need to do is draw it out.
Then we have Holy Spirit of God as the scripture tells us,.....

1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.

If we have the "mind of Christ", and also filled with the Spirit of God who are the thoughts of God, how can we not know how the Lord moves or thinks since we have his thoughts and mind? The only reason we would not know is if we simply do not believe these scriptures.
We seem to think we are suppose to "experience" these things first and then believe them after they become real.
This kind of thinking is completely backwards. We find scripture that tells us these things and believe them first, then experience them.

Last edited:
"For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we [Christians] have the mind of Christ.".......... 1 Corinthians 2:16

IMO, that to have the mind of Christ is not that Christians are perfect in their thoughts or that they have an infinite mind. But a process of thinking more spiritually about things. Seeing events in this life in their correct perspective. From a heavenly view.

Then if we consider that at sometime in our future when we leave this earth we shall have glorified bodies as did Jesus. It seems that to me then that our minds and bodies will be as one, truly united to Christ.
:) I think that would make us demi Gods. I am more a pessimist on this. I don't see scripture saying we will become angels (greater) or monkeys (lessor) creations. I just see scripture saying that we no longer see through a glass darkly (IQ is much greater) and we put on immortality. As you said in the middle of your post the mind of Christ is simply agreeing with Him on things. Having the same opinion / judgment on matters / heart after His.

The fact that Jesus still bears the wounds of the cross, for me, points to us being ''''human''' for eternity. Quarrelling, sometimes not wanting to swim with others in the holy water, some days not feeling like singing. The cross covers us for eternity. Accepting Him is greater then anything we will do in the future. Along the lines of James 5:20.

I know we want to imagine a '''''perfect''''' heaven. But I don't see it :giggle::giggle:.

:) I think that would make us demi Gods. I am more a pessimist on this. I don't see scripture saying we will become angels (greater) or monkeys (lessor) creations. I just see scripture saying that we no longer see through a glass darkly (IQ is much greater) and we put on immortality. As you said in the middle of your post the mind of Christ is simply agreeing with Him on things. Having the same opinion / judgment on matters / heart after His.

The fact that Jesus still bears the wounds of the cross, for me, points to us being ''''human''' for eternity. Quarrelling, sometimes not wanting to swim with others in the holy water, some days not feeling like singing. The cross covers us for eternity. Accepting Him is greater then anything we will do in the future. Along the lines of James 5:20.

I know we want to imagine a '''''perfect''''' heaven. But I don't see it :giggle::giggle:.

I undewrstand what you are saying but I have to disagree. We will not be humans for eternity.

1 Corth. 15:48-50......
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. "

Corruption can not inherit INCORRUPTION. We must be changed into something else.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54........
"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortal".

We can not enter heaven as humans, the whe way we are now. We must be changed into a glorified body as was the Lord Jesus.

The mind of Christ lives and dwells within our rebirth spirit, where Christ is now our new life. Our human natural mind is not where the mind of Christ dwells, for the mind of Christ never needs renewing. The natural mind in its un renewed state is the enemy of God until it is renewed. Since Jesus Christ is God in us, then the one who knows all things has become our life. Being able to extract this knowledge requires Wisdom.

Pro 20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

We have that "deep well" in us, and all we need to do is draw it out.
Then we have Holy Spirit of God as the scripture tells us,.....

1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.

If we have the "mind of Christ", and also filled with the Spirit of God who are the thoughts of God, how can we not know how the Lord moves or thinks since we have his thoughts and mind? The only reason we would not know is if we simply do not believe these scriptures.
We seem to think we are suppose to "experience" these things first and then believe them after they become real.
This kind of thinking is completely backwards. We find scripture that tells us these things and believe them first, then experience them.

Amen!

King....a verse just came to my mind that speaks to your comment.

Philippians 3:21..........
"Who shall CHANGE our vile bodies that it may be fashioned like unto HIS GLORIOUS BODY, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself".

Then in 1 John 3:2......
"Beloved, now are we Sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that when He shall appear, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM, for we shall see Him as He is".

We will have at the Rapture, a glorified body just like the one Jesus had after His resurrection. We will not be angles nor will we remain human, but we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye into an incorruptable body!!!!

God can and will do w/e he wants whether its to (I don't see it as limiting himself, I see it as Him doing what he sees ft, whether he's orchestrating things behind scenes or conspicuous and in full view.. its all up to him)

Limit or unlimit certain things or people in circumstance and situations..

show mercy

yadd, yadda

We have the "mind of Christ" now? Who? What is this "mind of Christ" that we supposedly have.
We obviously aren't using it.

We have been given the mind of Christ at our rebirth! Things that were gobbledegook to us before salvation now are clear to us. We have His understanding that enables us to appreciate and assimilate the truth as it is revealed to us through God's word, like never before. That is the mind of Christ at work in us. He, by His Spirit, teaches us.

We have been given the mind of Christ at our rebirth! Things that were gobbledegook to us before salvation now are clear to us. We have His understanding that enables us to appreciate and assimilate the truth as it is revealed to us through God's word, like never before. That is the mind of Christ at work in us. He, by His Spirit, teaches us.
If that is the case for all believing Christians, then why are so many so very wrong about so many things?

If that is the case for all believing Christians, then why are so many so very wrong about so many things?

People are most often wrong because they do not open themselves up fully to the speaking or teaching of the Holy Spirit.

We have the "mind of Christ" now? Who? What is this "mind of Christ" that we supposedly have.
We obviously aren't using it.
It is through Holy Spirit that we have the mind of Christ.. Yes, we often fail to recognize it! How? we often fail to yield to Holy Spirit..

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

I believe we will grasp a lot more but are you suggesting we literally receive 'the mind of God'? We will grasp where God comes from? :) I hope you are right, that question will give us headaches in heaven.
Are you thinking that when Paul used the phrase 'mind of Christ'. he meant 'mind of God'? Are they to be understood as the same thing?
The mind of Christ in action:
Luk 22:42. saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."
Joh 8:28. So Jesus said to them, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.
Joh 5:30. "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
When we run around 'half cocked' doing in our own prideful strength, do we have the mind of Christ?
Instead of our own prideful ways, we ought rather to strive in this vane;
Eph 4:11. And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12. to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13. until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
This I think would be the path to attaining to the mind of Christ.

Back