Drunk In The Spirit Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the HS that caused David to commit adultery with Bathsheba, too? Or set up Uriah, her husband to be slain?

Am I misreading you or did you say:"So, we can take it that you do not believe you have be raised with Christ, and you do not believe you are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ? Right? We can also agree you have not been translated into His Kingdom? Right? You also do not believe you have come to Mt zion the city of the living God. Where exactly are you anyway? If you are not in any of these places then you can not be in Christ, because that is where He is, and so are we.?
and this?:
I have fellowship with the Lord every single day of my life. I go to Church every single day where all the saints of God have been assembled together in the Heavenly Jerusalem. Where are you? Have you even attempted to believe this? I think not, as I can tell according to your words in which you are trying to accuse me of not having fellowship with the saints in light"

You are in the Heavenly Jerusalem? With all the Saints God (edit*)? You go to Heaven every day?

my proclamation that the word translated "tongues" in the Bible really just means languages but the more modern church has messed that up.

1 Cor 14:2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the spirit.

Was it the HS that caused David to commit adultery with Bathsheba, too? Or set up Uriah, her husband to be slain?

You are in the Heavenly Jerusalem? With all the Saints God (edit*)? You go to Heaven every day?

I don't think it is wise to speak like this. You are not just mocking CCW.

I hate to tell you but it was never intended for someone to join a Church and then spend the rest of their life sitting and listening to the same ol thing week after week. They are suppose to learn and then be sent out to teach others.
Amen! But we do still need to come together. The world rubs off on us all day. We need others to wash and exhort us.

I think it is because you are older ;). You feel nobody can teach you anything. You are probably right too, I doubt there is anything a 20 or 30 year old can tell you that you have not heard before. But, that is not the only reason we are supposed to gather. If you have not started your own church, there is a place God wants you where your brothers and sisters need you and you will realize that you need them too.

Up is down with you folks. JPT and I have said the charismatic movement is dangerous to the church - and such sayings as "slain in the spirit" "drunk in the spirit" "baptized with fire"come directly from this movement. This movement makes a mockery of the gifts and you accuse us of blasphemy to the HS??? It is dangerous because it is the main flow of the church these days......one thing we all agree on ----the narrow road to heaven is alot less crowded these days. Go with your feel good encounters with "HS" - the whistles and bells. Get your rewards here.
Well the problem is that you guys have no ability to judge these things, and your contempt for the things of God puts you outside of truth and in the place of the mockers of scripture.

Up is down with you folks. JPT and I have said the charismatic movement is dangerous to the church - and such sayings as "slain in the spirit" "drunk in the spirit" "baptized with fire"come directly from this movement. This movement makes a mockery of the gifts and you accuse us of blasphemy to the HS??? It is dangerous because it is the main flow of the church these days......one thing we all agree on ----the narrow road to heaven is alot less crowded these days. Go with your feel good encounters with "HS" - the whistles and bells. Get your rewards here.

So, according to you and JPT what 'changes' / what is the need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit?

When Jesus left, why did He say He will send (future) the Holy Spirit in His name? Why didn't He just say ''as was done in the OT, God will watch over you all and interact with you when need be''. We have prophets, teachers, elders and scripture....why we need the Holy Spirit? Why did the Father send Him?

So, we can take it that you do not believe you have be raised with Christ, and you do not believe you are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ? Right? We can also agree you have not been translated into His Kingdom? Right? You also do not believe you have come to Mt zion the city of the living God. Where exactly are you anyway? If you are not in any of these places then you can not be in Christ, because that is where He is, and so are we.
These truths cannot be believed by those who walk in the flesh, they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

Am I misreading you or did you say:"So, we can take it that you do not believe you have be raised with Christ, and you do not believe you are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ? Right? We can also agree you have not been translated into His Kingdom? Right? You also do not believe you have come to Mt zion the city of the living God. Where exactly are you anyway? If you are not in any of these places then you can not be in Christ, because that is where He is, and so are we.?
and this?:
I have fellowship with the Lord every single day of my life. I go to Church every single day where all the saints of God have been assembled together in the Heavenly Jerusalem. Where are you? Have you even attempted to believe this? I think not, as I can tell according to your words in which you are trying to accuse me of not having fellowship with the saints in light"

What kind of question is this? Who can reason with folks who would even suggest such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back