Evangelism ¿ Say What

Fish Catcher Jim

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Being a good citizen is still a good work and something that our Lord expects, -- just not evangelism.
Well I totally disagree! !
Where it is Not every aspect of evangelism it most certainly is a part.
It is a witness.

Walking in Godly Love is not the same as any ol Joe doing good. No Sir, it goes way above and draws attention unto itself.

There are many forms of evangelism
Blessings
FCJ

Well I totally disagree! !
Where it is Not every aspect of evangelism it most certainly is a part.
It is a witness.

Walking in Godly Love is not the same as any ol Joe doing good. No Sir, it goes way above and draws attention unto itself.

There are many forms of evangelism
Blessings
FCJ
With great respect (and I do respect both you and Abdicate greatly), your reply is to my point. You said "it draws attention unto itself", and I would agree, although I would say that it draws attention to who our Lord is.

You can not be a witness if you do not make the object of that witness known.

If the world around does not know this about the good deed doer, that he does this because of the Lord he serves, how would that aid an onlooker know the Lord any better? Otherwise, the attention that you say it draws would be to the brother doing the good things.

Again, I am not denigrating the good mannerly acts or any other acts of good citizenship. I think they are very laudable and in keeping with the dictates of our Lord. I just don't see how they teach anything to anyone else about our Lord, which is what evangelism is, unless the viewer knew that about the brother.

They may teach the brother doing the good acts a few things (like how thoughtful obedience can be joyful)

Fish Catcher Jim

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
With great respect (and I do respect both you and Abdicate greatly), your reply is to my point. You said "it draws attention unto itself", and I would agree, although I would say that it draws attention to who our Lord is.

If the world around does not know this about the good deed doer, that he does this because of the Lord he serves, how would that aid an onlooker know the Lord any better? Otherwise, the attention that you say it draws would be to the brother doing the good things.

Again, I am not denigrating the good mannerly acts or any other acts of good citizenship. I think they are very laudable and in keeping with the dictates of our Lord. I just don't see how they teach anything to anyone else about our Lord, which is what evangelism is, unless the viewer knew that about the brother.

They may teach the brother doing the good acts a few things (like how thoughtful obedience can be joyful)
Lol I think you are still missing the point.
Yes preaching and teaching is a good part of evangelism and yet it is only a part.

A Godly man Walking In Godly Love will outshine and do good person. It's the Love of God flowing through that gets the attention and this does draw men unto it.
They don't understand it and will ask about it and want it.

Our entire life or the way we live or the way we do or do not do things is as a witness and a part of evangelism.

We are to draw them unto us which is drawing them unto the light in us which ultimately is Christ.

Blessings
FCJ

Lol I think you are still missing the point.
Yes preaching and teaching is a good part of evangelism and yet it is only a part.

A Godly man Walking In Godly Love will outshine and do good person. It's the Love of God flowing through that gets the attention and this does draw men unto it.
They don't understand it and will ask about it and want it.

Our entire life or the way we live or the way we do or do not do things is as a witness and a part of evangelism.

We are to draw them unto us which is drawing them unto the light in us which ultimately is Christ.

Blessings
FCJ
Peace.

I do see the point about living our lives as Christians is a whole-life commitment, and one cannot be a good witness for the Lord if he does not show the Lords influence in all that we do.

I think we are in strong agreement regarding the Christian way of life and are bickering about categories and nomenclature. I apologize for what may seem pointless.

:) :D :)

Could this be discipleship? The teaching part?
It could be if the observer knew that the good acts were because of the Lord. I think that without that knowledge, much of the context for the lesson is lost.

It also could be part of discipleship of the brother doing the good acts (practicing what he has learned will strengthen his lessons about obedience and service).

Well. Was going to add something but maybe just leave it as already said what I think evangelism is.
I havent baptised anyone yet but I do witness, which to me is not quite the same as evangelising. I have also taught the bible in schools and the good works I do each day are to glorify Him not myself because He gives me them for me to do. Im more into discipleship.
In terms of spreading the word and the Good News its often a one on one encounter with someone, ive given away a lot of bibles and also when the opportunity presents its itself just placed tracts round the neighbourhood.
If someone who isnt christian asks for prayer I see that as their hearts are open to recieving from God.

To be an evangelist and have His power as the kingdom of God comes not just in word but power, well I think God does prepare us if He calls us specifically for that task. He will say or impress on whoever he calls to tell the gospel to someone or a group of people. I can say Ive sown a lot of seeds but I also know to prepare the soil is just as important.