DONE

Today I have decided, as hard as it may be, to give up all theologies I have come to believe over the years in favor of a purely Biblical mindset. We Christians come up with names for this belief and that belief, but I am done with all of that. If I believe something, it is going to come with a chapter and verse and not just what my mind thinks. There are a lot of things I don't understand but I will do my best to only believe what the Bible teaches. So I'm no longer a Calvinist, Futurist, whatever. I'm just a Christian and I will try to only believe what is written in the Bible. That means whenever I say something relating to salvation, I will have a chapter and verse that teaches what I believe. No more rationalizing and best guessing.

What you are doing is the right thing to do. I literally (not figuratively) HATE words that end in -ism or -ist. They are EVERYWHERE, and that can really piss someone off. But anyway, I believe that all of those -isms are wrong just because of the fact that the world uses those terms as well. For example, feminist, nihilist, racist, optimist, etc.

What you are doing is the right thing to do. I literally (not figuratively) HATE words that end in -ism or -ist. They are EVERYWHERE, and that can really piss someone off. But anyway, I believe that all of those -isms are wrong just because of the fact that the world uses those terms as well. For example, feminist, nihilist, racist, optimist, etc.
To your isms and ists Juk, you might like to add, Baptist, pentecostalist, methodist catholic(ist) 7th day adventist dentist etc.
If we are truly a part of the body of christ, then all these encampments are wrong, all they do is keep christians in immaturity.
1Cor1v10I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,a in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephasb ”; still another, “I follow Christ.”
13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Last edited:
Today I have decided, as hard as it may be, to give up all theologies I have come to believe over the years in favor of a purely Biblical mindset. We Christians come up with names for this belief and that belief, but I am done with all of that. If I believe something, it is going to come with a chapter and verse and not just what my mind thinks. There are a lot of things I don't understand but I will do my best to only believe what the Bible teaches. So I'm no longer a Calvinist, Futurist, whatever. I'm just a Christian and I will try to only believe what is written in the Bible. That means whenever I say something relating to salvation, I will have a chapter and verse that teaches what I believe. No more rationalizing and best guessing.

Congratulations and every blessing on your new journey.
Maybe I am just naive, but I have never taken up with famous names. If as often happens, I am accused of being in one camp or another, I can honestly deny it because I really don't understand these camps. Only yesterday I had to google futurist and preterist to see what they meant.
For better or for worse, I remain independent and looking to the Holy Spirit to lead me into all truth.

To your isms and ists Juk, you might like to add, Baptist, pentecostalist, methodist catholic(ist) 7th day adventist dentist etc.
If we are truly a part of the body of christ, then all these encampments are wrong, all they do is keep christians in immaturity.
1Cor1v10I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,a in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephasb ”; still another, “I follow Christ.”
13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?
One pastor pointed out that the label on the outside lets you know a little about what to expect on the inside.

Before you go and say that those divide us, consider a believer from on a trip (business or other) who wishes to worship and wants to choose where to find like minded believers.

It's not that different denominatiobs can't fellowship together, but sometimes we need a familiar approach when we are far from home.

I have been in this situation, and can say the I was grateful to have an indication of the traditions of worship on the inside.

Without stating which denomination, I once was on a business trip and ended up in one of those 'All views of God are equally valid' churches. I left feeling that I needed to go to church again (and found one for the evening services).

One pastor pointed out that the label on the outside lets you know a little about what to expect on the inside.

Before you go and say that those divide us, consider a believer from on a trip (business or other) who wishes to worship and wants to choose where to find like minded believers.

It's not that different denominatiobs can't fellowship together, but sometimes we need a familiar approach when we are far from home.

I have been in this situation, and can say the I was grateful to have an indication of the traditions of worship on the inside.

Without stating which denomination, I once was on a business trip and ended up in one of those 'All views of God are equally valid' churches. I left feeling that I needed to go to church again (and found one for the evening services).
The type of church you mentioned sounds ecumenical, not non-denominational.

The type of church you mentioned sounds ecumenical, not non-denominational.

Actually, it wasn't. The church doctrine is built around an each to himself view. More a "be a good person and do good works, and however you view God, He will be pleased" approach.

I love learning the viewpoints of others, I try to understand them on their own terms, but there has to be Christ in the center.

Actually, it wasn't. The church doctrine is built around an each to himself view. More a "be a good person and do good works, and however you view God, He will be pleased" approach.

I love learning the viewpoints of others, I try to understand them on their own terms, but there has to be Christ in the center.
Was it a "Christian" church?

\0/

Reactions: Juk

Wow! Praise God! That is a great way to be and begin to see God, how the Bible describes Him. I believe that God is very proud of you and has lots to show you. We will continue praying for God to bless you with an abudance of godly wisdom!

Cuz like abdicate said there are lots of things to unlearn, and allow God to replace with the truth of the Word. God has been helping me to do this for qruite some time.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!

I would have rathered you to have said irritate someone instead of using the p word.

Blessings

I agree. I believe that all "Christian" denominations are wrong.

I forgave you when i wrote it but thought that i would say something, because to me that is a swear word.
Personally, I don't view that as a swear word. To me it is just a stronger word used to express irritation or anger. I rarely ever use it myself.

Reactions: Juk
Back