Evangelism ¿ Say What

I would say shouting i.e praising God in worship is a different thing from evangelism which is announcing or preaching the gospel message. Its getting the Word out.

Some methods of evangelism- radio, tv, newspapers, tracts. One cool invention Jesus did not have in his day is the microphone. So you can just speak normally and dont have to literally shout.

You know what people say they fear the most? It isnt spiders or heights or being eaten by crocodiles. Its public speaking. However when the holy spirit gives you utterance, theres nothing that can stop you and you can proclaim the gospel with boldness.

Yes. You know what? You're right. When I look at it from the angle you point out, I agree.

When you mentioned "public speaker", I guess I am a public speaker. When I shared Christ, many unreached were present. But those times when my voice projected, some people have walked away. For me its a live and learn thing.

Evangelism isn't a cookie cutter process. One complete process doesn't mean its going to be received by everybody (the unreached) the same way.

God bless you, Lanolin, and thanks.

Now reading 'Just as I am' Billy Grahams autobiography. It's so much better than the biography I was reading before. i think the author of the other one was trying to dumb it down for children, but didnt really suceed.

Billy Graham says evangelism is simply announcing the good news. Like a broadcaster would. I think thats something all of us can do- spread the word, thought obviously some can reach more than others. It seems Graham had the help of Rupert Murdoch, who owned all the newspapers and was able to publicise the rallies in advance. In any case, thats great. today its all about social media with the young...and the Word can go viral in seconds.

Im hoping to find exactly what Graham preached, somewhere in this autobiography. I know some preachers just simply says Jesus loves you and expect people to become christians right then and there.

We know what Paul said cos its in Acts 13:16-41, which details all their history until Jesus came although the jews werent happy with Paul especially when he warned they that despised his preaching wouldnt believe anyway. Imagine preaching the gospel and then saying 'well you arent going to believe it even when I declare it to you'. And then saying well if you not going to believe and you think you don't deserve eternal life then the gentiles will be happy to hear it! Lol

I dont know if this was reverse psychology or what.

Greetings Everyone,
I thought it would be interesting to learn how everyone views this word called
Evangelism

So how about writing down what you believe Evangelism really is.

Thank You and have a Blessed Day!!
FCJ
Evangelism is the edifying of the word of God in so that believers of the faith can learn, heal and grow!

Wow! This thread was originally started back in September 17th, 2016 and its still going!

I want to write that what I read from a little bit of each one's post is my experience of evangelism last weekend while sharing the Gospel to about 125 men, women and children during a wedding.

I married a young couple just last Saturday the 18th. Three weeks before the wedding the couple was evacuated from their separate homes in Clearlake, CA because of the fires in Northern California. A little less than one week before wedding day they were allowed to return home. The couple and their immdediate families were scrambling to get everything done.

When we arrived last Friday for the wedding rehearsal we could smell the smoke from the wildfires. The families from both sides of the couple came in from New Jersey, Tennessee, Alabama, Arizona, the Philippines and those of us from the SF Bay Area, but it was not an elaborate wedding but very humbling.

I learned very quickly that 98% of the 125 families and guests were unreached. They had heard of "this Jesus" but didn't know He is our Lord and Savior. I personally reflected from the Gospels how Jesus ate with "everyone" without judgment. His evangelism shared His Gospel and what was most profound to me was this;

Jesus' evangelism put Truth, LOVE and Acceptance within my heart as I shared the Gospel to the men, women and children at the wedding. The homily I prepared was changed as I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to use the wedding homily to share about Jesus and the Gospel.

I spoke on the Love Verse from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

The wedding vows were directed at the bride and groom but I was led to direct the Love Verse message to both families. Though not all may have known Christ, I wanted to uplift them how they loved, nurtured, supported the married couple back when they were both children and through the years the couple carried that with them in early adulthood until one day they met and fell in love.

I praised God how both families came together from across the United States as far as the Philippines to witness the couple's survival of the wildfires, how the married couple brought the nurturing they received from their respective families into their relationship and wedding day.

The wedding was a joyous day. The next day my wife and I headed back to Daly City, CA to get ready for Sunday Worship service. At the end of the service before I closed with the benediction, I looked at my entire church family and I was so blessed because each one of them experienced at one time, an evangelist who shared the Truth, LOVE, and Gospel of Jesus Christ. For most of them I was there to witness that day, and when they gave their lives to Christ Jesus.

Your posts on this profound topic did have discussions sprinkled throughout, and there is always room for everyone of us to continue learning, but overall you are correct in what the scriptures teaches us and I was able to remember this thread and take what I read with me. For this my wife and I thank you!

God bless you all and your families.

Wow! This thread was originally started back in September 17th, 2016 and its still going!

I want to write that what I read from a little bit of each one's post is my experience of evangelism last weekend while sharing the Gospel to about 125 men, women and children during a wedding.

I married a young couple just last Saturday the 18th. Three weeks before the wedding the couple was evacuated from their separate homes in Clearlake, CA because of the fires in Northern California. A little less than one week before wedding day they were allowed to return home. The couple and their immdediate families were scrambling to get everything done.

When we arrived last Friday for the wedding rehearsal we could smell the smoke from the wildfires. The families from both sides of the couple came in from New Jersey, Tennessee, Alabama, Arizona, the Philippines and those of us from the SF Bay Area, but it was not an elaborate wedding but very humbling.

I learned very quickly that 98% of the 125 families and guests were unreached. They had heard of "this Jesus" but didn't know He is our Lord and Savior. I personally reflected from the Gospels how Jesus ate with "everyone" without judgment. His evangelism shared His Gospel and what was most profound to me was this;

Jesus' evangelism put Truth, LOVE and Acceptance within my heart as I shared the Gospel to the men, women and children at the wedding. The homily I prepared was changed as I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to use the wedding homily to share about Jesus and the Gospel.

I spoke on the Love Verse from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

The wedding vows were directed at the bride and groom but I was led to direct the Love Verse message to both families. Though not all may have known Christ, I wanted to uplift them how they loved, nurtured, supported the married couple back when they were both children and through the years the couple carried that with them in early adulthood until one day they met and fell in love.

I praised God how both families came together from across the United States as far as the Philippines to witness the couple's survival of the wildfires, how the married couple brought the nurturing they received from their respective families into their relationship and wedding day.

The wedding was a joyous day. The next day my wife and I headed back to Daly City, CA to get ready for Sunday Worship service. At the end of the service before I closed with the benediction, I looked at my entire church family and I was so blessed because each one of them experienced at one time, an evangelist who shared the Truth, LOVE, and Gospel of Jesus Christ. For most of them I was there to witness that day, and when they gave their lives to Christ Jesus.

Your posts on this profound topic did have discussions sprinkled throughout, and there is always room for everyone of us to continue learning, but overall you are correct in what the scriptures teaches us and I was able to remember this thread and take what I read with me. For this my wife and I thank you!

God bless you all and your families.
What a wonderful opportunity you were given to share a Gospel message at this wedding! And so good you listened to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and changed it at the last minute. Thank you for sharing this ...really says we all need to be ready to share especially when we are given such a wonderful opportunity to do so. Blessing to you and your family .

Back