End Times- Why Are We Goofy?

The only issue I have is nothing tells us to count trumpets,

deduction tells us "the last trumpet" is the 7th, since there are only 7 trumpets ..

The Greek reads at the last sound of the trumpet the trumpet will sound, meaning that trumpets are blown in a series of sounds or in succession and at the end or last sound we are raised up.

the Greek reads ..
ἔσχατος eschatos = last

σάλπιγξ salpigx = trumpet
σαλπίζω salpizō = trumpet-blow
σαλπίζω
salpizō = trumpet-blow
νεκρός nekros = dead
ἐγείρω egeirō = raised

which is translated: (at the) last trumpet trumpet-blow, (by the) trumpet-blow (the) dead (are) raised ..

This really does not denote a 7th Angelic trumpet, nor any scripture that points to the 7th angelic trumpet and with what Paul said.

deduction tells us "the last trumpet" is the 7th, since there are only 7 trumpets ..

Also the trumpet Paul mentions He calls the Trump of God, by an Archangel. Not the same as the ones that sound the events in Revelation.

Paul does NOT say an archangel blows the trumpet .. he says Jesus comes with the "shout of an archangel" AND with a trumpet-blow ..
1Th 4:16
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven, with a shout of the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

however indeed the "7 trumpets" are blown by "7 angels" according to God's will ..

Michael is mentioned in Dan 12 "At that time we are delivered" and a Archangel mentioned in Thess, but Michael name is not given, so it's an Assumption that it may be Michael at the same event of being delivered. Michael or any archangel is ever mentioned in connection with the 7 Angelic trumpets that sound events in Rev.

of course not .. NO ONE said Michael blew a trumpet ..

Hence Why I don't find the evidence conclusive to Paul's timing of trumpets with connection to Revelation because Trumpets just sound events, and they sound more than once depending on the type of warning or event.

and is why I do find the evidence conclusive to Paul's timing of trumpets with connection to the resurrection of the saints ..

To say the last trump means the 7th angelic trumpet, and not the last sound of the trumpet after it blows a series of sounds which is mostly understood, would be premature without something telling us different.

Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

what you miss is there are 7 angels blowing 7 trumpets .. not 1 angel blowing 7 times .. a series of trumpet blasts on the same trumpet is found no where in scripture .. it seems to me, that you are turning your head to the obvious ..

Last edited:
Last edited:
what you miss is there are 7 angels blowing 7 trumpets .. not 1 angel blowing 7 times .. a series of trumpet blasts on the same trumpet is found no where in scripture .. it seems to me, that you are turning your head to the obvious ..

Only if you connect Paul's Trump of God to really mean a 7th Angelic blast. The Lord himself, with the voice of the Archangel and with the Trumpet of God. Does not match the 7th Angelic Trumpet blown in Revelation that ends Tribulation.

They don't match. There is no Resurrection event in Rev after the 7th trumpet is blown that is mentioned. Not until Rev 20 are we told about a Resurrection Event or being part of the first Resurrection.

Trump of God From the Lord Himself, is not a 7th Angelic trumpet that sounded events in Revelation.

Trumpets sound events, that is it. No need to count them unless they are numbered and Paul just says the last trump the trumpet will sound. Believers are caught up in the air.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here is another trumpet sound event. Last Angelic Trumpet? It occurs after the 7th seal of the 1/2 hour of silence.

Rev 14 leaves off with the 144,000 it may jump to a vision of the Lord coming.

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Those that die in the Lord henceforth will reign with Him (Rev 20) but for some odd reason they were not caught up in the air. We have a harvest event mentioned here with the tares. No resurrection event.

Rev 19 Jesus comes down with his people so no caught up in the air even here either,

There is nothing that ties Paul's trumpet with anything in Revelation. It's a special trumpet the Lord Himself is involved in called the Trump of God. We have no other connection here because trumpets just sound events.

The 7 Angels sound trumpets.

The Angels were counted, not the trumpets. It was seven angels that were important, each had a trumpet. The scripture always says it was the 5th angel, the 7th angel. The significance was not given to the number of trumpets, but to the number of angels.

So to count trumpets saying Paul's Trumpet was the seventh Angelic trumpet would not be the way they are counted because only the angels were counted.

Rev 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Rev_10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Trumpets are never counted, the number of angels are counted who sound events. To start counting trumpets is not logical because the Bible did not count them, it counted angels. If scripture does not count trumpets, we don't count trumpets.

There is no term saying the Seventh trumpet blew or the 2nd trumpet blew. Hence Paul's trumpet was like any other trumpet, called the Trump of God by the Lord himself. The Trump of God is not the seventh Angel.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Dan 12:1-2)

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Before Tribulation starts, before the 7th seal and 7th angel blowing his trumpet there is a resurrection event by which believers are caught up in the air to meet the Lord Jesus. At that time we are delivered.

The angels are numbered, not the trumpets and we can compare what happens before tribulation starts.

Back