End Times Or No?

I wonder how many people feel we are really and truly living in the end times now, and how many think we are not. I know there is a temptation to think that when the world looks bleak and ugly and sinful that it's all coming to a head, but surely people have always done that to some degree. I think about how much more it must have felt like the end times during the time of the bubonic plague or some other massively catastrophic disaster.

Greetings:

Joel 2:31//Many thought that he was talking about continuous darkness.Now there are doubts.

Attachments

• Joel.jpg
    Joel.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 7
The apostles were so adamant that Jesus was going to come back in their lifetime that they put it in scripture. They obviously were incorrect.

There is no way to know or exactly predict the time it will happen. The best thing to do is make sure you have oil in your lamp when it happens.

I believe what is holding back the coming of the Lord for his Church is (1) unfulfilled prophecies. (2) The condition of the Church.

Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God,

These ministries will continue indefinitely until the Church has come to its fullness of Christ.

This brings up another question, that being what actually happens when the end arrives, some believe in a "rapture" and some do not.

This brings up another question, that being what actually happens when the end arrives, some believe in a "rapture" and some do not.
We just discussed this topic. You may search the site for all related threads.

This is one of those topics which go round and round with no clear solution.

It's beyond me -- though I tend to be incredulous when a group or individual makes a claim of a specific date. I remember the last one was May 26th, 2011 at 6PM.

No date setting, but remember they did look for the Messiah in the year 4000 from Creation. Without signs, how can the times be known? I don't know what triggers the rapture, but this is why the "day of the LORD" starts:

Isaiah 34:8 (KJV)
For [it is] the day of the LORD'S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Signs yes. We're told to keep watch. We can know the season.

But even Jesus doesn't know the exact time so how is it even remotely possible we would be able to figure it out!!??

I wonder how many people feel we are really and truly living in the end times now, and how many think we are not. I know there is a temptation to think that when the world looks bleak and ugly and sinful that it's all coming to a head, but surely people have always done that to some degree. I think about how much more it must have felt like the end times during the time of the bubonic plague or some other massively catastrophic disaster.

Man has had that feeling for a long. long time.

Matthew 24:3.......
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives the disciples came unto to him privately saying, tell us when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming and of the end of the world"? Jesus then tells the disciples about several things that will be taking place
when He comes again.

I am of the opinion that it is not so much all of the things that Jesus described, BUT that we begin to see them ALL taking place at one time. That is the time we need to be looking up "for our redemption is drawing neigh"!

IMHO, we are defiantly in what the Bible calls the Last Days and in fact again in my own opinion the day of March 14, 1948 is the day the prophetic clock of God began its count down.

No date setting, but remember they did look for the Messiah in the year 4000 from Creation. Without signs, how can the times be known? I don't know what triggers the rapture, but this is why the "day of the LORD" starts:

Isaiah 34:8 (KJV)
For [it is] the day of the LORD'S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Amen my brother.

Just recently, with this ISIS fighting in Iraq, Syria being involved along with Iran, I just watched a news report that Israel is very concerned about what is going on.

I say that for ONE reason. One of the important events as told to us by Daniel is that there will be a Seven Year peace treaty between Israel and the A/C and his army. For a peace treaty to be agreed upon, there MUST BE A WAR!

The 7 year peace treaty is the same time frame as the Tribulation Period.

For the A/C to come upon the scene the Church of God must be removed in the Rapture (2 Thess. 2:1-5).

Are we close????? You tell me brother!

But even Jesus doesn't know the exact time so how is it even remotely possible we would be able to figure it out!!??
Indeed. However, there is a day, by design, that cannot be known in advance, and it could be a clue.... 1 Tishri. The ONLY day of the year that cannot be declared in advance, but only by decree of the sanhedrin. That day is called the Feast of Trumpets AND the "last trump" is called Tekiah ha-Gadol as it is the fourth and last trumpet one hears on the Feast of Trumpets. Jesus' own words:

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Have you thought why? There are over 40 time zones on this planet with two days at every moment. So if I say "I'll see you at 4pm" but everyone on the planet hears this, it cannot be known without a point of reference AND calculations for where you are on the planet. So we CANNOT know the day or the hour. :D

Just a thought... @Major YOU BET! :ROFLMAO:

Question: Exact time of the end times, or exact time Christ comes back? Or exact time of rapture?

Is the coming of Christ and rapture suppose to be the same time?

Indeed. However, there is a day, by design, that cannot be known in advance, and it could be a clue.... 1 Tishri. The ONLY day of the year that cannot be declared in advance, but only by decree of the sanhedrin. That day is called the Feast of Trumpets AND the "last trump" is called Tekiah ha-Gadol as it is the fourth and last trumpet one hears on the Feast of Trumpets. Jesus' own words:

But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Have you thought why? There are over 40 time zones on this planet with two days at every moment. So if I say "I'll see you at 4pm" but everyone on the planet hears this, it cannot be known without a point of reference AND calculations for where you are on the planet. So we CANNOT know the day or the hour. :D

Now that is some quick thinking at the spur of the moment. Agreed!

Question: Exact time of the end times, or exact time Christ comes back?

Biblically speaking, and I know some will not agree with me, but the Last Days actually began the day Christ died for man's sin.

Every day lived is a day of GRACE where God is allowing more and more people to come to Christ and be saved.

The exact time as Abdicate stated is one that only the Father knows.

Example: The Rapture is next on the agenda but no one know when it will take place.

Then there must be that 7 year peace treaty but exactly how long after the Rapture will it take place??? The next day, week, year???
Unknown, but IMHO I believe it will be more like weeks than years.
We do not know and we will not be here to know!

Agreeed.

Back