Durian the fruit you either love or hate

We put it on almost everything and, yes, I have done the garlic swallow thing. We have real garlic, we have powdered garlic, garlic paste, and bottle or commercially chopped up garlic. If the made garlic cologne. I'd be all over that as well.

My culture (Caribbean) has this marinating sauce called "mojo." My dad use to make his own version that included a whole bunch of garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. He added the olive oil hot and all over the garlic and that brought our the garlic smell ad taste. You pour that over white rice and whatever meat was used that day. We also dipped bread in it. It is like a narcotic.

We put it on almost everything and, yes, I have done the garlic swallow thing. We have real garlic, we have powdered garlic, garlic paste, and bottle or commercially chopped up garlic. If the made garlic cologne. I'd be all over that as well.

My culture (Caribbean) has this marinating sauce called "mojo." My dad use to make his own version that included a whole bunch of garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. He added the olive oil hot and all over the garlic and that brought our the garlic smell ad taste. You pour that over white rice and whatever meat was used that day. We also dipped bread in it. It is like a narcotic.

Hello Ray;

The mojo sounds delicious and would enjoy dipping bread into it, or, I was thinking of crab meat.

I always think of that passage in the Bible when the Israelites have left Egypt and they are hungry, and they want to go back because they are remembering all the good food they had there, including garlic, melons and cucumbers lol.

I didn’t even know you could freeze fruit except berries.

I think sorbet is frozen fruit so with ice so they must taste good😊
Yes, we freeze quite a bit of fruit. In our case, it is mangoes. We live in an area where mangoes are everywhere. Not only do people have mango trees in their back yards, there are trees growing on the public sidewalks. Since there are way too many to eat during the season, we peel, but and freeze:

20210911_072128.jpg
Rtm

There are a number of good ways to preserve or keep fruit. Sometimes we dry fruit like cherries, blueberries and apples, they make for a wonderful snack. We've also sugared green figs and sour plums which turned out well. We have made some fruit raps as well. I've only touched on some of the ways to keep and preserve fruit.

Back